It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Empire Of The Sun

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Hello world, this is a Motion Design project for the Maastricht Academy of Media, Design & Technology, Communication and Multimedia Design in Maastricht, The Netherlands.

The direction I am going in is multimedia design/motion design combined with game design. I am not quite sure yet what my focus will be but I enjoy making animations. It was really hard (not impossible) to do at the start of it all. I went trough an analysis phase that took me over two weeks trying to gather all the information I needed to find out what I needed to know in other to make my second animation. Then I went trough the painful and necessary scripting and storyboarding stage that took me another two weeks. And the actual animating, photoshopping, Illustrating and editing took me another three ( a little over) weeks.

The more I do it, the more I love it. I can express my feelings, thoughts and one day I hope to tell a lot of stories trough my animations and short films that will help people for the better one way or another. You know that feeling that you found your 'life goal', I think I found mine.

This project was a little over two months of work. About 287 hours of pure hardcore passionated work.This is the second animation I made so far. I dreamt this one day when I was still in the analysis phase of this project, I decided to animate my dream. I hope you like it. Let me know what you think.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Please ATS, don't forget to 1080p, turn your lights off and volume up.

My dream is that one day, I'll be 1000000 times better. I will work very hard to achieve this personal goal.

Programs used.

Photoshop cs6, Illustrator cs6, Premiere Pro cs6, After Effects cs6, Audition cs6.

Never stop dreaming ATS.

Much love
edit on 8/7/13 by sevensheeps because: Update

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:47 AM
link   
That was interesting! I don't know anything about how these compositions are made or the complexities that are involved, but you told a story, the images were beautiful and the story itself told well.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

Your words mean so much to me, that you think it's more then just 'beautiful' artwork. During the whole process I had to be very careful not to lose track of the actual storytelling. I can get very carried away by just making stuff look nice, and it's something I do need to practice more. Luckily for myself I constantly asked a lot of my teachers for feedback in order to understand this process better.

I am very glad you enjoyed it

edit on 8/7/13 by sevensheeps because: Spelling

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Ow and the compositions are made with particle engines and 3-D rendering software plugins I'll name a few things that I used.

Music Visualization with Trapcode Suite
Element 3D Real 3D Object Based Particles in After Effects
Optical Flares Creative Lens Flare Studio
3D Replicator Learn to use the 3D replicator to build complex particles -Video Copilot Matte Painting
Animate Pre-Fractured Objects with Element 3D -Video Copilot Move 2D layers into 3D space with floating particles
Particle Shadows, realistic shadows from a 3D Particle System
Animating a Still
Animate a camera through one surface to another below
Speed Particles
Audio to Animation
3D Camera Projection 2
3D Compositing

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by sevensheeps

It's very complex but I guess like with everything if you put some time in it (and a lot of youtube tutorials lol) you can achieve any goal you set your mind too.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Amazing, all the things you used! I can see how you could get carried away by the pretty stuff. Your work had many breathtaking images a viewer could get lost in. Telling a story is difficult in any medium, I would think Please post more as you create them.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I will my friend.

Me and my girlfriend of 6 years are going to sign a contract for our first apartment so I will be busy for a while. But after it's all done I will definitely post it to ATS. Else into a little Sci Fi story? I would love to hear your opinion.
For the worst or the better

This will the final grade that will get me into my third year if my teacher approves everything. It was a 4 step process with reports, presentations, meetings, storyboards, scriptwriting.

1 Analysis
2 Sketching
3 Realisation
4 Evaluation

Pretty interesting and life changing last semester

edit on 8/7/13 by sevensheeps because: update

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 01:26 PM
link   

The Mask in your avatar is awesome btw! The composition and the colours are beautiful
Did you design that?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sevensheeps

The Mask in your avatar is awesome btw! The composition and the colours are beautiful
Did you design that?

I agree, I can take no credit. bigfatfurrytexan made it over on Avatar Creations thread, you can click my signature and check it out.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:43 PM
link   

I will my friend.

Me and my girlfriend of 6 years are going to sign a contract for our first apartment so I will be busy for a while. But after it's all done I will definitely post it to ATS. Else into a little Sci Fi story? I would love to hear your opinion.

This will the final grade that will get me into my third year if my teacher approves everything. It was a 4 step process with reports, presentations, meetings, storyboards, scriptwriting.

1 Analysis
2 Sketching
3 Realisation
4 Evaluation

I can remember the excitement of getting into classes more related to one's interest. Good luck on the approval thing. Scifi is always popular on ats

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist

I will my friend.

1 Analysis
2 Sketching
3 Realisation
4 Evaluation

I can remember the excitement of getting into classes more related to one's interest. Good luck on the approval thing. Scifi is always popular on ats

Thanks!
I sure hope it is cause it seems kinda empty here for ats standards

I will check out the Thread.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:38 PM
link   

I see you are fighting away from something alot more visceral something raw to produce something so clean and linear, its all been done before. I hate to be the bad critic but I will say that you have lots of talent but you are trying to hard to clean it up. I truly and most honestly believe being an artist myself I see what you are trying to do here and I am urging you to let whatever that raw visceral and wild unpreturbed nature of your creativity show, so many artists lose that when doing things digital I think it is because one thing or the other my opinion in that does not matter much. I truly see what you are trying to present and it doesnt look bad or anything but I think that their is something much deeper you were intending for, for a school project I can say I get that as well as a developing artist like myself I cant help but think you are holding back. I SnF your piece and look forward to your work my friend.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brotherman

I see you are fighting away from something alot more visceral something raw to produce something so clean and linear, its all been done before. I hate to be the bad critic but I will say that you have lots of talent but you are trying to hard to clean it up. I truly and most honestly believe being an artist myself I see what you are trying to do here and I am urging you to let whatever that raw visceral and wild unpreturbed nature of your creativity show, so many artists lose that when doing things digital I think it is because one thing or the other my opinion in that does not matter much. I truly see what you are trying to present and it doesnt look bad or anything but I think that their is something much deeper you were intending for, for a school project I can say I get that as well as a developing artist like myself I cant help but think you are holding back. I SnF your piece and look forward to your work my friend.

Thank you for your honest and strait from the from the heart feedback. You are right with the holding back, I feel that there is more to the artistic heart then just the digital world. I started painting on canvas to experiment with colours and claire obscure. I love playing with contrasts and shapes, and I hope to pick this form of art up because it is so raw and powerful. I am very interested in everything art.

What do you mean that I am searching for something deeper then I was intending for?

Thank you for your interest and your S&F.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Brotherman

The funny thing is that the video is sort of a inner quest and fight for something bigger and releasing the raw inner me out there in this world. So it's cool that you ask such a relevant question

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 12:45 AM
link   

Watching your video the theme seems to be the natural destroying the contemporary meteors hitting cities digital targeting linear planes so many linear themes mixed with dramatic natural stills, its very nice but I think you were really trying to do something so much more then what you did, I am an artist myself, i often find myself looking at my videos the same way i looked at yours with frustration I see it in yours as I do with mine.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Its excellent. You should send it to Pixar and work there.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LastStarfighter

Haha thank you so much. I am going to see the people of pixar in Amsterdam this summer so it's funny that you mention it

My dream is to have my own studio that produces all kinds of animations and other multimedia productions one day. First I have to finish school and after that the world is my oyster

edit on 10/7/13 by sevensheeps because: spelling

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Brotherman

Watching your video the theme seems to be the natural destroying the contemporary meteors hitting cities digital targeting linear planes so many linear themes mixed with dramatic natural stills, its very nice but I think you were really trying to do something so much more then what you did, I am an artist myself, i often find myself looking at my videos the same way i looked at yours with frustration I see it in yours as I do with mine.

I'll take your advice to heart. Thank you for your feedback my friend. It's not about destroying it's about creating. I chase something that I have a deep desire for and in the end it doesn't destroy me it lifts me up and I embrace the light. It's about chasing your dreams and opening your heart for a better future and a better life and to be a better person.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Sorry if my responses take longer then necessary me and my girlfriend of six years have signed up for our first apartment together and I am going to receive the keys today. I am very exited

We are going to move in this month and we are very busy getting everything set up and painted and stuff.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join