It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US is defenseless.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Adaluncatif

America wouldn't use a new technology with a threat pending.

Your going to hear about failures with any new test. I wouldn't say "US is defenseless" by any means.

-SAP-

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Wrong. The United States has weapons that the public is not even aware of. I am sorry, but you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Once nukes start flying it is game over for us all, so saying one country is defenseless is a mute point.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
It doesn't really matter.

The US defence rests in the ability to obliterate from human history any other nation, in a few hours.

Other nation states wont launch an unprovoked attack sure to result in their extinction. Terror groups will, but they wont use a missile so its a moot point.

The only real threat to america is loss of social cohesion when the inevitable loss of reserve currency status of the dollar resets standards of living to realistic levels. You cant mitigate that with a missile.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

And corrupt leadership.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Not, though maybe they want to pretend this in case they "let" a missile in.

UN Report - HAARP can cause 'HEAVY NUCLEAR TYPE EXPLOSION' - 3 Apr 2011

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by cavtrooper7

Agreed. Good point.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:55 PM
link   
My brother works for Raytheon and has spent a lot of time doing R&D and field configurations for the SBX-1 sea-based phased array radar system as well as those used at Vandenberg. He flies out to Honolulu a few times a year, where it is docked, and does upgrades and maintenance on it. The SBX-1 can see a cantaloupe over 2000 miles away, it is somehow tied in to the Ballistic Missile Defense System (BMDS). He has been with the project since its start and vouches for its accuracy. I do not know what part, if any, it played in the recent goings on at Vandenberg but he was recently sent to calibrate land-based Phased Array systems up in the hills behind the base. There seem to be many redundant systems, whether as a by-product of phasing in new ones or as variety by design, that can be used for such defense. A few failures in testing do not mean the system doesn't work. You don't know if the nature of the test was to try and seek out a "stealthily designed" missile or something. Those failures may be expected, who knows. Another thing, how do we know they aren't trying to get a missile past the defenses, just in case we have to attack a country that we previously armed?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Who here can absolutely say what exactly the US has in orbit?
Our military IS NOT as incompetant as our leaders,not to mention the largest and BEST TRAINED guerrilla force ever known,and armed with FAR better small arms than any other force on earth.
We have seen an 86 year old sniper retain his skills from WWII. That is why the progs want to go after vets we are the backbone of the idea of America and they are attacking that idea.
We don't need to unify as a force to kill all that needs to be done is "Shoot and Move"
Eastern armies like to "Bum rush" en masse, praying and spraying.

Thousands of DHS agents Backed by foreign troops vs a greater force of superior combatants. Who would take THAT bet?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation

Wrong. The United States has weapons that the public is not even aware of. I am sorry, but you have absolutely no idea what you're talking about. ~$heopleNation

Yeah, America has the best weapons, and no other country has secret weapons.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   

China, nope,maybe Chems or Bio ,Russia ,hell yes. THEY took Tesla's work and ran with it too,but they want stability more than they want control.
Our allies have some high tech secrets but I'll bet we know about them.
I am under the opinion Snowden had access to a MINOR part of our world wide survailance as I had heard about ECHLON in the 90s if there is an internet connection we have it all of it ,we just can't read it all...yet.
If he had the good stuff they would have offed him.
I think it was released to cripple Obama.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 10:59 PM
link   
The US has tech we dont even know about. When a major war comes expect futurist advancements happening quickly. They have it, just no need to let everyone know yet.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by SheopleNation

I have to agree.

I think the USA and NATO in General or at least the close US Allies are sitting on some very advanced stuff.

Best defence is secrecy. How can you counter something you dont know about?

If a proper war broke out that threatend the USA mainland or its key allies I think it would be over in weeks if not days.

Why do you think Obama didnt give a crap in April when NK started threating to launch nukes? Ok they cant hit the US mainland but they could have hit Japan or South Korea and killed hundred of thousands ato millions.
edit on 16-7-2013 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by bloodreviara
I find it odd that this would lead anyone to assume we are defenseless,
this country is spending over half a trillion dollars a year on defense,
no other country on the planet spends even remotely close to what
we do. Yet somehow i continue to see people claim our military is
weak, cuts in military spending will spell doom, one project is not
going well therefore we everything must be bad.....

While i agree it would be nice to know this worked the way it was
intended to, we are far from defenseless......

USA spends more than the rest of the top 10 spenders COMBINED. It's amazing to see that people think that any cuts to military spending are unpatriotic and spell doom for the United States. Close 650 foreign bases and the military budget could be cut in half, very quickly.

And to call what the USA laughingly calls it's OFFENSIVE military budget a "Defense Department" is ludicrous. USA has NEVER been able to stop an attack on their shores using their military. They only use their military for offensive purposes.
edit on 16-7-2013 by babybunnies because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

There has been ONE attack on the US since the War of 1812 (unless you count the balloon attacks by the Japanese which no country could have stopped), and that was using methods that the military wasn't designed to stop. So yeah, tell us all about all the attacks that they couldn't stop.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   

It's odd how people discount/ignore that fact that there are so many men and women who have skills learned not just with the US military but elsewhere in the world.

One of my neighbors fought on the other side in Vietnam. Another couple of friends living in Alaska are former ROK marines... Fair to say, they may know a little somethin' somthin' about unconventional tactics.

But it's odd how they're discounted by people who should know better...

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by seagull

I just keep telling them,I think this guy has a thing about Korea when you look at his prior threads thats all I see.
I have another guy from India saying the world needs a king and talking up Russia and China who don't have enough assets to deploy in an extended fashion for ANY time.The media is fooling them all.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Russia and China? Pheh...

So many forget, assuming they ever knew, that war winning is about logistics.

"Getting there firstest, with the mostest." No one in the world has the ability to get there firstest, or even at all, other than the United States...

Like it or not as you will, that's the truth of the matter.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   
So since the system doesn't work half the time the government is going to throw another billion at it thinking it may start working better if they put more faith(money) into the system without correcting any of it's problems.
I wonder if the Russians are having a good laugh over drinks when they read this stuff.

I'm sure the system that is protecting DC is very good. It will probably divert the missiles to another big city nearby.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Hell no the Russians are afraid of our country's acts lately.Our leadership is all haywire.They want a STABLE America. Not one that jumps into conflicts and starts others.
We can't meddle in other countries anymore without CLEARLY delineated threats being identified.
And not without congressional approval as the Constitution stipulates.
Thats why we are intercepting Bears again.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join