It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Channel 6 Investigative Reporter On Michael Hastings. Police and Fire told NOT to comment

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by miner49r

I will check, should be in thread started by our late comrad Archie ;-)

Hmm I will keep looking but haven't found the one I am looking for yet, presumably this was the edited version. You guys may be able to judge wether that car was Micheal's
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 19-7-2013 by bowaconstricta because: (no reason given)

No this must be the one.. (will keep looking however)

edit on 19-7-2013 by bowaconstricta because: felt like it

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by bowaconstricta

I will check, should be in thread started by our late comrad Archie ;-)
Hmm I will keep looking but haven't found the one I am looking for yet, presumably this was the edited version. You guys may be able to judge wether that car was Micheal's
www.abovetopsecret.com...
...No this must be the one.. (will keep looking however)

Ah, how the mighty do fall around here... Maybe I'm just a wuss.
That is the short-version video that shows a vehicle (and, it is probably a/the Mercedes) passing through the light. It is certainly an edited version - so I guess we'll wait to see if you find another.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Hehe, I rather admired Archie, but hey you're a good sausage too :-)

I joined ATS when Micheal died and so am farely new to finding my way around the site and tend to get overwhelmed by the multitude of threads on the same topic..

perhaps I can try to contact LoudLabs personally? Or has someone already tried that?

edit on 19-7-2013 by bowaconstricta because: every 58th post should include the word "sausage"

Just watching this video again has me wondering if the policecar parked there at the accident was chasing Micheal's car, because 2:30 -mins seems awfully quick to be on the scene

Just my intuition level talking here..

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Apologies if this has already been posted, but it says it is the Loudlabs unedited video. It runs 24:51 minutes long. "The car" goes thru at approximately 05:45 minutes in. It looks grey to me, not black.

I'm jumping back into lurker mode, but wanted to let you know I appreciate that this topic is still going--it's important.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Olivine

Thank you Olivine! I haven't seen the full version as of yet.

I don't know if anyone has read the article I put up this morning - but I was thinking about it today. Besides the obvious "preliminary findings" there was one section in it that made me think.

Selective silencing: Was Michael Hastings murdered?

Associated with the above and contrary to public statements, it appears that the FBI, including but not limited to the U.S. Department of Justice might have played a role in directing parts of the official LAPD investigation. There is also an indication that the Department of Justice possibly sought and subsequently obtained certain records produced by the Los Angeles Police Department, the Los Angeles Fire Department, as well as documentation produced by the coroner’s office.

Could it be possible that the either the FBI or DOJ (or both) are working their own investigation into this as well? That may explain the gag order on police and fire, as well as the on going "no comment" response.

I would think that if the body was sent home (cremated) the investigation should be near to completion. Seems like an awful long time to drag out a "no foul play" case.

That being said, would kind of seem like a case of the fox guarding the hen house.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:20 PM
link   

reply to post by WanDash

...I joined ATS when Micheal died and so am farely new to finding my way around the site and tend to get overwhelmed by the multitude of threads on the same topic..
...perhaps I can try to contact LoudLabs personally? Or has someone already tried that?

edit on 19-7-2013 by bowaconstricta because: every 58th post should include the word "sausage"

Just watching this video again has me wondering if the policecar parked there at the accident was chasing Micheal's car, because 2:30 -mins seems awfully quick to be on the scene

I was not aware of the 58th post rule... Don't know why I haven't been banned, yet.

I had probably "lurked" a good 5 years before joining...but, after joining, was overwhelmed and/or intimidated, and waited another 3 or 4 years before slipping my toe in the waters... You are a long way ahead of me!
I don't know if anyone has contacted LoudLabs...but, perhaps the post below yours (by Olivine) answers your question.
As to the "policecar" - what I see is a wrecker and an ADP neighborhood security vehicle.
I think JBA2848 put a little bit of work (research) into ADP, and found that, in some neighborhoods, if they have enough customers, they are given a little more "weight" than typical alarm-responders... I may not be remembering that correctly - but, I think it was in this thread.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by miner49r
reply to post by Olivine

...I don't know if anyone has read the article I put up this morning - but I was thinking about it today....
...would kind of seem like a case of the fox guarding the hen house.

I was working on it, but got pulled away a number of times...
Good find!
Reviewing the article: Selective silencing: Was Michael Hastings murdered?
Author: Doug Hagmann
Article date: July 19, 2013

Mr. Hagmann says that he is a professional private investigator with 30 years experience, and has been involved in this matter (the death of Michael Hastings) with another investigator (based in L.A.) since three days after the events unfurled.
Mr. Hagmann claims that he and his partner-in-sleuth have agreed to keep the partner’s identity undisclosed for the time being…and thus, no-one-else to go after, or blame (yet).
IMO – there wasn’t much revealed in this article to sink our teeth into…past what we’ve already established --- OTHER THAN reams of conjecture…
Following are the excerpts I considered worthy of note for this forum…

"... it is my...opinion that his death was the direct result of research being conducted by Mr. Hastings concurrent with or at the time of his death..."

"...Investigation & research suggests that Mr. Hastings might have obtained, or arranged to obtain information pertaining to the role of a particular high-ranking officer within the U.S. military overseeing the domestic aspects of the NSA project.
"...According to information provided to this investigator, at least two agents reportedly representing the FBI contacted an associate of Michael Hastings for information related to his current and recent activities sometime between June 3rd - 7th, 2013.
"...Based on...information obtained from sources within the area of the incident, it is possible that a previously unreferenced vehicle operated by an unknown individual might have played a contributing role in this incident. The general location of that vehicle was positioned well ahead of Mr. Hasting's vehicle, and is believed to have been stopped near the intersection of Melrose..."

Why would a professional investigator go to the lengths of publishing such a piece…citing only “indication(s)” and “appearance(s)” and “opinion(s)” and “might have(s)” and “possible(s)”…?
Is he (are they) “scared” too?
Is this simply a “play” to get the word out…in case anything happens to Mr. Hagmann…too?
Surely, he’s aware that what has come to light already, regarding PRISM (etc) and the NSA…makes it highly likely that – if he really is working with a Los Angeles PI…and they’ve intended to keep their relationship & doings under the radar…chances are slim that the “secret partner” is actually a secret to the “bad guys” in this story.
Unless they’ve been dealing ONLY through snail mail, or face-to-face…his allusions to secrecy seem naïve, to me.
Hope he’s as professional as his tenure would suggest.

Almost the only information in this article that we “might” be able to do anything with (other than speculate a little more wildly than usual)…is the “possibility” of the previously unreferenced vehicle.
When he says “believed to have been stopped near the intersection of Melrose…”…do you conclude (infer) that this regards a “traffic stop” by law enforcement…or – stopped at a red light…or – stopped in one of the lanes (or pulled over to sit and wait)…?
I don’t know what to make of that… And…might be nice to know “where” that information came from (video, eye-witness, citation…).
It was an interesting article other than the points I addressed…
I also found the author’s email address (the domain) puzzling.

posted on Jul, 19 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

We think allot like
I checked the domain in his email link as well...it looks like the home of the Hagmann & Hagmann Report (I have heard of that somewhere before).

Plenty to speculate about in that "report" ... but I can say I have added both Canada Free Press and The Hagmann Report to my list of morning clicks. It will be interesting to see if there is anything else coming down the pipe.

ETA: I have no idea or clue about the second vehicle. That is one reason I went back to the red light footage. I guess we will have to wait and see if that gets a mention again in any further of his articles.
edit on 19-7-2013 by miner49r because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Thanks first to Olivine!! I could kiss you! I really started doubting I'd ever seen the unedited version. I agree with you that the car was silver and not black.

@Wandash I had lurked here a few years ago, mostly for a good giggle and had my reasons for not joining which I will u2u if interested.

As for the Hagmann article, I think I'll take it all with a grain of salt or a packet. I checked out some of the topics he and his son cover in their Hagmann & Hagmann show and it comes across as an Alex Jones wannabe site.
The tenure of the piece I feel is misleading but interesting nonetheless,so thanks for posting.

edit on 20-7-2013 by bowaconstricta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by bowaconstricta

Granted at first look it would seem as if the Hagmann & Hagmann report was possibly an Alex Jones Wanna be. Looking further into who these two individual are is a little more telling.

Alex - Has made a career in journalistic theatrics. Looking back over his career the two words that come to mind are checkered and colorful.

Hagmann - Holds several degrees in business and administration, and is also a multi-state licensed Private Investigator. He is co-founder of Hagman Investigative services, inc
which specialize in the type of investigative work that would be required for this case.

Of the two, ... I would say that Hagmann would be perhaps more credible. Although both Hagmanns and Jone's subject matter may be similar - it's the presentation and dramatization which separates the two.

I read a number of articles on the Hagmann & Hagmann site as well. I found them to pointed and accurate in their substance. Fact checking and proof checking are always required when dealing with articles of this nature. The subject matter may seem outlandish - but hey that's where the world is at. Often times we tend to discredit and ignore that which is overwhelming simply because we can't accept it - it blows our paradigm of the world around us.

Given that Hagmann Invesitgative Inc. (Erie, PA) is located a mere three hours from where the memorial service took place, I am not surprised if the family enlisted their service. Past reports did indicate that the family had hired a private investigator to look into the matter further.

Disclaimer: I left following Alex Jones several years ago when he claimed CFL light bulbs were a gov. spy tool and had mind control built into them.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

reply to post by bowaconstricta

...Granted at first look it would seem as if the Hagmann & Hagmann report was possibly an Alex Jones Wanna be. Looking further into who these two individual are is a little more telling.
...Hagmann - Holds several degrees in business and administration, and is also a multi-state licensed Private Investigator. He is co-founder of Hagman Investigative services, inc which specialize in the type of investigative work that would be required for this case.
...Of the two, ... I would say that Hagmann would be perhaps more credible. Although both Hagmanns and Jone's subject matter may be similar - it's the presentation and dramatization which separates the two.
...I read a number of articles on the Hagmann & Hagmann site as well. I found them to pointed and accurate in their substance. Fact checking and proof checking are always required when dealing with articles of this nature. The subject matter may seem outlandish - but hey that's where the world is at. Often times we tend to discredit and ignore that which is overwhelming simply because we can't accept it - it blows our paradigm of the world around us.
...Given that Hagmann Invesitgative Inc. (Erie, PA) is located a mere three hours from where the memorial service took place, I am not surprised if the family enlisted their service. Past reports did indicate that the family had hired a private investigator to look into the matter further.
...Disclaimer: I left following Alex Jones several years ago when he claimed CFL light bulbs were a gov. spy tool and had mind control built into them.

Thanks a lot!
Who's controlling my mind, then...?
Pic's or it didn't happen.
I mean - deny ignorance.
Uhhh - you're a shill.
... Seem to be stuck in a loop, right now -- you're trying to destroy my paradigm.
Love that word - "paradigm".

Off topic -- thanks for looking further into Hagmann(s).
I would probably just have waited to see if anything more telling came in subsequent articles or...news.
Erie, PA -- you think that's why the article was published by Canada Free Press?

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

reply to post by WanDash

...I checked the domain in his email link as well...it looks like the home of the Hagmann & Hagmann Report (I have heard of that somewhere before).

You might be thinking of "I Dream of Jeannie" or "Dallas" (J.R. Ewing).
I always wanted a genie...like he had.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

Comment Removed due to NSA Censoring

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Actually, I do still watch Adam 12, Emergency 51, The Rifleman, Bewitched, I Dream of Genie, and M.A.S.H. - although I am not so fond of Dallas.

Confused?...I don't think so.

We know from past reports a private investigator was hired. Why is it so difficult for people to accept the "report" er article may be genuine. Because it based upon a wild and outlandish conspiracy site?

This leaves me with grave concern for the quality and direction this ATS investigation has turned. Previous reports were sifted and applied to the model for substance, clues, and possible evidence...then duly dismissed. if "bad reporting" was involved.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:15 PM
link   

reply to post by WanDash

...Actually, I do still watch Adam 12, Emergency 51, The Rifleman, Bewitched, I Dream of Genie, and M.A.S.H. - although I am not so fond of Dallas.
...Confused?...I don't think so.

...We know from past reports a private investigator was hired. Why is it so difficult for people to accept the "report" er article may be genuine. Because it based upon a wild and outlandish conspiracy site?
...This leaves me with grave concern for the quality and direction this ATS investigation has turned. Previous reports were sifted and applied to the model for substance, clues, and possible evidence...then duly dismissed. if "bad reporting" was involved.

Could be... I was just playing.
I found the article interesting, and even derived some hope from the possibility that someone-else with the resources and wherewithal to do it...might press for information we (forum detectives) are unable to get.
My questioning of the "approximations" in the report was the same as I think we've been doing throughout - which was...addressing both sides of the coin - Were they (the approximations) hedging because they've really uncovered nothing...or was it all designed to simply get the news out that they are onto something - as a modicum of a shield?
One would surely wonder at "how" a vehicle stopped at the intersection of Melrose & North Highland could be involved... My guess would be - "remote control"... And, while that is what I've considered the most likely possibility of "foul play" all along - sooo many more pieces/factors would have to fall into place (or have been placed there in setup) for the ultimate end to have taken place.

To your take on - "this might be the private investigator hired by the family"...that was mine, too.

I'm guessing that you know - people on this site have strong slants/opinions on "sources" of every kind. Mention Sitchin, Majestic 12, Hancock, Alex Jones...and a long list of others...and you'll be sure to get "once I saw the source, I was through reading".
I just read a 14-part series on the staged-actor theory of the Boston Marathon Bombings.
Much easier to debunk it by labeling it as a "preposterous" concept...(or other "peripheral" reasons)...but - I've seen no-one actually deal (in attempt to debunk) with the facts presented.

I never watched Dallas either.
edit on 7/20/2013 by WanDash because: just completing a thought

edit on 7/20/2013 by WanDash because: replace phrase with word

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:37 PM
link   
How did you know I watch I Dream of Genie ....(Places a suspicious eyeball on member WanDash - transitions to lurker mode)

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 05:46 PM
link   

reply to post by WanDash

Hehe, I rather admired Archie, but hey you're a good sausage too :-)

I joined ATS when Micheal died and so am farely new to finding my way around the site and tend to get overwhelmed by the multitude of threads on the same topic..

perhaps I can try to contact LoudLabs personally? Or has someone already tried that?

Southern California is very densely populated, police response times are quite good at 4 a.m..

As far as the video, that's a silver Mercedes, so if they're saying his car was black it's not him. My wife drove a silver E320 for years before moving up to an S a few years ago, I'm familiar with Mercedes colors.

posted on Jul, 20 2013 @ 06:10 PM
link   

How did you know I watch I Dream of Genie ....(Places a suspicious eyeball on member WanDash - transitions to lurker mode)

A wild-eyed guess... Yeah... It was a lucky guess.

Going beneath the radar...are ya? Okie-dokie.
Well - if your Hagmann & Hagmann feed brings any new info...hope you'll emerge long enough to give us a tip.

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   

I had meant to comment on the "Selective silencing" article way earlier but got distracted by some other stuff. For me the most interesting part is this:

it appears that Mr. Hastings made multiple contacts with sources directly associated with the illegal NSA domestic spying program, and either recently acquired materials and/or information about the extent of, the targets of, and the recipients of the information of domestic spying program. It is speculated that the latter information was of particular concern to as yet unidentified individuals holding positions of authority within the U.S. Department of Defense and their subcontractors, as well as certain parties within the Executive branch of the United States government. Investigation and research suggests that Mr. Hastings might have obtained, or arranged to obtain information pertaining to the role of a particular high-ranking officer within the U.S. military overseeing the domestic aspects of the NSA project.

Additionally and relevant to the circumstances surrounding his death, I believe that Michael Hastings knew, or had reason to know, that he was under both investigation and surveillance of the FBI as well as the NSA at the time of his death. According to information provided to this investigator, at least two agents reportedly representing the FBI contacted an associate of Michael Hastings for information related to his current and recent activities sometime between June 3rd - 7th, 2013.

This of course ties in nicely with my feeling that Hastings disappearence is tied to the Snowden leaks via the NSA. A feeling, that if I am right is shared by Buzzfeed as expressed through the requirements for their Hastings fellowship (see link in my current signature)
edit on 21-7-2013 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by WanDash

Notes from Death of Rolling Stone “Muckracker”: The Michael Hastings Wreck–Video Evidence Only Deepens the Mystery
Author - Michael Krikorian (and David J. Krajicek)

...At about 195 feet from the camera, the car jumps the curb of the center median, heading toward a palm tree 56 feet away.

"About halfway between the curb and the tree, the car hits a metal protrusion - perhaps 30 inches tall and 2 feet wide - that gives access to city water mains below. This is where the first small flash occurs. This pipe may have damaged the undercarriage of the car, perhaps rupturing a fuel line...
"...A second flash immediately follows the first. It might be the brake lights, but it's hard to tell. The next frame is dark. Then comes the first explosion, followed immediately by a large fireball..."

Just wanted to address the following, before it completely leaves my mind.
Hoping any "experts" reading will be able to chime-in and set my questions to rest, or help to qualify said questions, better.

The vehicle was travelling at high rate of speed -- estimated between 80+ mph and 130 mph...
Jumps the curb with no visible sign of brake lights...
About halfway from the curb-jumping-point and the fateful tree (which we might deduce, would have reduced the momentum, at least, slightly), hits the metal utility box covering the city water main works, below...which causes a "flash" in the security camera's recording.
The author speculated that this flash might have been evidence of the fuel line being ruptured.
A second "flash" immediately followed the first...
The author speculated that this might have been brake lights "but it's hard to tell".
56 feet later, is "the first explosion, followed immediately by a large fireball"...
My question/s:
My general knowledge of "gasoline-related fire/s" requires either an accumulation of "gaseous fumes", or (possibly) that the temperature of the gasoline (fuel) be elevated considerably. I have seen many instances where a lit cigarette was tossed onto a pool/container of gasoline...and nothing happened (except that the cigarette was extinguished).
With the vehicle travelling at a high rate of speed...even after its 195 feet on the median, and collision with the utility cover...would there have been a chance that sufficient "fumes" could have accumulated to facilitate the affects described upon impact with the tree? (explosion followed by fireball)
Is there a better (more appropriate) set of factors to consider...that works with the "facts" described above?
Your help/assistance if appreciated!
edit on 7/21/2013 by WanDash because: correcting footage to relative distance

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19 >>

join