It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Channel 6 Investigative Reporter On Michael Hastings. Police and Fire told NOT to comment

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

I think the side view mirror being folded forward is simply a product of the kinetic energy involved in the impact.

I could be possible He folded his mirror for a narrow parking spot. Being a Mercedes I am sure it had power mirrors....probably power everything.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
This is one of the most obvious assassinations I've seen. Unreal that most people couldn't care less. Obama could have blasted a hole in this dude's head on live TV and the public would still convince themselves there was "no foul play". At this point you'd have to say the public deserves what's coming for them.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by miner49r
reply to post by WanDash

...I think the side view mirror being folded forward is simply a product of the kinetic energy involved in the impact.

That's probably the most sensible explanation.
Thanks.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by OMsk3ptic
This is one of the most obvious assassinations I've seen. Unreal that most people couldn't care less. Obama could have blasted a hole in this dude's head on live TV and the public would still convince themselves there was "no foul play". At this point you'd have to say the public deserves what's coming for them.

Just keep your eyes on the prize... Right?
Just ignore all the noise and commotion around...unless the government &/or media sanctions & urges your concern...and...keep that American Dream alive & kicking.
If Obama blasted a hole in his head on live TV...the public would (as you say) convince themselves either that he absolutely deserved it...or..."it must be a stunt"...and keep skipping and whistling their merry ways to oblivion.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

N.H.T.S.A. Investigates Mercedes C-Class for Potential Electrical Problems
news link
July 15, 2013, 10:51 am

Houston chronicle no author claims found on NHTSA website, go there and see if you can find it.
Houston chronicle

The problem hasn't caused any injuries. It normally happens in either the left or right brake or tail lights, but in some cases both sides have failed to work, NHTSA said in documents posted Monday on its website. The agency said it opened the investigation on July 11.

By David Undercoffler July 15, 2013, 12:47 p.m.

He wrote a few

Report Date: December 11, 2012 at 01:30 PM NHTSA Campaign ID number: 12V557000 Vehicle Make / Model: Model Year(s): MERCEDES / GLK350 2011-2012 MERCEDES BENZ / C300 2011-2012 MERCEDES BENZ / CL550 2011-2012 MERCEDES BENZ / CL63 2011-2012 MERCEDES BENZ / E350 2011-2012 MERCEDES BENZ / S400 2011-2012 MERCEDES BENZ / S550 2011-2012 MERCEDES BENZ / S63 2011-2012 Manufacturer: Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC. Report Receipt Date: DEC 03, 2012 NHTSA CAMPAIGN ID Number: 12V557000 NHTSA Action Number: N/A Component: FUEL SYSTEM, GASOLINE Potential Number of Units Affected: 5,800

Lets dig up an old story to put some heat on Mercedes?

So you need to be sure Mercedes doesn't cause you any grief how about destroying them with a big recall?
We could dig into who, what, where, when and why on this story by itself will put labels on some players?
edit on 16-7-2013 by donlashway because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by donlashway
reply to post by GrantedBail

N.H.T.S.A. Investigates Mercedes C-Class for Potential Electrical Problems

...Lets dig up an old story to put some heat on Mercedes?
...So you need to be sure Mercedes doesn't cause you any grief how about destroying them with a big recall?
We could dig into who, what, where, when and why on this story by itself will put labels on some players?

You may be onto something with the your last lines...
As to the information in the links you provided...

From "news link" link...
Appears to be same story as in the "He wrote a few" link, addressed, below...regarding the same issue...on the same models, from 2008 & 2009...

"more news links" seems to be a "broken" link...returns an error page.

"maybe the first one" has no url posted in it... Maybe that was your intent. Otherwise, don't know what I should be looking at.

From the "He wrote a few" link...
Regards 2008 & 2009 models (20-something complaints filed by Mercedes owners...)
None of the models match the model he was reportedly driving.
The tail lights are working in the video of the car running the red light.

The reports I've read, state that the vehicle Hastings was driving, was a 2013 model, C__ 250. I have seen "CLK", and also, "C-Class". However, going through the Mercedes site/s...I have not seen a "CLK" among the list of available distinctions.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Was editing as I found more, think links are working now.
No NHTSA story on July 11,13, just old story.
Made up news, to put pressure on Mercedes, or let public "know" there's issues?
This is how it's done, make up enough garbage, confuse the issues and make everyone move on feeling safe.

People will not read further than the headline Mercedes being investigated over fire. Then you'll hear, "oh yea I read Mercedes explosions and fires". end of story....

Who would look deeper find it's a 6 month old story about taillights?

If it was just an everyday accident you don't need to have a ongoing attempt to cover it up and confuse the public...

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Here is the N.H.T.S.A page for the 2013 Mercedes-Benz C-250. It covers recalls, investigations, complaints, and service bulletins

2013 MERCEDES BENZ C250

0 - Recalls
0 - Investigations
5 - Complaints
6 - Service Bulletins

It appears that link may not work to get to the exact page..

Instead go to .safercar.gov and search for recalls.
edit on 16-7-2013 by miner49r because: (no reason given)

ETA:
Lets keep an eye on Joe Biggs. He is headed to LA for some answers.

Twitter - Rambo Biggs

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by miner49r

I found an interesting article and video. I didn't watch the video yet. I just wanted to post this up first. Unfortunately it is Alex Jones.

Michael Hastings Body Cremated, Now Missing!

Link

The info is attributed to Biggs.

I am not sure about this website. FWIW

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by GrantedBail
reply to post by miner49r

...I found an interesting article and video. I didn't watch the video yet. I just wanted to post this up first. Unfortunately it is Alex Jones.

I've watched most of the video...(dated 7/11/2013)
A couple of facts were clarified (that were also in the RT video)...as follows:
- Body "went missing"...but, that seems clarified by "the body was cremated"... No confirmation from the family if/that they did or did not want this (cremation)...
- LAPD had been by Hastings' house a couple/few days prior to the accident.
- He (Hastings) had been seen looking under his car within the last two (or few) days of his life.

A couple of observations...regarding the LAPD-to-his-house and looking-under-the-car question/s...
Question - where did you get the information that the LAPD had been to his house, and that he'd been seen looking under this car...?
-- Biggs looked down to the right as the question was being asked, then to the left, when composing the answer...
-- according to "accepted" body language experts...
--- down to the right is supposed to be = remembered feeling
--- to the left is supposed to be = remembered
So - if those interpretations are generally true...it looks like at least Sgt. Biggs is being honest (didn't make this up to exaggerate the story).

Alex Jones offered to go to LA with Biggs...to try and press the issue (discovery/investigation) further if "the family" would accept the offer (more like - if they'll give me authorization to act on their behalf... I think).

Will have to resume listening to the remainder of the interview later...and will return if anything more (of substance) is derived.
Thanks for the info!

edit on 7/16/2013 by WanDash because: forgot the question

edit on 7/16/2013 by WanDash because: close italic loop

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by donlashway
reply to post by WanDash

...People will not read further than the headline Mercedes being investigated over fire. Then you'll hear, "oh yea I read Mercedes explosions and fires". end of story....
...Who would look deeper find it's a 6 month old story about taillights?
...If it was just an everyday accident you don't need to have a ongoing attempt to cover it up and confuse the public...

It's enough to drive a sane person crazy.
But - how would I know? (I'm already crazy.)
It seems like everyone wants to distance themselves from "conspiracy theorists"...as if they're not one too.
Even on this site - virtually EVERYONE is here because of something they believe...that is other than "the official story"...but they (the same people that have their own particular odd-theory on a particular topic) point every finger they can find (on both hands and feet) at almost EVERYONE-ELSE here, for their "odd" beliefs (& crazy theories).
Anyway - if it isn't apparent that I agree with your statements...I'll just say it... I agree!

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Fingers on the feet??....Ewww ... that is kinda creepy (hybrids...Simians??)

I agree. with the finger and toe pointing. I have really enjoyed this thread....good people here.
With that said, I don't think it will be long before the police report comes out.

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   

reply to post by WanDash

...Fingers on the feet??....Ewww ... that is kinda creepy (hybrids...Simians??)

Absolutely -- Gotta get 'em where you can find 'em...in a pinch.

I agree. with the finger and toe pointing. I have really enjoyed this thread....good people here.
With that said, I don't think it will be long before the police report comes out.

Thanks for the pic'... Looks like gramma.
You are right - good people, here.
What do you think will be in the report?
Are you willing to offer the congealing-idea you've alluded to in previous posts...or would you rather wait?

posted on Jul, 16 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Could I give a congealing idea?
I could, but we still have the "official report to pour over.
Although I am sure we all have come to some form of conclusion by this point.

Never the less, I doubt the police report will implicate any kind of skulduggery.
Should it....the LAPD would be opening a huge can of worms (would they really do that?).
A further toxicology and forensic investigation is really out of the question due the cremation.

However, I really do hope Joe Biggs continues his quest and stays safe in the process.
A look at his Twitter feed it looks like he is committed to finding the truth no matter what.
Yes, I think there is more to be known, we should be following Joe - good friend to have.
Some things just don't fit and it seems like Joe as well as others are at least trying.
Taking into account Hastings habits and traits it would was of character for Him.
All things taken into consideration, those closest to Him would seem to say so as well.
Certain things just don't fit...and I hope the media stays on it. This isn't over yet I feel.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by MindBodySpiritComplex

According to SSgt. Biggs, “Michael Hastings’ body was returned to Vermont in an urn.” He further alleged, “Family members did not want Michael’s body cremated.”

It now would seem that Biggs feels misquoted:

and a longer exchange from SSG Joe Biggs twitter status

He also seems to have deleted his retweet of Asher Woolf re Lightsquared - at least I can't find it anymore now.

@ WanDash re swapped cars - speculation on my part based on something I read (on ATS?) of a case some years back where some secret service (MI5?) "cloned" and bugged somebodies car including details like bits of trash and stains. In that case if I remember right just to spy on the victim, not to kill him.

Are you saying that Snowden was actively engaged in looking for information...and it wasn't a matter of merely "working there...and stumbling across the data"?

No, though I would not exclude that scenario either. I just think somebody felt Hastings already possessed information that combined with whatever Snowden has would give proof to somethiong very threatening to somebody if published. And seeing Hastings basically declaring war on the government (May 20) and finishing his last article (Jun 7) - which was based on the NSA leaks - with the sentence "Perhaps more information will soon be forthcoming." The subject line of (one of his) last(?) email:

FBI investigation, re: NSA

Well that must have led "them" to believe he would indeed go public with his story - no matter how damaging it would be.

@miner49r

Fine, ... no software for you then

that's harsh

Your idea that Hastings may have been on his way to a closeby foreign consulate - it keeps occupying my mind...

The GQ thing - yeah, absolutely on purpose. It may simply have been a harmless humorous insider reference, but in the context... you are right to give it some attention!

re Joe Biggs being headed to LA for some answers - got a screenshot? Can't find it.

Alex Jones offered to go to LA with Biggs

Interesting, can't stand his style and usually get too annoyed to keep listening but he does dig up some good stuff occasionally.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MindBodySpiritComplex

According to SSgt. Biggs, “Michael Hastings’ body was returned to Vermont in an urn.” He further alleged, “Family members did not want Michael’s body cremated.”

...It now would seem that Biggs feels misquoted:
He also seems to have deleted his retweet of Asher Woolf re Lightsquared - at least I can't find it anymore now.
@ WanDash re swapped cars - speculation on my part based on something I read (on ATS?) of a case some years back where some secret service (MI5?) "cloned" and bugged somebodies car including details like bits of trash and stains. In that case if I remember right just to spy on the victim, not to kill him.
re Joe Biggs being headed to LA for some answers - got a screenshot? Can't find it.

Alex Jones offered to go to LA with Biggs

What are you getting from Biggs feeling misquoted?
I know what he said in the RT interview... I know what he said in the first Alex Jones interview...
Is he feeling misquoted about the "missing body", or about the family not wanting the body cremated...or - what?
He's probably not a real good candidate for video interviews. Notice how he's constantly fidgeting and his body looks like it's on an increasing dose of adrenaline... I have done the same thing in similar situations...and - I'm not a good candidate, either.
I would just like to know 'what' he's said that he feels is not being represented correctly.

I had read about the "swapped cars" previously, as well... Just didn't know if you were referring to something in this storyline that I was overlooking.

I don't know that Biggs & Alex Jones came to any agreement or arrangements for going to LA -- seemed that AJ left it "open" for the family (of Michael Hastings) to give him their blessings (if that's all). Biggs was 'like' - "Bring it on -- sounds like fun."
I have only listened to AJ on a few occasions when someone posted a link... I'm not that familiar with him. Seems a lot like Rush Limbaugh in that he's pretty dynamic, speaks well, is intelligent enough and quick-witted enough to handle both radio and video broadcast... Can't say much more in any other regard, though.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
@ MindBody...apology is due.

Hey I didn't mean to be harsh...I was joking. My apologies if it came across that way. One of the great things about this thread is there (for now) seems to none of the typical garbage we see so much of on here. I count you, and please count yourself among the "good people" here on this thread.

Yeah, I am still holding the consulate idea as plausible as well. In the last interview with Alex that was posted Biggs confirmed Hastings spoke with His attorney and confirmed it was not the wikkileaks attorney. But,...we know from Robinson's tweet He/She were in contact the week previous. Could it have been enough to gain Him safe-haven in a foreign Consulate.... possibly.

@ WanDash

I wanted to bring up something I noticed regarding Joe Biggs. In the last interview with Aex that posted by Granted Bail there was a change in his demeanor. WanDash noted his body language as being concurrent with speaking the truth. What I noticed is he looks like he is becoming increasingly more "nervous" compared to other interviews he has done in the past.

I am not sure if He was uncomfortable with Alex on this go around, didn't want to say "too much" ... or has realized He may well be in the same deep end of the pool that Hastings was just before his demise.

In other events, I don't' mean to back track the thread but I have found another article on the crash it's self.

I came across this article in Global Research out of Canada. It seems there may be more possible information concerning the moments before the crash that supports our previous accident investigation. In addition, the reporter tries to get some info early on from the LAPD.

Death of Rolling Stone “Muckracker”: The Michael Hastings Wreck–Video Evidence Only Deepens the Mystery
(Please note there is no video in this article. The article is a great read though.)

That dang pesky gusher is finally solved!! (at least to my satisfaction). Seems the Utility cover Pictured here in the street view Bing photos was indeed there that night.

One thing does raise a question for me though. It seems off the record there was talk that someone got him... but they do not commence a formal investigation into possible homicide.

I know I am in the "foul play camp"...but I do still entertain two other possible scenarios for the crash. One that would totally discredit any further investigation and one that would still raise a few questions but not as greatly.

I'm still not 100% sold... I'm only about 75% concluded.

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindBodySpiritComplex

Apparently, a member of Michael Hastings' family signed-up for the opportunity to respond to the allegations put forth in another thread (regarding cremation, etc...).
www.abovetopsecret.com...
They state that "Michael was not cremated against family wishes or without consent", and further state that SSgt Biggs (to their knowledge) was not a close friend/confidant of Michael's...but was a "supportive friend".

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

...I wanted to bring up something I noticed regarding Joe Biggs. In the last interview with Aex that posted by Granted Bail there was a change in his demeanor. WanDash noted his body language as being concurrent with speaking the truth. What I noticed is he looks like he is becoming increasingly more "nervous" compared to other interviews he has done in the past.
...I am not sure if He was uncomfortable with Alex on this go around, didn't want to say "too much" ... or has realized He may well be in the same deep end of the pool that Hastings was just before his demise.

I don't know, either. There is an adrenaline rush that goes with "knowing you might be sticking your bare feet into crocodile-infested waters"... It may be a lot like the "rush" of combat situations...(I wouldn't know). He was visibly "pulsing" - kind of like "shaking" but more rhythmic (if you get my drift).
"Nervous" may be as good a translation as any.

In other events, I don't' mean to back track the thread but I have found another article on the crash it's self.
...I came across this article in Global Research out of Canada. It seems there may be more possible information concerning the moments before the crash that supports our previous accident investigation. In addition, the reporter tries to get some info early on from the LAPD.
...It seems off the record there was talk that someone got him... but they do not commence a formal investigation into possible homicide.
I know I am in the "foul play camp"...but I do still entertain two other possible scenarios for the crash. One that would totally discredit any further investigation and one that would still raise a few questions but not as greatly.

Thanks for the article... It was good to see from another perspective.
As was noted in various ways and from various people/angles - "a lot of things had to go right/wrong for the results to be what they were". The same discreditation applies to "asleep at the wheel" and "driving recklessly", as "car-hacking". As we've mentioned before -- If it was an attempt at suicide...a wreck at any of those intersections, at lower speeds, might have resulted in him surviving.

Would especially like to hear/consider your "scenario" that would "totally discredit any further investigation"...

posted on Jul, 17 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Not at this time. I suspicion the LAPD may very well do it for me when they release their findings. While there is no further ability to question toxicology reports, the controversy will then come down to are they accurate or are they not. Either way it seems the LAPD has maneuvered it's self into a position of having the final word - case closed as far as they are concerned.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join