It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Channel 6 Investigative Reporter On Michael Hastings. Police and Fire told NOT to comment

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

I am still nosing around. There is still the police report to go over... that should be interesting. When the time comes I would really like to have the actual release to look at.

While the Mbrace/Rc theory would hold up, Boncho was right in that there is a possibility of other players. Given the timing of the incident who would everyone be pointing the finger at. In actuality, it would be perfect timing for the near perfect crime so to speak.

If there is interest in the Mbrace/Rc possibility, I can post up the link again and a summary (reading that paper made my eyes bleed
)

I'm off to read and sift the 2nd witness account and see if there is possibly anything there.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by miner49r
reply to post by WanDash

...I am still nosing around. There is still the police report to go over... that should be interesting. When the time comes I would really like to have the actual release to look at.
...While the Mbrace/Rc theory would hold up, Boncho was right in that there is a possibility of other players. Given the timing of the incident who would everyone be pointing the finger at. In actuality, it would be perfect timing for the near perfect crime so to speak.
...If there is interest in the Mbrace/Rc possibility, I can post up the link again and a summary (reading that paper made my eyes bleed
)
...I'm off to read and sift the 2nd witness account and see if there is possibly anything there.

I am very interested in your summary - can't help your eyes...but...might also consider reading the paper.
When you say "2nd witness"...are you referring to the guy who was sitting at Santa Monica when the Mercedes blew past (like a freight train)?

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Boncho,

Maybe most often we don't agree. My views and theories may seem somewhat outlandish not to mention speculative and presumptuous. I honestly think that maybe I want to be more inclined to believe that the answer is Not murder but rather something a little more logically explainable.

Now, having said that .. . .. ... I have to completely agree with you.

This whole mess has been Overwhelmingly Tainted by those "Nutty CTers". The waters have been muddied and the facts have been convoluted. It is so funny to hear someone use facts out of context in regards to the murder theory. What really pi$$es me off the most is that those damn "Nutty CTers" are using incidental facts to form their conclusion.

1 - He sent and email to colleagues
2 - He sent an email to a lawyer
3 - He said that he had to go off the radar
4 - He crashed his car and the flames were really hot

There is absolutely nothing conclusive about any of that.

I also have to agree Whole Heartedly that only Human Arrogance might conclude that it was an alphabet agency that committed murder. After all you are right, he did in fact burn some pretty serious people and did have several death threats. So from now on I will term those "possible" murderous sons a br itches an "Entity". I think that everyone is inclined to believe that the alphabet soup did it because they can go in and change all of the records and clean up all of the evidence as well as put a strong arm on anyone who may oppose them.

At this point I am trying to bite my tongue but I can't help myself. I still do not think he was murdered.

But,. . . Let's say it is possible that he was murdered. In that event, regardless of anything, There Will Be Clues, There Will Be Evidence, There Will Be Tell Tale Signs. It might be something that is not obvious. It might be something that takes years or even longer to find.

Incidentally, I think that in the end, regardless of what the outcome may be, most will not ever believe it even if there is substantial evidence and facts to show that it was either mechanical or operator error that caused his demise.

On a closing note I must admit that you put up a pretty damn decent argument. It would be equivocal to a Damn Greek Tragedy if I had always found myself on the opposite side of the fence from you.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

I am not totally convinced of the account. It does sound like he was there I was hoping to try and derive a sense of time from the red light to the impact. It doesn't sound like much. When I was on my consulate search I did find a fire station to the south, but the trucks rolled up from the wrong direction. It is possible there may be another station with Melrose ave. being the logical access route to the scene.

Witness: Hastings’ speeding car ‘shook my car like a freight truck going by’

Comprehensive Experimental Analyses of Automotive Attack Surfaces

There is no date on the paper, but the .PDF properties indicate it was created on June 7 ,2011

For a quick start take a look at Tables 1&2

Sections 3.1 - 4.4 and 5 give the technical overview and findings of the different access methods. The rest of the paper is enlightening as well. Once figured out and with the correct hardware it would seem pretty easy for a programmer to force access.

Give it a read over and let me know what you think. It was particularly interesting to note they could even record conversations from inside the vehicle.

ETA:

Solved where the fire engines responded from. Station 52 - 4957 Melrose ave. approx 1 3/4 miles from the scene.
edit on 12-7-2013 by miner49r because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-7-2013 by miner49r because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:35 PM
link   
If I remember it correctly Mercedes uses drive by wire steering controls now.

It would be easy to remote control this car.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Thanks AGW
That would be definitely be something to check into....considering the whitepaper above....hmmmm

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by GrantedBail

RT picked up on the Channel 6 report and did a 15 min segment:

Published on Jul 12, 2013 Abby Martin takes a closer look at the death of award winning journalist Michael Hastings, featuring interviews with Michael's close friend, Joe Biggs, who suspects his death was not an accident, and Kimberly Dvorak, an investigative journalist who has been conducting an investigation into the anomalies despite stonewalling from the LAPD.

This is starting to build some momentum - I think we are going to see some fresh Hastings conspiracy denials from the mainstream media soon!
edit on 13-7-2013 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

Three screenshots from the video that tell the short version of the story:

edit on 13-7-2013 by MindBodySpiritComplex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Thank you MindBody for posting that up

It is good to see that this story is still getting coverage and hopefully "will not go quietly into the night"

I am still a little concerned about the "Engine was behind the car" statement. It still is being reported. I can't help but to still question Loud Labs video and the mysterious "Gusher"/hydrant/water main. Along with WanDash noted the passengers side view mirror was turned in, and there is large dent on the passenger side rear quarter panel.

What I am questioning is... could he have been traveling South bound in the North bound lane, crossed over the median, struck the tree and settled on the South bound side. While the location of the engine would be very hard to explain under such a scenario.... we do know that there have a few poorly photoshopped photos of the scene. Is it possible the engine location was photoshopped as well.

I am going to think a bit about actually contacting Kimberly Dvorak by email....since she has actually viewed the scene. I would like to ask her a few questions....that is if she will even reply to me.

Large

edit on 13-7-2013 by miner49r because: (no reason given)

ETA:

Emailed Ms.Dvorak....looking over my shoulder in ....4...3...2...1......

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Thank you MindBody for posting that up

...It is good to see that this story is still getting coverage and hopefully "will not go quietly into the night"
...I am still a little concerned about the "Engine was behind the car" statement. It still is being reported. I can't help but to still question Loud Labs video and the mysterious "Gusher"/hydrant/water main. Along with WanDash noted the passengers side view mirror was turned in, and there is large dent on the passenger side rear quarter panel.
...What I am questioning is... could he have been traveling South bound in the North bound lane, crossed over the median, struck the tree and settled on the South bound side. While the location of the engine would be very hard to explain under such a scenario.... we do know that there have a few poorly photoshopped photos of the scene. Is it possible the engine location was photoshopped as well.
ETA:
...Emailed Ms.Dvorak....looking over my shoulder in ....4...3...2...1......

Any helicopters flying over yet?

I have no doubt that she (Kimberly Dvorak) has simply gotten one of those "brain farts" stuck in her head...and so much of what she's deduced since then was built around it...and, to her it's an important piece of the puzzle no-one-else has picked up on...and so she's failed to verify it...and...keeps running with the story.

Sadly - while other things she might uncover or deduce might be worth considering - it is difficult to listen to someone on all counts, once it's apparent that their investigative integrity is questionable, at best.

I was interested in some of what the "friend" (Biggs) had to say.
"Anonymous email" is questionable...but, there would/should be evidence if, indeed, the LAPD was "out to his house, prior"...and if he was seen looking under his car.

As to the possibility that he was travelling south in the north-bound lane...the odds grow slimmer that he would have even made it to Melrose Place... But - it is something to consider.

ETA: Didn't mean to hit "reply"... As to the possibility that the Loud Labs video (especially the footage of the engine/tranny sitting near the corner of Clinton & N. Highland)...they would have to have been "in on a cover-up" as well...very early (by sometime the day of the accident)...and their editing skills would need to be Outstanding (imo) to get the end product, so quickly.
edit on 7/13/2013 by WanDash because: Mistaken reply

ETA2: The "time of day" that LAPD was supposedly at Hastings' house, would be important, as well as "when" (the time of day) he was seen "looking under his car". The fact that Hastings' had just sent an "out of character" email to his friend (among others) saying he was going off radar...then not answering when the friend called him back...and then did not respond to the text-requests from the friend...kinda suggest that he was, at least, ACTING like he was already "off radar". So - I don't see the LAPD to his house "after the email"...or him at the house, looking under his car "after the email".
edit on 7/13/2013 by WanDash because: More to do about the RT interview.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Nope no choppers yet...but I will not be going out after dark for a while to come.

I highly doubt she will reply to me. She is a big time independent investigative reporter. I enquired as to skid marks, curb damage and as to whether it was observed in the North bound lane or South bound lane.

gusher....gusher....that dang gusher...

Taking another drive drive down N. Highland Ave. this morning...there was plenty of time and room for him to cross over into the North bound lane. Why?....There may have been an obstruction (car/ped) in his path causing him to swerve into the N. bound lane. Assuming it was a "stuck accelerator" that is.

The gusher is tell tale in that ....center of the median it lays more to the side of theNorth bound lane, yet it had been ran over or otherwise molested in the crash.

I know, I know... the engine.....take a really close street view from the North bound lane. draw a line of approach that includes where the gusher lays.....He tags the double palms (mirror/right side dent], mows over the gusher, hits the palm with the right from quarter of the car. Since the engine didn't magically pop out on the millisecond of impact, but rather as the palm ate the front end during the "spin" process.

One might say "wouldn't the engine then be on the other side of the street?" ....possibly...but and here is the interesting part... what if the engine clipped the next palm down the row (bank shot) to it's resting place on the corner.... everything looks like it was behind the point of accident.

Take a drive both South bound...and the wrong way down the North bound lane...

Why would this be important? .... if His accelerator was "stuck".... he was trying to miss and avoid taking anyone else out with Him.

ETA:
I know it's wild. But, since the media first reported it...and is still reporting it. I thought I would enter a possibly theory to support their claims.

Large

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

reply to post by WanDash

...I highly doubt she will reply to me. She is a big time independent investigative reporter. I enquired as to skid marks, curb damage and as to whether it was observed in the North bound lane or South bound lane.

Good questions to present.

gusher....gusher....that dang gusher...
...Taking another drive drive down N. Highland Ave. this morning...there was plenty of time and room for him to cross over into the North bound lane. Why?....There may have been an obstruction (car/ped) in his path causing him to swerve into the N. bound lane. Assuming it was a "stuck accelerator" that is. ...

I recognize where you're coming from. I have considered it, as well (at times).
My biggest problem with it is - "there was traffic...in the video footage, that night, in the north bound lane/s." There was traffic on almost every street/block they drove on. Sure - at one point, there might be an obstruction on the south-going lane, and the north-going lane is open...and he switches over...then, gets caught in that lane, and is thrown into a more harrowing scenario... But - he would probably have had to make the switch between the traffic signal that follows Santa Monica and Melrose Place.

The gusher is tell tale in that ....center of the median it lays more to the side of theNorth bound lane, yet it had been ran over or otherwise molested in the crash.
...I know, I know... the engine.....take a really close street view from the North bound lane. draw a line of approach that includes where the gusher lays.....He tags the double palms (mirror/right side dent], mows over the gusher, hits the palm with the right from quarter of the car. Since the engine didn't magically pop out on the millisecond of impact, but rather as the palm ate the front end during the "spin" process.
...One might say "wouldn't the engine then be on the other side of the street?" ....possibly...but and here is the interesting part... what if the engine clipped the next palm down the row (bank shot) to it's resting place on the corner.... everything looks like it was behind the point of accident.
...Take a drive both South bound...and the wrong way down the North bound lane...

...Why would this be important? .... if His accelerator was "stuck".... he was trying to miss and avoid taking anyone else out with Him.

Okay - I've been inching through the video looking for any tell-tale signs that his first "collision" could have been on (or - from) the north-bound side of the street. I don't think it's likely.
First - because...driving up (in the video), even prior to the two trees and the gusher...you start seeing debris in the street. I don't know what that debris is...but it is all of a similar character/quality...and seems to be the same as is found in the debris that litters the road the closer they approach the fire...as well as shortly thereafter.
Some video shot near the end of the 5+ minute clip...was taken in the median, before reaching the gusher. There is some shown after this as well (from a higher angle)...and I see no evidence of turf disturbance coming from the north-bound side of the street.
Doesn't mean there isn't any (the grass was in need of mowing and there were numerous weeds that looked fairly untidy)...

Again - considering the possibility that the engine/tranny was photoshopped into its location --- They would have to be VERY GOOD to have accomplished it so quickly.

ETA: This is interesting!
The passenger-side rear-view mirror is not folded in...but rather, it is folded "forward".
Is that a "feature" of the side-view mirrors on Mercedes vehicles? I don't know that I've seen that before.
But - that removes the possibility that its "folding" was caused by clipping one of the two palm trees before the gusher from the north-bound lane.
Doesn't address the "damage" to the right quarter panel (etc).
edit on 7/13/2013 by WanDash because: Forgot

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by miner49r

No-one has really wanted to tackle the question of "how" & "when" & "at what angle" the engine ejected.
I have considered the possibility that it started in another direction than where it landed (ended), and met some resistance (like a tree or pole)...and don't know that that isn't what happened.

What needs to be considered, however, is the force necessary to cause the restraints (nuts, bolts, braces, etc...) to fail...and to fail almost simultaneously...and then, a "free path of escape".
If we don't account for the "free path", I don't think it will go as far (because of how much energy would have been dissipated just in the "bolts shearing/breaking" and whatever resistance might still have been in place, pushing its way through/out-of the front end.
Add the trunk of a palm tree (the one crashed into) to the mix...and...unless it (the engine) somehow entirely missed the trunk...a good bit more of the energy/momentum would have been dissipated, as well.

If the first resistance encountered by the engine after leaving the car, was the median turf...there's quite a bit more energy absorbed (tending toward "digging in" rather than skipping or skidding) by another component. If it met asphalt...the chances of skipping &/or skidding for a longer distance improve significantly.
You will also note in the video...that the greatest concentration & scattering of debris is onto the north-bound lane, and in the same direction as the engine came to rest (apparently
).

The reason I'm revisiting this (in relation to what you've suggested) is - I think the angle of impact (and possibly "speed of impact") could be determined, if accommodating for these factors.
Shadellac' has put some effort into pieces (like - how much force would be involved in the collision at a certain speed, and how much of that force might be transferred to releasing-then-expelling the engine/tranny)...but, I think there's a lot more that can be gleaned from it...if anyone knows how.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

I know the wrong side of the road idea is pretty radical. I was just trying to enter a theory as to the possibility. Other than the gusher the south bound angle of impact seems to be the most plausible. The media seems to have the idea for some reason that he was North bound on Highland Ave....but what is the reason??

I am just trying to figure out WHY the media keeps insisting the "engine was behind the vehicle. Unless it is disinfo to keep interest and media coverage

I have some of the memorial photo's with the flowers that people left post accident. The tree has some serious marks on it. I am electing not to post them at this time as it may be considered poor taste by others. You may want to take a look at the tree ... It may hold some details of interest.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:14 PM
link   

reply to post by WanDash

...The media seems to have the idea for some reason that he was North bound on Highland Ave....but what is the reason??
...I am just trying to figure out WHY the media keeps insisting the "engine was behind the vehicle....

Have you heard anyone other than Ms. Dvorak making this claim?
That's the only source I've heard it from...

I have some of the memorial photo's with the flowers that people left post accident. The tree has some serious marks on it. I am electing not to post them at this time as it may be considered poor taste by others. You may want to take a look at the tree ... It may hold some details of interest.

Will take a look.

BTW - what do you make of the passenger side-view mirror being folded forward?

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Yes although I cannot document where I have heard that the engine was on the wrong side of the road. I believe we worked on busting that earlier a number of pages back. The claim is still alive it seems.

On the mirror, I am trying to snag a copy of that vid so I can step through it. If it is folded forwards rather than backward I would say that is consistent with a south bound angle of approach and impact. I may have misinterpreted your folding mirror comment a number of posts back.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   

reply to post by WanDash

...I may have misinterpreted your folding mirror comment a number of posts back.

Actually - I got it wrong on that look.
I was looking at it again...and realized my error.

Regarding others reporting that the engine was on the wrong side of the road (and crash)...I'm wondering if they were simply going off of her report (or - if she was going off of theirs).
It took a while for me to actually gain my bearings on the crash site... It was obvious in many many comments and streams of comments on various related threads that others had the same problem/s. I don't see why it would be any different for reporters/journalists...

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Completely and unquestionably it was a South bound approach and impact in the South bound lane.

The direction Jose was pointing when was telling his story supports it. The debris field through out the Northbound lane in relation to the short palm tree supports it. Looking back on the accident from the motor Supports it.

Note to MSM....Please Please get off the "the motor was behind the car" fallacy.

Looking at the motor not only was the oil pan gone but so was the tranny pan...it looked a little empty in there.

It is kinda sad (but proud) that those "crazy CT'ers" who dig up the "facts" are more accurate than the MSM with their reporting...and Hastings was one of their own!

.ETA:
I am off to find Station 27 since they were there with 52...for no reason really other than curiosity..

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 07:45 PM
link   
In a car crash it is very very rare for the engine to be ejected from the vehicle unless the impact comes from the side like being T-boned. In a head on crash in a modern car the engine goes underneath the driver/passenger compartment instead of going through the firewall.
It is imposible to hit some thing head on and have the engine carry on going.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SKUNK2

Very rare...but not impossible, especially at very high speeds.

Considering this was a left front quarter, offset impact what did fold underneath of the driver and firewall was the front wheel. The left front side of the car is gone all the way back to the firewall.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SKUNK2
In a car crash it is very very rare for the engine to be ejected from the vehicle unless the impact comes from the side like being T-boned. In a head on crash in a modern car the engine goes underneath the driver/passenger compartment instead of going through the firewall.
It is imposible to hit some thing head on and have the engine carry on going.

Thanks for your input.
If you are correct, then the scenario we are seeing would require another explanation, as there are certainly no indications of "t-boning" on the vehicle.
Would you care to suggest "how" the engine and transmission might have been ejected from the vehicle in the direction that seems evident (from the video)?
Regards.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join