It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Channel 6 Investigative Reporter On Michael Hastings. Police and Fire told NOT to comment

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
The plot thickens a little more

BuzzFeed was just around the corner.

ATS Big Picture

He was right at 1 mile away from the Buzzfeed office.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by miner49r
The plot thickens a little more
...BuzzFeed was just around the corner.
...He was right at 1 mile away from the Buzzfeed office.

That is interesting...
Did he/they have some kind of security system on/at the office...which would immediately send out an "alert" to his phone (or some such)...? Was he racing to the office to catch the culprit/s in the act?

I don't see why he would have his cell-phone with him, if his intent was to drop off the radar...unless it was not a smart-phone with GPS.
Could have purchased (or had someone-else purchase for him) a prepaid phone prior to the "disappear" email...
Do you know if...when the police give the "official report"...they include an inventory of items (personal effects) recovered at the scene? If so - we might find if he had an iPhone in the car...or some other, more generic device.

To my first questions in this post ----
Would he really expect to be able to 'thwart' an attempt at burglarizing BuzzFeed's premises...if it was FBI, CIA, NSA, or military contractors...?
Would he have been trying to simply "catch them in the act"...and not necessarily "stop them"...?
Would he have left any "sensitive" doc's or files at the office that would be accessible to such perpetrators?

I don't know...but, I think these are questions worth considering in light of what you've found.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

I would be more inclined to to think that the office would of had an alarm wired into the police station.

As far as thwarting detection, most everyone has a "smart phone" (dumb idea these days) but I am pretty sure the Mercedes also had some form of navigation or even perhaps anit-theft built in. So even turning off the phone the car would have still been a problem.

I have some info on Jennifer Robbins I will post up in just a sec as well.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Looking at the Twitter feeds we have the famous WikiLeaks Tweet at 3:07pm the afternoon of the 19th.

After looking through Jennifer Robinson's Tweets I found the following from 12:29am in the morning. Obviously she seems quite distressed and in a "contemplative mood". Note that She had met with Hastings in person just the week before.

If the WikiLeaks Tweet is solid, .... then they had been talking for at least a week previous. It would be interesting to plug this in MindBodies time line.

ETA:
The investigation is coming along nicely. Do we dare proceed?

edit on 12-7-2013 by miner49r because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Looking at the Twitter feeds we have the famous WikiLeaks Tweet at 3:07pm the afternoon of the 19th.
...After looking through Jennifer Robinson's Tweets I found the following from 12:29am in the morning. Obviously she seems quite distressed and in a "contemplative mood". Note that She had met with Hastings in person just the week before.
...If the WikiLeaks Tweet is solid, .... then they had been talking for at least a week previous. It would be interesting to plug this in MindBodies time line.

...ETA:
The investigation is coming along nicely. Do we dare proceed?

Sorry - had to step out for a few minutes...and didn't want to tip ***M off, that I would be out in the open...

So - she didn't say, at what time she spoke with him...
And - while the FBI fervently claims that they WERE NOT investigating him...he stated that this was his belief in the email to associates...in addition to the fact that this was at least an aspect of the last conversation he had (presumably) with anyone.
Someone had reported that the conversation took place around 1 a.m. (which would be only ~3 hours prior to his accident). Don't know where that info came from - and/or if there is any substance to it... Seems it was part of "the story" within a couple/few days of the event.
Guess I could dig through the older threads...and see if I can find it... (or not - since I'm really not that interested in any of this)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Back as well. Had to run to the store to get descent tin foil for my hat. Generic just won't do. (I'm not joking!)

So we know he was headed towards either work or perhaps a consulate. Along the way He slipped on a banana peel and well......

I am going to take a look at different kinds of bananas I think.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Just wanted to add .. .. .

I think the FBI is full of sh o t.

He was pretty specific about why. .. .

It had something to do with how Michael and his constituents were gathering information from sources. That he mentioned specifics holds water in my view.

I can't remember exactly but when I get back later I will try to find it.

P.S. .. . The FBI May be a Bunch of Damn Liars but I still don't think they, or any other alphabet soup killed him.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Hey guys, I updated my Hastings NSA Snowden timeline from v. 3.0 to 3.1 - the latest version has links for every date so you can more easily verify the info I assembled and do your own research. The link in my signature always takes you to the latest version.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

reply to post by WanDash

...Back as well. Had to run to the store to get descent tin foil for my hat. Generic just won't do. (I'm not joking!)

...So we know he was headed towards either work or perhaps a consulate. Along the way He slipped on a banana peel and well......
...I am going to take a look at different kinds of bananas I think.

Be sure it's genuine USDA certified "tin" foil. I've heard some disturbing news about aluminum lately... Don't want to be trading one evil for another.

It would appear that he was headed in the direction of the office or a consulate... That city is so full of places of interest...(I saw an Office Depot when looking for the Wilshire address of Rolling Stone)...if we continue looking, we might find double (or more) possibilities that are just as intriguing.
You did notice that the accident took place right in front of a Psychic's business...(?)
Palm Tree - Palm-is-Tree (unh-huh)
Coupled with the urgency apparent in the last two bits of communication we are aware of...though - a foreign consulate is a good guess.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadellacZumbrum
...Just wanted to add .. .. .
...I think the FBI is full of sh o t.
...He was pretty specific about why. .. .
...It had something to do with how Michael and his constituents were gathering information from sources. That he mentioned specifics holds water in my view.
...I can't remember exactly but when I get back later I will try to find it.
...P.S. .. . The FBI May be a Bunch of Damn Liars but I still don't think they, or any other alphabet soup killed him.

How they were obtaining information could speak to such things as - "contact info on various sources", to "proprietary technology" (like backdoors to various systems)...or something else I'm not considering.
I am not convinced of ANY PARTICULAR culprit's identity in this case.
There is still a virtual 50/50 chance that he was simply the victim of one of the oddest strings of coincidences that have come along in a while. But...that leaves half-a-chance that an alphabet souper...or (ex-)military sweeper, or someone we haven't even considered (that felt threatened by something he was doing/saying/asking) took him out.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MindBodySpiritComplex
Hey guys, I updated my Hastings NSA Snowden timeline from v. 3.0 to 3.1 - the latest version has links for every date so you can more easily verify the info I assembled and do your own research. The link in my signature always takes you to the latest version.

Thanks MindBody.... I have been referring to it on a few occasions. Jen Robinson's tweet about seeing Hastings the week before fits into the same week Hastings went silent on Twitter. I am thinking an attorney/client suggestion on behalf of Robinson.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Magic Bananas!

I really hate to revisit the idea of Mbrace and RC, I know it has been discussed before and in another thread as well.

Given we know Hastings driving habits, the incident was completely out of character for him.

Suicide is a possibility, but he is a professional... a man of means. I would think he would either shoot himself or overdose rather than a dramatic high speed fiery crash.

Vehicle malfunction ...a.k.a. stuck accelerator would have only been at side street speeds or somewhat over. He could have turned off the ignition as well. There are no recalls for his year and model of Mercedes.

After reading the whitepaper on gaining remote access, It is completely possible ...even at over a 1,000 miles away (or some underground guberment geek puter center). It can even be done with an Ipod.

Lock the doors, disable the breaks, bypass the ignition, control the accelerator, and let'er rip.... all possible. Over and above... there would be no trace. A deep digital forensic investigation of the ECU unit I seriously doubt would turn up any traces....assuming it survived the fire and was a melted hunk of junk.

Given the amount of programming and tech skills required to gain access I highly doubt such a hack attack would have been spur of the moment. Rather, it would have been setup as a contingency plan "if needed".
edit on 12-7-2013 by miner49r because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

I can't find the article, but, in the email he sent indicated that the investigation was for new-gathering practices and other related journmalsm issues. The article I had read specified a little more as to the news gathering practices. If I ever find it I will post it.

But my point is that he makes a specific reasoning behind the investigation. On a side note. . I don't suspect that he would have said anything like that if it wasn't true.

Unless. .. .. ... . . .. .. .
. . .. It wasn't him that sent the email.

P.S.S. . . .. I still don't think he was murdered

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by miner49r

You can probably take suicide off of the list.

I ruled it out when it was obvious that he didn't leave note.

Why? . ..

Because typically when someone commits suicide they leave a note... .. Especially a Journalist because they are going to want to get that Last Story in.
edit on 12-7-2013 by ShadellacZumbrum because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

P.S. .. . The FBI May be a Bunch of Damn Liars but I still don't think they, or any other alphabet soup killed him.

This is where the confusion always comes up. Nutty CTers say, "The Alphabets did it, false flag!" etc. Make them look nuts, make people disregard the issues. Government people know themselves and believe wholeheartedly in their colleagues. "They wouldn't do that. I never seen anything like that in this office!"

But...

There are operatives that are paid, licensed killers. Look at the latest tell-all by a drone operator. Who was linked to over a thousand killings in all the missions he took part in. The rest of the people that work with that guy might have no idea what actually goes on in the control rooms. Heck, they might even send their kids to the same Sunday School.

Not everyone is a "bad guy".

Hastings took down a career general and has received numerous death threats.

Let's say he has info that is going to take down another person's legacy. It could be only that person, and some rogue agents, mercenaries, or active agents that are loyal to that person.

It probably only takes a group of 3-5 to set something like this up. Depending on the method of action. (If it was indeed a hit and not an accident.)

Everything I have seen, leads me to believe it wasn't an accident.

But I would never be so bold to say, "The gubbiment did it!" or that I had any idea who did at all. Frankly, I don't care if the actual people responsible are ever found, but I'd like to know for certain exactly how it happened.

I focus more on the story than the actors involved. I've always enjoyed the real dish, whether or not it ends up with justice.

The rest of it, is just living lies. Why bother...
edit on 12-7-2013 by boncho because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   

reply to post by WanDash

...I can't find the article, but, in the email he sent indicated that the investigation was for new-gathering practices and other related journmalsm issues. The article I had read specified a little more as to the news gathering practices. If I ever find it I will post it.
...But my point is that he makes a specific reasoning behind the investigation. On a side note. . I don't suspect that he would have said anything like that if it wasn't true.
...Unless. .. .. ... . . .. .. .
. . .. It wasn't him that sent the email.

P.S.S. . . .. I still don't think he was murdered

It is surely possible that you've seen something I have not, in this regard...
That said - I'm pretty sure I've seen the entire body of the message...and don't recall anything more than a very generic - "have attorneys present" and "watch your p's and q's".
Would like to see it, if you can find a longer version.
It doesn't really matter what you or I believe, at this point... We can't prove said stories on our current sets of facts... I can't go with any option put forward, yet (even my own), without more information.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

@ Boncho - Granted I should retract my speculative statement of the "guberment" There may be other players who could responsible. Given He has recieved more than one death threat there could be more options.

I am coming to the end my effective usefulness here I feel, I an trying remain open minded, but from my perspective I am starting to form a summary conclusion. Circumstances are beginning to become more and more suspicious.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:28 PM
link   

reply to post by miner49r

...You can probably take suicide off of the list.
...I ruled it out when it was obvious that he didn't leave note.
...Why? . ..
...Because typically when someone commits suicide they leave a note... .. Especially a Journalist because they are going to want to get that Last Story in.

I don't count "suicide" a likely explanation, either.
I would not rule it out SOLELY on the basis of "no note", however...since, the only reason I count legitimate-enough that it could have been what he did...would almost require that it not be ruled "suicide".
Even with that, however - I move it near the bottom of the list.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Has anyone read Hastings last article He published?

He names names, doesn't pull any punches, and slaps a few folks but proper.

Why Democrats Love To Spy On Americans

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 08:13 PM
link   

reply to post by boncho

...I am coming to the end my effective usefulness here I feel, I an trying remain open minded, but from my perspective I am starting to form a summary conclusion. Circumstances are beginning to become more and more suspicious.

Don't count yourself out too soon.
I have worked many cases (of various sorts) through the years. They go through phases.
Sorting through the facts, cleaning them off, setting them in order and categorizing them (in different manners - depending on the problems inherent to the case)...are taxing, time-consuming, and sometimes simply disheartening -- when further daunted by the sizes and numbers of holes/gaps .
Please stick around...as...the next phase is even more exhaustive (but - potentially more rewarding), and you have a level head - which is an absolute necessity in such matters.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join