It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas GOP skirts law on anti-abortion bill

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:30 PM
link   
This is a very revealing article. It really depresses me how devious people get away with so much corruption, even in the US which is supposed to be moral nation (if you listen to these people).

www.cnn.com...

We're taught as kids that cheaters never win, but that lesson didn't sink in with Republican leaders in Texas...

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

I'm sorry but were talking about allowing people to get abortions between 20 and 26 months here. That is not a right to your own body at that point for there is another living inside of it. That is called murder.

If it was a RIGHT then you should have NO PROBLEMS performing the abortion yourself?

Or is the type of thing people are just supposed to let slide until even after they are born, like the baby killer doctor who murdered babies after they were born.

Obviously there should be a line in the sand somewhere and if you asked me even 20 weeks is too long. How about 90 days?

In the case of 26 weeks here's what's already happening.

www.babycenter.com...

The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about 1 2/3 pounds and measures 14 inches (about the size of a scallion) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.

Here's 20 weeks

www.babycenter.com...

Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — about the size of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.) He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).

I try to consider both sides of the argument, but in my opinion a post 20 week abortion is just not irresponsible and immoral it is MURDER!

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I'm not for late abortions, I'm just against how the GOP operates as shown in this article.

Besides if they want to save lives, they could try to save living people, like not voting for every war conceivable.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Is that not like the pot calling the kettle black?

The democrats brought in a mob of chanting baboons to attempt to sway the legislature from doing what it would do anyways. Now all republicans are evil.

I get it.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by txinfidel
reply to post by CB328

I'm sorry but were talking about allowing people to get abortions between 20 and 26 months here. That is not a right to your own body at that point for there is another living inside of it. That is called murder.

If it was a RIGHT then you should have NO PROBLEMS performing the abortion yourself?

Or is the type of thing people are just supposed to let slide until even after they are born, like the baby killer doctor who murdered babies after they were born.

Obviously there should be a line in the sand somewhere and if you asked me even 20 weeks is too long. How about 90 days?

In the case of 26 weeks here's what's already happening.

www.babycenter.com...

The network of nerves in your baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear both your voice and your partner's as you chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about 1 2/3 pounds and measures 14 inches (about the size of a scallion) from head to heel. If you're having a boy, his testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.

Here's 20 weeks

www.babycenter.com...

Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — about the size of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.) He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).

I try to consider both sides of the argument, but in my opinion a post 20 week abortion is just not irresponsible and immoral it is MURDER!

If you don't like abortions then don't have one, and stop forcing people to abide by what you think is right or wrong.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

I'm not forcing anyone to do anything. I am stating that an abortion that late in the game is murder and it should be treated as such.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Take a good look at abortion activists are fighting for:

They are not fighting for reproductive rights they already have them what they are fighting for is the RIGHT to murder.

Just like the other laws against murder.
edit on 8-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by CB328
This is a very revealing article. It really depresses me how devious people get away with so much corruption, even in the US which is supposed to be moral nation (if you listen to these people).

www.cnn.com...

We're taught as kids that cheaters never win, but that lesson didn't sink in with Republican leaders in Texas...

Let me ask. Are you just as mad that Obama skirts immigration and deportation laws or are you a partisan hypocrite?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:38 AM
link   

The nerve of that comment seriously.

We're taught as kids!

At least our parents decided to have us hell parents deciding to have kids is why all these threads get created in the first place.

How many threads on ATS does an aborted fetus create?

None because they were murdered.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

If they had they're way it would be illegal to have more than one child.

But this is what gets me, I heard a story about a woman who left her baby left for dead in a dumpster, A Dumpster!?! After she already had it. Is that still her right to murder after it was already born?

Don't these people know that they can leave their child at a hospital if they can't or do not want to care for it?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Life is life is life. You can call Perry whatever the hell you want... You can throw the "Republican" stereotype around, and that does not bother me. You do whatever makes you feel like you are making a difference..........

After that, you need to realize that life is life. The woman who would support this should have had the forethought to use contraception. If the contraception failed, she should deal with the consequences. What about rape? The woman should have the courage to visit the hospital as soon as possible and try whatever contraceptive methods are available.... What about choice? The choice occurs far before the conception,..... It is simple.... It should not be a political discussion... The politicos will use this against the American People and divide us as long as we see it as an issue.... Perry is a pig when it comes to politics..

I realize that we can not do without our politicians.... For the sake of argument. We could, but that is the subject of a different thread. Perry is right for Texas.. He is far from perfect... I would not wish that he were President or anything... I'm not even a Republican or a Conservative.... That aside..

Villianize all you want. A woman's choice is all hers, but there is a timeframe to be considered. She has time to make her choices... Once LIFE is created, the choice should not be up to her. Not when PAIN can be felt. Not when there is Cognitive LIFE growing within her... Legal definitions are always messy... That is why I hate, no, absolutely detest Law.. Common sense should be the applicable standard. Alas, it is so uncommon.

Don't cry about "skirting the LAW" when life is at stake.... It makes you petty... Law is just that.. Law is not always right.. LAW is not always fair... LAW is a joke. When it comes to saving a life, you know you would break the LAW if you were half the decent human being you claim to be.

The "you" in my statement is not directed at the OP, it is directed at the throngs of misguided people who are drawn in by this "non-issue" to be politicized and divided.....
edit on 8-7-2013 by Bobaganoosh because: just so ya know.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Looks like the satanist were even upset you invoked their king during this debacle - Kind of puts baby murderers lower than satanist.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 05:08 AM
link   
"If you don't like it don't have one" is about the most immature defense of abortion any person can make. You may as well say, if you don't like rape then don't rape anyone. If you don't like infanticide don't commit one. Just don't try to stop me from doing it. Well, guess what, the world doesn't work that way. Decent people will always try to prevent others from committing heinous acts and abortion definitely falls into that category.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by americanwoman
"If you don't like it don't have one" is about the most immature defense of abortion any person can make. You may as well say, if you don't like rape then don't rape anyone. If you don't like infanticide don't commit one. Just don't try to stop me from doing it. Well, guess what, the world doesn't work that way. Decent people will always try to prevent others from committing heinous acts and abortion definitely falls into that category.

Well it's the truth. If you think something is a heinous act then don't do that. No matter how many laws are passed, abortions will take place no matter what and if a woman decides that she does not want to give birth to that child then she will find away to abort the pregnancy.

I'm not promoting abortion. But I do support giving women the choice. Instead of having them to rely on a clandestine clinic or old fashioned abortion methods.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Well, with laws passed against abortion. The numbers would fall quite a bit from the murder-fest that is currently going on today. Remember Obama's statement, "But if we can save just one life..."

We could save millions of them.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by txinfidel
reply to post by neo96

If they had they're way it would be illegal to have more than one child.

But this is what gets me, I heard a story about a woman who left her baby left for dead in a dumpster, A Dumpster!?! After she already had it. Is that still her right to murder after it was already born?

Don't these people know that they can leave their child at a hospital if they can't or do not want to care for it?

Well, Feinstein made the comment that the newborn doesn't have rights until it arrives at the front door of the parent's house. And there are terms within the pro-abortion crowd like "post-birth abortions". So they would definitely like to see or make laws legalizing the practice outside of the womb. Hell, the liberal news outlets barely covered the Kermit Gosnel trial, if they even covered it at all. He was the worst mass-murderer in American history.
edit on 8-7-2013 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I'm all for a ban on late term abortions, but the other items in this bill would effectively close almost every abortion clinic in Texas. That's where I call bs.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy
I'm all for a ban on late term abortions, but the other items in this bill would effectively close almost every abortion clinic in Texas. That's where I call bs.

That's actually the most important aspect of the bill if people care about women. Making sure that there cannot exist clinics with wretched and deplorable conditions that existed in PA with the Gosnell clinic, or the recent discovery of a similar clinic in TX. And requiring the abortion clinics to come to the same standard of any other surgical ambulatory place in Texas. This has been supported by health providers.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by usernameconspiracy

It would close almost all except for the surgery center that Perry's sister owns. Follow the money - right up to that despicable hypoccritical piece of garbage you call governor.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical
reply to post by muse7

Well, with laws passed against abortion. The numbers would fall quite a bit from the murder-fest that is currently going on today. Remember Obama's statement, "But if we can save just one life..."

We could save millions of them.

And what would be done with these millions of unwanted children? Stick them in orphanages which are overcrowded already? Raise them in homes where the way they are treated almost guarantees them to grow up to be criminals? Adoption is out of the question seeing how people are more interested in buying third world kids instead of helping a child at home.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join