NTSB: 10 killed in plane crash at the Soldotna Airport in Alaska

page: 1

join

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Hi

I just saw this story , but it happened earlier and I had not seen it posted yet

A pilot and 9 passengers were killed when an air taxi had an accident on takeoff at Soldotna airport in Alaska.

2 plane crashes in 2 days not good.
www.wptv.com...

Authorities say an air taxi has crashed at the Soldotna Airport in Alaska, killing all 10 people on board.

National Transportation Safety Board investigator Clint Johnson says the pilot and nine passengers were killed in the crash at the airport late Sunday morning.

edit on 7-7-2013 by goou111 because: (no reason given)
edit on 7-7-2013 by goou111 because: add pics

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
So yesterday a train derailed (quebec) and a plane crashed (san francisco)..

and today a train derailed (russia) and a plane crashed (alaska).

spooky
edit on 7-7-2013 by introV because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:15 PM
link   
reply to post by introV

I had not heard about a train derailment today. I saw the one yesterday

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

I actually saw the pilot a couple of weeks ago in the TV/Appliance store I work at, he was a long time customer.

He said hehad just returned from Waikiki. I remember thinking, "he seems pretty stressed out and unhappy for a guy who just casually returned from Hawaii". But I don't know his journey, and his soul has moved on now.

Crazy, I was not expecting to see this story on ATS.

There's a lot of crazy stuff going on right now, I wonder what's next?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by GoShredAK

Really sad my heart goes out to the families. This is a pretty small town, I'm anxious to learn who the passengers were.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by goou111

At least 80 injured as passenger train derails in southern Russia

rt.com...

Also, plane crashes more likely in Alaska due to terrain and frequency of small flights.

Alaska has already seen a several plane crashes this year, including a June 28 crash that killed a pilot and two passengers on a commercial tour in the Alaska Range.

www.foxnews.com...

Thoughts and prayers with the families.
edit on 7-7-2013 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Looks like the pilot was local, the other 9 were tourists heading out to a lodge. Those DeHav Otters are a bitch. I believe that was the same build of plane Senator Stevens was in when a crash took his life a few years back.

new topics
top topics

join