It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you take non-credited classes at a community college if you owe them money?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Can you take non-credited classes at a community college if you owe them money?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

I don't see why not, if you're paying up front for the class.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   
That seems like an issue you need to take up with them.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I think your student loans have to be in good standing.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
If it's the same actual school you went to and are behind in debt for? I'd say that's entirely up to the school itself and how badly they need to fill seats while collecting new money vs. chasing old. I think cash payment would go without saying though.......

If it's another school? Why would they care? Several students I've been in classes with are behind from places like Phoenix and Vatterott, so it works out somehow when the school has the open space. It never hurts to try!

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

I think non credited anything is really pretty useless in a lot of ways. You pay big money for information you could learn for free watching youtube videos, learning online, or reading a book. The credits are to get you moving toward getting your degree or diploma. Without them then you might as well just study a variety of alternative ways. Like youtube, books, websites, podcasts, trade magazines, mentors, clubs, volunteering, etc etc. And learn it that way. I really hate the way the education system is set up. It's a big scam. google, or youtube: "college scam" you'll see why.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by spartacus699

I'd have to agree. This day and age, plenty of free ways to get the info, no need to spend the dough if not getting the credit.

Also, do you owe the school itself, or is it student loans? That could be a difference too.
edit on 8-7-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:23 PM
link   
And you should be able to sit in and "audit" any classs free as long as the instructor doesnt care. (Most dont-some do).

new topics

top topics

join