It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fighter Planes Draw A Heart In The Sky Over Tahrir Square, Egypt

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
love the pic showing the world all we need is love

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Runciter33

Also look how one side holds national flags while the other holds pictures of an ousted president, Well selected pictures by MSM or just how it is?

Not that it matters, what matters here is the voices of the people are heard.
What would you're opinion on what these pictures could mean?

My opinion is that people, mainly women in Egypt want to live in a country where rights are a bit more equal and not the opposite. A place where people are free to choose to live how they want within reason. A place where religion does not dominate peoples lives and demand them to submit to Allah.

Just my few pence on what this all means and if it is the case I'm all for it, I just hope a bit humanity prevails because this is getting worse daily. The military has it's work cut out for them that's for sure.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Behold US grant money being wasted to portray military to the crowd as cool guys.

tsk tsk tsk

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:59 AM
link   
sorry double post

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by JilianK

The very same Egyptian military who heeded the people's call & kicked out the Islamists who were trying to take over Egypt & instill Sharia law?

Yeah they're the cool guys.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ItCameFromOuterSpace
Thems chemtrails!

Surely!

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Rape. You will never make it go away, at least in your lifetime.

One of the first references to the "laws of war", or "traditions of war" was by Cicero, who urged soldiers to observe the rules of war, since obeying the regulations separated the "men" from the "brutes". Conquering the riches and property of an enemy was regarded as legitimate reason for war in itself. Women were included with "property", since they were considered to be under the lawful ownership of a man, whether a father, husband, slave master, or guardian. In this context, the rape of a woman was considered a property crime committed against the man who owned the woman.

The ancient Greeks considered war rape of women "socially acceptable behavior well within the rules of warfare", and warriors considered the conquered women "legitimate booty, useful as wives, concubines, slave labour or battle-camp trophy".

Link

Some of these men act like animals. They have been deprived, beaten down and become lost. Religious salvation sounds great, Islam made them feel part of something. It truly is an old, dying form of religion. Part of egypt has a lot of catching up to do in terms of civility.

The ratio of good hearts to bad hearts is far greater and I believe you know that. I can honestly not say if there will be a positive outcome to this but, just send them some love man, even if you have to pretend.

I almost feel that with how many people are actually out demonstrating (tens of thousands), that this is nothing more than cherry picking. The negative aspects of this situation do not dictate the principle behind this, or in all fairness, it is too early too tell.

Welcome to the animal kingdom, let nature take its coarse. Focus on the positive, never forget and learn from the negative.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join