It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fighter Planes Draw A Heart In The Sky Over Tahrir Square, Egypt

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   

The eight military fighter planes leave smoke the color of Egypt's flag in sky over Tahrir Square.

Source

Source

Splits in Egypt leadership amid new protests

news.yahoo.com...

CAIRO (AP) — Feuding erupted within Egypt's new leadership on Sunday as secular and liberal factions wrangled with ultraconservative Islamists who rejected their choice for prime minister, stalling the formation of a new government after the military's ouster of President Mohammed Morsi.

At the same time, the shows of strength over the removal of Egypt's first freely elected president were far from ending, with tens of thousands in the streets Sunday from each side. The military deployed troops at key locations in Cairo and other cities amid fears of renewed violence.

Supporters of ousted Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi chant slogans at a sit-in in Nasser City, a suburb of Cairo, on Sunday, July 7, 2013.

Opponents of ousted Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi rally in Tahrir Square in Cairo on Sunday, July 7, 2013.

Source

Related News Links:
Egypt Factions Work on Compromise on Premier Post
Military steps up security, warns against violence

edit on 7-7-2013 by Swills because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Things are far from over in Egypt since the military coup that removed Morsi. Morsi has his Islamist supporters who are coming out in the tens of thousands protesting defiantly stating they will not stop protesting until Morsi is reinstated. Violence, from all sides, and sexual assaults are a reality and the Egyptian military is out in full force continuing to warn everyone that it will not be tolerated.

Don't sleep on Egypt because things are only heating up and lets all pray, or mediate, and ask for the best possible outcome with the least of amount of violence and to keep everyone safe!

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Dang! I think I'm going to cry. It's so touching.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Im glad one country in the middle east is standing up to Islamic extremists.

Just need someone to stand up against the zionosts.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Thems chemtrails!

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Those Lithium chem-trails should calm the crowds.

Removing my tongue from my cheek now.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazyewok
Im glad one country in the middle east is standing up to Islamic extremists.

Just need someone to stand up against the zionosts.

And the extreme far right Christians in the USA, otherwise known as the TEA Party.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Such a rosy picture of Egypt where the reality is anything but:

hundreds of Egyptian, and foreign women sexually assaulted.

The Brotherhood issuing 'intifada's..

People getting thrown off rooftops.

Egypt is a powder keg getting ready to explode.

Wonder if it was one of those shiny new US f-16s drawing 'hearts'.

Meh

edit on 7-7-2013 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

No one is implying its a rosy scene full of sunshine & kittens over in Egypt. The violence and sexual assaults I already covered in my post above.

So who you giving a thumbs down too, the Egyptian military trying to spread some love knowing full well Egypt is on the brink of civil war or the entire situation in Egypt as a whole?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Look at the pro-Morsi protestors and then look at the anti-Morsi protestors what do you see? I see all men on the pro side and mostly women on the anti side.

Kinda proves a point if ya think hard enough. Maybe just maybe Islam is ready to rise out of the dark ages. This picture speaks 1000 words.
edit on 7-7-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-7-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Swills

Here is the Egyptian military spreading the love:

www.nypost.com...

edition.cnn.com...

Giving the thumbs down to Egypt.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Have you ever been accused of being a Debbie downer?

Like I already said, all sides are guilty of violence against each other, and guess what, so far in our human history we haven't had a revolution that didn't result in violence but so far Egypt and their military are doing their best to keep a lid on the pot of chaos that is brewing that can erupt at any moment.

So a thumbs up from me to Egypt for trying to keep the violence at a minimum as they sort out their political mess

Too bad in America people are mostly apathetic, lazy, and distracted to sort out their political turmoil.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
wait- I thought those trails were chemtrails

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrPlow
wait- I thought those trails were chemtrails

No no lasting trails are only a result of air pressure and temperature! ...

At least that's what disbelievers say all the time...back on subject...

Blessings to the people of Egypt

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Wow! Feel the LOVE.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by Swills

www.nypost.com...

edition.cnn.com...

I hate to say it but Egypt hasn't gone to the point of civil war due to the military and I don't see them allowing it to get to that.

The military seems to be doing all it can to do the right thing, they want Egypt stable and relatively free. What else explains the empathy shown toward the anti-Morsi crowd?

Well done to the Egyptian military, they are backing the right crowd in heart it seems and doing the right thing

It gives me hope for Egypt when this powder keg explodes and it will if the religious nuts have anything to do with it.

BTW awesome pictures op, thanks for posting them.
edit on 8-7-2013 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Nice manouever.

I count nine planes along with the coloured smoke so they could be Egypt's Silver Stars display team.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by RAY1990

reply to post by Swills

www.nypost.com...

edition.cnn.com...

I hate to say it but Egypt hasn't gone to the point of civil war due to the military and I don't see them allowing it to get to that.

The military seems to be doing all it can to do the right thing, they want Egypt stable and relatively free. What else explains the empathy shown toward the anti-Morsi crowd?

Well done to the Egyptian military, they are backing the right crowd in heart it seems and doing the right thing

It gives me hope for Egypt when this powder keg explodes and it will if the religious nuts have anything to do with it.

BTW awesome pictures op, thanks for posting them.
edit on 8-7-2013 by RAY1990 because: (no reason given)

Its more a matter of the military's best interest to get rid of the muslim brotherhood they were all ready trying to replace generals in the armed forces.Everyone knows the true power in egypt ls the generals. And as soon as they became threatened by the government conveniently this all happened no coincidence. There also scaredof losing those US dollars they receive from congress how else can they skim money.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Such a rosy picture of Egypt where the reality is anything but:

hundreds of Egyptian, and foreign women sexually assaulted.

The Brotherhood issuing 'intifada's..

People getting thrown off rooftops.

Egypt is a powder keg getting ready to explode.

Wonder if it was one of those shiny new US f-16s drawing 'hearts'.

Meh

Bitter cause unlike the USA its people + Army are getting rid of a bad goverment?

Yes people are going to get hurt. They always do in revloutions.........

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Supporters of ousted Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi chant slogans at a sit-in in Nasser City, a suburb of Cairo, on Sunday, July 7, 2013.

Opponents of ousted Egyptian President Mohammed Morsi rally in Tahrir Square in Cairo on Sunday, July 7, 2013.

Source

Look at the two images above closely, notice how the supporters above are all men in the picture? And the opponents in the photo below... all women.

Found that interesting, not to say that i necessarily know what it means.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join