It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Healing the body via the mind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I have been physically ill and almost debilitated for about a year now. I don't want to have any sort of invasive surgery but I need to be in better health to live a productive life.

Has anyone had any experience or have any thoughts on healing your physical self with your mind? Possible? How to?

edit on 7-7-2013 by Euphony because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Euphony

Lets just say that it can be done, but explaining how to do it is difficult. I can point you in the right direction though. It takes FOCUS. I have been able to do this for about 20 years now, and it takes an enormous amount of focusing on the health issue, down to a cellular level. That's the only thing I can say at this point.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Euphony
I have been physically ill and almost debilitated for about a year now. I don't want to have any sort of invasive surgery but I need to be in better health to live a productive life.

Has anyone had any experience or have any thoughts on healing your physical self with your mind? Possible? How to?

Best I can offer is that I get cramps in my legs a LOT! Even with medication I still get them. What really helps is when I get a cramp I imagine a wound up rubber band in my mind. I let the band unwind in a pretty quick fashion, and the cramp in my leg goes completely away for the time being.

So, can the mind heal the body? I would say yes.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Euphony

Yes.

You may or may not be open to meditation, but if you can listen and relax to a self-guided meditation it will work wonders.

The problem with beginners and veterans in meditation is when the mind is over-active it is near impossible to quiet it down, then focus on healing. Our minds are like computers input in, results out, but if we allow it to absorb constant chaos, then that is what the body will show.

Here is one of the best I have ever used for 25 years +

And still do to this day when I am having trouble focusing on my meditative practices.

Self Healing by Barrie Konicov

Good luck to you.
edit on 7-7-2013 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:08 AM
link   
The mind is truly an enigma. Tibetan Monks have been used as research to delve into the mysteries of the mind.

The mind, much like the Cosmos, tends to create even more questions as we learn more about it.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Mind over matter is what i always say.

I'm sure it's possible, i think a large part of fighting a disease is willpower.

Heard of so many cases where people with a terminal disease pass away,
just when their lives are otherwise worry free.

I wouldn't place any bets on it, but it plays a role that's for sure.
edit on 9-7-2013 by Skaffa because: (no reason given)

top topics

join