It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do we take NASA serious, from here on

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I put this here, as I am mostly interrested in earth sciences and didn't find any references to the article in question.

Not more than a few months ago, NASA came out with a statement that the earth was not growing. Despite numerous things that to point to that the earth is not a stable planet, but has gone through enormous changes through it's lifetime. Although NASA took a "political" stand by saying no more than 0.001, which falls between chairs, so to speak. After which, I've wondered wether NASA isn't a non-scientific institute, and merely a shadow of it's former self.

The fact, that Hansen was leading it, someone who was "religously" tied to the global warming phenomena, and for which we have lost a lot information around how the cycling changes of the earth actually happen. Now, even far worse statements seem to come from NASA. Now, I don't think it matters even if it's a statement that has been blown out of proportions, or a statement that has been interpreted to mean something else than it was supposed to. The statement itself, brings forth a real question as to wether the personel at NASA are to be taken serious.

NASA finds message from GOD on mars

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
That article is fake.

The Daily Currant is like The Onion.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by bjarneorn

The statement itself, brings forth a real question as to wether the personel at NASA are to be taken serious.

The bigger question should be are we to take that article serious?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Oh man.
LOL

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   
I'm going to run with the title of the OP, and not it's content.
In answering the title, no. I don't take any gobermnt agencies statements,
nor press releases, as fact. Period.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   
I'm not really one to attack a source but look at some of the other headlines here....

Supreme Court Rules Gays Have Equal Right to Carry Guns Into Schools

Bachmann Named Spokeswoman for Schizophrenia Medication

Supreme Court Orders Minorities to Pay Reparations for Affirmative Action

Sarah Palin Claims Global Warming Will ‘Bring Back the Dinosaurs’

Paula Deen Blames ‘the Jews’ For Firing

i can't stop laughing this site is awesome...for all the wrong reasons.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Did you really believe NASA found messages from God on Mars?

This is so rich!

Well now you know to stay away from the Currant...

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   
In the words of Lincoln: not everything you find on the internet is reliable.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:30 PM
link   

From the ABOUT Page at the Daily Currant:

About

The Daily Currant is an English language online satirical newspaper that covers global politics, business, technology, entertainment, science, health and media. It is accessible from over 190 countries worldwide - now including South Sudan.

Our mission is to ridicule the timid ignorance which obstructs our progress, and promote intelligence - which presses forward.

Q. Are your news stories real?

A. No. Our stories are purely fictional. However they are meant to address real-world issues through satire and often refer and link to real events happening in the world

Q. Who are your influences?

A. Bat for Lashes, Dave Brubeck, Regina Spektor and Jeff Buckley.

In other words, OP, don't take them seriously. Or to put it another way, take them even less seriously than NASA.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
i'm sooo confused. the satirical article doesn't seem to have ANYTHING to do with the post. did the OP put the wrong link? the OP talks about the earth growing and the "article" is about mars.

methinks there was a mistake..... the article is funny though.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:46 PM
link   
No wonder they haven't been able to find the ten commandment tablets. Someone brought them to Mars a couple of thousand years ago so they would be safe.

Nah, I don't believe they found the tablets on Mars. The rover found them in a cave in a desert here on earth. I guess they don't even tell their scientists the truth at NASA, they think the rover is broadcasting from Mars too

I suppose NASA scientists have a sense of humor just like the rest of us. That is if the article had anything remotely to do with NASA at all. It's probably a classical complete Joke.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   

You have heard that NASA stands for Never A Straight Answer?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
I'm going to run with the title of the OP, and not it's content.
In answering the title, no. I don't take any gobermnt agencies statements,
nor press releases, as fact. Period.

NASA, while government funded, is staffed mostly by civilians .. they are working stiffs like the rest of us only they are really smart working stiffs.. scientists..

Science doesn't have time for politics
edit on 7/7/2013 by miniatus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
No wonder they haven't been able to find the ten commandment tablets. Someone brought them to Mars a couple of thousand years ago so they would be safe.

Nah, I don't believe they found the tablets on Mars. The rover found them in a cave in a desert here on earth. I guess they don't even tell their scientists the truth at NASA, they think the rover is broadcasting from Mars too

I suppose NASA scientists have a sense of humor just like the rest of us. That is if the article had anything remotely to do with NASA at all. It's probably a classical complete Joke.

Of course not.. the source of this article is a farse.. it's not serious

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   
The problem with satire sites is so many people are willing to believe anything they read on the internet.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Roxxo
That article is fake.

The Daily Currant is like The Onion.

Never heard of Daily current, but HOW do people find out what sites are like this? They don't bother to say satire up top.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   

If this was real it would be all over every news channel in the WORLD not just on some shady website.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
The problem with satire sites is so many people are willing to believe anything they read on the internet.

And here I was ready to believe your post till I thought about what you said

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

Don't believe him, The Current is a dried up fruit, nothing at all like The Onion.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by Char-Lee

Don't believe him, The Current is a dried up fruit, nothing at all like The Onion.

Lol thanks that helps :-) really if you come across a totally believable (unlike this one) article how do people learn which are reliable? Just experience I assume? is there no place to go check out a source?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join