It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swamp Gas!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
this latest video contains in it ufos. they may come complete with aliens, but sometimes those are sold separately depending on brand name and share value of the company selling them. we have seen that evolution is true.. for in under 100 years, science has observed a fantastic evolution right before the eyes of mankind. altho we are not sure what factors in the environment contribute to these new and realised devlopments, but i filled cup, owner of a Doctorate in biology is here to to put forth a theory that will change the world. and the theory is as follows..

Swamp gas, starts off in the most likely place, a swamp,. and as the swamp creates swamp gas, the thickness of the bacteria on the swamp surface grows into a bubble as all the bacteria sling to eachother forming a sort of clear non-porous sheet. the swamp gas fills this sheet until the sheet is well rounded like a balloon. at this point the swamp gas' exerts pressure away from the surface of the swamp causing the balloon like structure to lift off the swamp surface and take flight to air. this is how weather balloons evolve in their first stage.

in the second stage, the swamp gas filled balloon floats so high in the earth's atmosphere that the sun causes a hardening effect on the outer layers of the balloon. the external surface becomes extra shiny, and now able to burst through the ozone layer with it's solid exterior. once this happens, the weather balloon is classified as a satellite as it then begins to orbit the earth. finally, since no country on earth launched it, it remains unidentified and thus is titled a 'UFO' for public acknowledgement. there's nothing to see here.

we have seen that this process can happen in as little as 50-60 years. it is observable and thus true and 100% fact, that given the proper environment and catalyst factors, swamp gas can evolve into a fully functioning satellite. Please Hold your applause! i claim nothing more than has been observed as the standard process.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by filledcup

Maybe we finally have a logical explanation to UFO's.

Do you have a link, to some further information on this particular phenomena?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I would like to see more precise data about this, like list of areas where these "balloons" have appeared and swamps in those areas or nearby areas.

I doubt this very strongly that there is a connection as where i live we have a lot of lakes and swamps and this part of the earth seems not to get UFO sightings.

Some say UFO/Aliens are attracted to water.. where are they ??? never seen one !

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by filledcup
in the second stage, the swamp gas filled balloon floats so high in the earth's atmosphere that the sun causes a hardening effect on the outer layers of the balloon. the external surface becomes extra shiny, and now able to burst through the ozone layer with it's solid exterior. once this happens, the weather balloon is classified as a satellite as it then begins to orbit the earth.

Can I have a source for this? I have never heard of such a thing, and searching on Google didn't yield me any results. In all honesty this seems fabricated in my opinion. Upon being provided a source, I'd be more than willing to admit that I'm wrong. I'm not claiming that all UFO's (or any) are of extra-terrestrial origin, but the information you've provided doesn't agree with anything I've learned before and I cannot verify it independently.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

The first video looks like balloons with flares attached like this.

Comparison of footage to previous hoaxes. Farmer, the TASK agent who filmed the previous clip, was advised by the pilot of the plane that was circling the UFO that the object had been a red flare attached to and dangling from underneath two large helium balloons.

The video from Russia is a failed rocket launch
Russian Satellite Crashes in Latest Failed Rocket Launch

According to initial reports, the remnants of the spacecraft were expected to crash near Tobolsk in the Tyumen Region of Russia. However within three hours after the accident, Interfax news agency reported that fragments of the spacecraft were found near Ordynskoe in Novosibirsk Region

The video of Orbs is CGI
No Swamp Gas involved .

Post by filledcup
it is observable and thus true and 100% fact, that given the proper environment and catalyst factors, swamp gas can evolve into a fully functioning satellite.

No it isn't and no it can't ....Swamp Gas satellite

edit on 7-7-2013 by gortex because: Edit to edit

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   

finally, since no country on earth launched it, it remains unidentified and thus is titled a 'UFO' for public acknowledgement.

No.

You just said identified it as weather balloon/swamp gas.

However I get your point and am wondering why?

Is that not why "swamp gas" has been used in the past as an explanation, because it can be mistaken for a UFO?

S/F for an interesting short read. any links you could add.

owner of a Doctorate in biology

Just to be a pain in the ... How much did you pay to own or were you a recipient of a doctorate in bio.

I actually ask because of stories I have heard of people buying their degrees and doctorates,

Sorry for being way off topic, do not respond to the last bit, I can be quite obtuse without realizing.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:09 PM
link   
I've seen swamp gas before...especially in the spring --- before dawn --- when I go turkey hunting in the swamps of Maryland; but I've yet to see a "swamp gas balloon" rise out of any swamp. Swamp gas...can cast an eerie glow over a swamp; but a swamp gas balloon?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by InhaleExhale

Is that not why "swamp gas" has been used in the past as an explanation, because it can be mistaken for a UFO?

To my knowledge swamp gas has only been used once as a "serious" explanation for a UFO sighting by J. Allen Hynek in regard to the Michigan sighting , an explanation that he later came to regret .

Ufologists have been beaten around the head with it ever since by people who think it funny to parrot it as a pseudo explanation for all UFO sightings .

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   

and as the swamp creates swamp gas, the thickness of the bacteria on the swamp surface grows into a bubble as all the bacteria sling to eachother forming a sort of clear non-porous sheet. the swamp gas fills this sheet until the sheet is well rounded like a balloon.

Thats an interesting theory. The problem with that is before the "bacterial membrane" could close, the gas would squirt out from underneath and the membrane would collapse.

First you form a ballon, then you fill it.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   

you claim to have a doctorate in biology and you say this,

it is observable and thus true and 100% fact, that given the proper environment and catalyst factors, swamp gas can evolve into a fully functioning satellite.

i'll believe you if you post the relevant scientific data to back this claim up.
otherwise your just trolling, which is more likely

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
ROOFFLL!!! Ive got to say.. i had my suspicions that some people would take my pre-wording seriously. but i was merely following the rules in 'Making every post count' lol.

my foreword to the video is absolute and utter rubbish. that any of you have taken it seriously is to show how your faculties are yearning in the department of self articulated thought, though i mean no offense in that statement. more points to those who recognized the theory to be utter rubbish. and a sad day for those who would question the doctorate of such a ridiculous premise. swamp gas forming bubble balloons floating into space and becoming unknown satellites?? come on people.

LOOOL To be very clear, the foreword was merely a 'Sarcasmic satirical' writing. meant to sound utterly ridiculous. in a fashion which shadows the history of crappy explanations we've been given for these sightings over the years since roswell. and quite well before. im surprised that so many would seem to take it seriously. truth is what's in the video looks awesome.. and it aint nothin but aliens.. LOL

for those who may have thought this was my presentation on evolution for whatever reason here it is.. and also to be clear.. this one is not sarcasmic satirical in nature:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 7-7-2013 by filledcup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   

So you decided to Troll the UFO forum , well done aren't you clever

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure the OP was sarcasm and humor and not meant to be taken seriously.

EDIT: Had window open & posted above comment before thread author replied. My suspicion was true.
edit on 7-7-2013 by WilliamOckham because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

So you decided to Troll the UFO forum , well done aren't you clever

more like 'the ufo forum' trolls 'scientific' explanations for these events in a demonstration of how gullible people can be when a doctorate is applied to a publicly released statement.

they think because someone with qualifications said it means it's fact. finding it difficult to understand the difference between, fact, conjecture, and outright lies!

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

The first video looks like balloons with flares attached like this.

Comparison of footage to previous hoaxes. Farmer, the TASK agent who filmed the previous clip, was advised by the pilot of the plane that was circling the UFO that the object had been a red flare attached to and dangling from underneath two large helium balloons.

The video from Russia is a failed rocket launch
Russian Satellite Crashes in Latest Failed Rocket Launch

According to initial reports, the remnants of the spacecraft were expected to crash near Tobolsk in the Tyumen Region of Russia. However within three hours after the accident, Interfax news agency reported that fragments of the spacecraft were found near Ordynskoe in Novosibirsk Region

The video of Orbs is CGI
No Swamp Gas involved .

Post by filledcup

No it isn't and no it can't ....Swamp Gas satellite

edit on 7-7-2013 by gortex because: Edit to edit

yes indeed. some of the balloons depending on the nature of the gas within them can take rocket-like shapes. the dispersion of extra gas as it does this can create aerial phenomena such as apparent wormholes and spirals. nothing to see here people. LOL

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   

more like 'the ufo forum' trolls 'scientific' explanations for these events in a demonstration of how gullible people can be when a doctorate is applied to a publicly released statement.

out of all the replies, only 2 people did'nt question your op.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   
I couldn't read it all when it was posted earlier. I did wonder if the OP was making a haha, certifiable, or a jackass (I can say jackass cant I?) and now have the suspicion that all 3 are true at the same time.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by The GUT

can we get to discussing the video now? what good explanations do we have for these sightings in the video? and i would say, seeing them in person creates a totally euphoric effect that strikes u like "ok we dont have any craft that can do that". if you've ever seen them you know what im talking about. I think without a doubt we are in the presence of an alien/extra dimensional race of beings.

what you guys think?

as the saying goes. smart ppl seem like certifiable ppl, to dumb ppl. i dont know who said it, but i like it. lol

but in your defense.. all you said is true. it was for hahas and because im a jackass at times. indeed i must be crazy and i would have it no other way.. sanity is boring.. and ridiculously overrated.. LOL

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Okay...you're growing on me. Seems to be happening to me a lot these days. Folk growing on me that is.

new topics

top topics

join