It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

McCain calls Morsi ouster a coup d’etat

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   
THE REAL JOHN McCAIN

Lots of folks do not know the REAL history of Johnny McCain. They do not know for instance, that he was responsible for starting the fire on the aircraft carrier Forestall in the Vietnam War. Nor do they know his father and grandfather were the highest admirals in the navy in their respective times and that his father intervened when he could not become carrier qualified to be able to fly in Vietnam. They do not know about his whore mongering or the fact that he received preferential treatment by the North Vietnamese and is almost universally shunned by other prisoners who were there.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:30 PM
link   

I guess John figures elections are a national suicide-pact. If things are going very badly and off the rails, his concept of values demands the legitimate Government be respected and left in place no matter what.
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I guess according to John the war monger, we can elect a government who can later changes their political agenda and go against their own people, declare Marshal law, and remove their constitutional rights. However, since it was legitimately elected by the people, they have no right to change their minds and remove a corrupt government?

John McCain also declared his support for the "heart eating rebels" in Syria, who many have aligned themselves with Al Quaida, the same "terrorists" who McCain declares he's against. With statements and actions like this, you have to question whether our elected officials are secretly planning the demise of our country.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

He is an odd sort, isn't he? When it's a normal person acting the way he does, they call it mentally unstable w/ questionable judgement. When someone is a Senator, they just call it seniority.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
THE REAL JOHN McCAIN

Lots of folks do not know the REAL history of Johnny McCain. They do not know for instance, that he was responsible for starting the fire on the aircraft carrier Forestall in the Vietnam War. Nor do they know his father and grandfather were the highest admirals in the navy in their respective times and that his father intervened when he could not become carrier qualified to be able to fly in Vietnam. They do not know about his whore mongering or the fact that he received preferential treatment by the North Vietnamese and is almost universally shunned by other prisoners who were there.

Of course he received preferential treatment by the NVA, they knew who his father was and desperately tried to get him to male propaganda videos. He chose to remain a prisoner rather than make the videos in exchange for his freedom. That's valor. He isn't that same John now though, he's just a liberal who pretends to be a good conservative in a red state.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

I believe that preferential treatment largely ended for him when he told them to get stuffed on their early release offer. Yes, that took courage and valor, Truckloads of it. He could have been out of Vietnamese airspace in hours but willingly chose to stay among the rest of the men because of honor, which meant something back then.

The one and only thing about McCain's Vietnam service that pisses me off ..and this really does, because he talks like some authority on the subject on the other hand. He still claims he didn't break as a Prisoner of War under the "Tender Mercies" of the North Vietnamese and others. As his medical records showed, released during his run for the White House, he did sustain life long physical injuries from his time there ...so he didn't just turn collaborator or something, even if someone would suggest that. He got the treatment and everyone breaks eventually. Everyone. Prisoner records indicate that and history of war has proven that.

That's just a minor thing tho. A pet peeve... I believe the military now trains 96 hours or something to hold out for instead of the mind screwing doctrine of "never break".

Too bad he didn't remain the man Captain McCain was. Senator McCain is a weasel.

edit on 7-7-2013 by Wrabbit2000 because: minor correction

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   

He's a total stooge. And his same sex partner Lindsey Graham is just as backwards as he is.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

If you bothered to read the linked page, you would see that his fellow POW's dispute that he turned down the special treatment. You would read that he got a hotel room furnished with 2 prostitutes for everything he was telling the North Vietnamese. You would read that he was segregated from the other prisoners and always appeared in fresh, clean clothes and appeared comfortable among the North Vietnamese Army officers. You would read that the North Vietnamese called him the songbird and that he appeared in 32 North Vietnamese propaganda videos. You would read that he was referred to as a North Vietnamese ace because he lost three of our planes on routine non-combat sorties. Not to mention all the damage he caused to the USS Forestall where 168 men died after he wet started the engine on his A4 which ignited a rocket on the plane behind him and started a horrible fire.

The words honor and valor should never be associated with John McCain.

edit on 7-7-2013 by groingrinder because: EDITED FOR TRUTH!

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

Save it.

Did you care what the swift boat vets said about Kerry?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Didn't think we would ever get rid of our old timer. Who really thinks that someone like this is going to accomplish anything??

(I agree with what he is speaking against but he was way past gone by then)

...nuff said

edit on 7/8/1313 by Martin75 because: added

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:56 AM
link   

What gave you the impression I didn't click and look over your story? I just think very little of what it says or it's credibility since you make a point of mentioning it now.

I put a fair degree of effort into learning about John McCain personally and not just as a Presidential candidate at the time, but also as a combat veteran and P.O.W. of the U.S. Navy. My Father was 2 tours in Vietnam (Navy) and training for a third when Nixon turned off the war, so learning about it has been a real strong interest of mine. You might say I likely owe my existence to the war ending...lol

Anyway, I didn't come across anything from credible or reputable sources ..including direct accounts of the men imprisoned with McCain in Hanoi, that corroborate what your link there says about his background. The charges would actually be quite serious and actionable with prosecution to this day, if true. Few charges in the United States criminal system carry absolutely no statute of limitations. That happens to fall right in line to at least one and possibly 2 or 3 of them.

Why wouldn't the people with such proof have acted on it? After all, this is still a sitting U.S. Senator with rather dramatic powers by virtue of his decades of seniority within Congress. Even with Republicans out of power, he still holds a very powerful position.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

I only agree with him on one thing. Stop sending Military aid to Egypt.

Who's gonna pay the Egyptian Army to protect the demonstrators from the Muslim brotherhood and stop them getting back into power? You've also got the problem of a lot of peed off unpaid soldiers. Still it was nice to see the Egyptian Airforce spending some of that 1.5 billion in aircraft displays yesterday.

I don't know if I'm being stupid. If I am feel free to point it out. But we have pro democracy supporters in their millions wanting to oust the democratically elected Morsi by Military coup. This is the same military that is basically funded by America. The pro democracy supporters then say, they want America to butt out. Does that mean the aid to the Army too?

What do the pro democracy supporters want?, who is representing them? Do they want US aid or not? Do they want the military to stay in power? How do they intend to accommodate the millions of Muslims in the country, not part of the pro democracy group?
edit on 8-7-2013 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Save it.

They are peas from the same pod. They do not care about us or work for our benefit.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

When your father and grandfather before him were . admiral in the Navy, lots of white washing can get done. I believe the powerful are not held accountable like the common citizen. McCains immature show off action killed 168 men on the Forestall. Some hero.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I call the behavior of Senator McCain and the rest of his corporate serving cohorts in congress as evidence of them being willing accomplices in an ongoing coup d'etat of the United States of America.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Why does anybody care what this bloodthirsty jackass has to say?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZONTAR

No idea. My dad lived in Tucson and says they can't wait till he retires.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Save it.

They are peas from the same pod. They do not care about us or work for our benefit.

Amen to that, no argument.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
What do the pro democracy supporters want?, who is representing them? Do they want US aid or not? Do they want the military to stay in power? How do they intend to accommodate the millions of Muslims in the country, not part of the pro democracy group?
edit on 8-7-2013 by woodwardjnr because: (no reason given)

They want our support, they don't want us meddling in their affairs which, historically we have done. I think they want our support but don't want to be looking like they are just lackeys of the U.S. Egypt is the vital country in the Arab world after Saudi Arabia for the U.S. to have great relations with. We need to support them however we can. We have played the whole Arab Spring wrongly IMO, not supporting those who truly wanted Democracy, for example he MB in Egypt but other places as well. The MB just wanted power and used elections to get that power.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:32 PM
link   

When your father and grandfather before him were . admiral in the Navy, lots of white washing can get done. I believe the powerful are not held accountable like the common citizen. McCains immature show off action killed 168 men on the Forestall. Some hero.

Would you like to back ANYTHING you're claiming here? ..or is this just about trashing the good name of John McCain for his war record and accomplishments during that time period? I happen to have read and watched accounts of the fire on the USS Forestall along with McCain's role in it. It wasn't a big secret event. They had deck cameras rolling to capture the whole thing, as quality for those went in those days.

Basically, you're among Vets and the family of Vets for some of us. Your accusations about John McCain would be serious, if any truth were contained within them. Personally, I think you're repeating lies and damned lies at that. It's offensive, both personally as the Son of a man who served the same Navy, during the same years and in the same area as John McCain but also as an American.

You see, we have precious few Americans who came from that war with decent history of background for conduct to say they were heroes. John McCain is one of them...unless you can support ANY of your claims. Otherwise? Nice shot at an American Military hero...but I'll call it a major swing and miss to a ball that doesn't even exist.

* I mention John McCain's 'Good Name' and I don't mean Senator McCain, to clarify. He wouldn't know a good name today if he dropped 10 and bought one. No, I mean his conduct and record as a combat veteran of this nation in time of war.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZONTAR

Why does anyone care? John McCain is among the most senior members of the U.S. Congress (Senate to be specific...the more powerful of the two sides). Congress is 1/3rd of this Government, which makes him among the most power individual men this nation currently has serving in elected office. His impact of policy is dramatic whether he's in the party currently in power or not.

BTW.... We shouldn't have to care, and that's a fact. He's been in his current Senate Seat since 1983. LONG Past polite retirement, I think.

That's why.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join