It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The McMinnville case revisited - The suspension thread is here

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: SPECULUM

originally posted by: clt1994
a reply to: SPECULUM

i want proof first.

heres the truck from where the mirror came of trents

Heres a ford mirror

tossing it straight up in the air and snapping the photo just at the point before it fell, was all that was needed....Flinging it with a clay pigeon thrower would really get it out there

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

thats still not solid concrete proof the disc in the photo was the mirror. While it MAY be possible, i'd want to see someone successfully reproduce the ufo using the same camera, then i'll believe it.

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 08:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

originally posted by: Blue Shift

originally posted by: CarlGrove
If I had faked pictures like that I would have made sure that any suspicious wires supportiing the model would have been totally out of shot, and removed afterwards.

Researchers who talked to the Trents were generally very kind in noting that one of the best arguments about the photos being legitimate was that the Trents themselves were not all that bright to begin with.

Good point. Were the Trents even mentally capable of planning and pulling off such a hoax?

Ahhh...the classic "they were too stupid" argument. Gosh dangit! All those fancy drawings and whatnot were all fer nutten.

That was so funny.. Perhaps it's time for you to be a comedian, rather than wasting time here.

We'd also need to take motivation into account. What really do the trents have to gain from hoaxing the photo? They certainly didn't die with tons of riches....

True, but lonely people need attention in their old age. this Guaranteed it...Instant fame and notoriety for as long as it would last

posted on Aug, 24 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

thats still not solid concrete proof the disc in the photo was the mirror. While it MAY be possible, i'd want to see someone successfully reproduce the ufo using the same camera, then i'll believe it.

what gives it away was the bend in the antenna and the dark black image of the mirrored bottom

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: clt1994

That was so funny.. Perhaps it's time for you to be a comedian, rather than wasting time here.

Perhaps. But seriously think about what you are saying. You are saying that they were too dumb to hang something by a fishing line, take a picture of it and claim it was a UFO. That's pretty dumb. Do you recken they had an 8th grade education?

We'd also need to take motivation into account. What really do the trents have to gain from hoaxing the photo? They certainly didn't die with tons of riches....

Stupid people don't need motivation to do stupid things. Stupid is as stupid does...

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 02:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian

Perhaps. But seriously think about what you are saying. You are saying that they were too dumb to hang something by a fishing line, take a picture of it and claim it was a UFO. That's pretty dumb. Do you recken they had an 8th grade education?

Stupid people don't need motivation to do stupid things. Stupid is as stupid does...

Thats a good question. What education did they have? And secondly, I'm saying it's a possibility. Nothing's definitive here. Including the wire theory.

And that logic might be true, but not in this case. Because if they hoax this, they did it well. No stupidity here (at least on the CON artists side), just smart but deceptive tricks.

You can't tell me that theres no motivation involved, in planning the supposed hoax, by precisely creating a fake UFO scene using a truck mirror, fishing line plus choosing a precise angle to hang the model and shoot the photo and creating a cover story for the media and be consistent with it, thats including any participants of the hoax as well.
edit on 25-8-2015 by clt1994 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   
The motivation could have been anything from boredom to a fifty dollar bet. The ONLY evidence that means anything is the photos which are consistent with something hanging off a wire. People pull off hoaxes and all kinds of silly tricks constantly. Look at YouTube and even here. Your question should be why do people hoax things like this in general? This wouldn't exactly be unique behavior amongst UFO hoaxers.

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I wouldn't be certain that the Trents couldn't have pulled off a hoax, but I am saying that if it is a hoax, then it is not a wing mirror hanging on one of those power lines. There is no significant sag on either of the lines, which would of course have proven the case beyond doubt. Of course, if they were serious hoaxers, they might have rigged up a temporary line above the power lines and out of frame, and supported a mirror on that--I'm surprised nobody has suggested this. As for throwing up an object and trying to snap it at just the right instant with an old folder with a slow shutter speed -- twice-- on a single roll of 120 film, no way!

posted on Aug, 25 2015 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: CarlGrove

I believe it was something similar to the lid on this canning pot found by SeenMyShare in This thread
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b79c38caea7b.jpg[/atsimg]
The Trents would likely of had access to one of these.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 02:45 AM
link   
This controversy is precisely why I would need to see a flying disc for myself before I believe 100% that they exist. If that ever happens, then whether the McMinnville photos are genuine or not would be an irrelevance to me.

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Mogget
This controversy is precisely why I would need to see a flying disc for myself before I believe 100% that they exist. If that ever happens, then whether the McMinnville photos are genuine or not would be an irrelevance to me.

Certainly, we have come to realize that images of any kind, all by themselves, are pretty lousy evidence. Most of the time we can't even figure out what they're evidence of. So it would be nice to have that flying saucer show up right before your very eyes. However, after many years and after seeing many magicians and optical illusions, I'm not sure I would trust my own senses enough to form a definitive opinion about it.

edit on 26-8-2015 by Blue Shift because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

Of course, many people have had UFO and other experiences, and said "I never believed in _____ but now I've seen it myself and I know it's true." What is seen or otherwise experienced may be an illusion, or a hallucination caused by something we just don't understand, but the fact remains that something very strange is going on in our world, and we need to start investigating it seriously -- i.e. getting beyond the search for "proof" and the endless arguments between "believers" and "sceptics."

posted on Aug, 26 2015 @ 04:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: CarlGrove
... but the fact remains that something very strange is going on in our world...

Which is why I've kind of developed my oft-stated position that the strange stuff is very possibly stuff that is just outside our level of perception and understanding. Maybe if we were 1,000 times smarter or could see other kinds of energies besides electromagnetism, it would be perfectly simple and clear. Unfortunately, we're just clever monkeys made of meat. We're not even smart enough to know how dumb we are.

posted on Aug, 27 2015 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: Blue Shift

I agree with the reservations that some people do have some kind of innate sensitivity to these other stimuli; and that maybe that fact in itself suggests that we do have the potential to be more than just clever apes. Unfortunately, most of us can't be bothered to make the effort.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join