learn more

The McMinnville case revisited - The suspension thread is here

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mogget
Previous analysis of these photographs has indicated that this is strong evidence that the object is large, and at a considerable distance from the camera. There is also evidence of a slight "haze" around the object, which supports this conclusion.
edit on 10-7-2013 by Mogget because: (no reason given)

That mainly was the conclusion of Hartmann in 1967, but based only on a quick radiometric approach.

Our geometric and radiometric analysis shows that, at the contrary, the object appears to be at a close distance from the camera and relatively small.

The analysis can be read here

Extracts:

The 1st part shows how, using adapted interactive tools, one may prove that the explanation of a model hanging from a thread is by far the most probable one, in the absence of irrefutable proof. This study, however, did not uncover the presence of a thread in the pictures.

The 2nd part, written up after having integrated a specific and original detection tool into the IPACO software, uncovered the presence of a suspension thread in both pictures, which should put an end to the study of this case file.

It has therefore been established that all the measurements are strongly consistent with the explanation of a small model (ca. 0.5 ft) hanging from the power wire (ca. 3 ft below), with a swaying movement between both shots describing an angle of ca. 17°, away from the camera lens, in the vertical plane of the UFO’s sighting line.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I think the photos below from your report are pretty interesting. The overlay of the Trent and LIFE photos clearly show the lower wire dipping down from the weight of something in the original UFO photos. The spot of the wire bowing in both photos is above the location of the object below. The upper wire aligns with both photos. The lower wire aligns in both photos outside of the area of the UFO. I'd be interested in what the believers think of that.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Ectoplasm8
The overlay of the Trent and LIFE photos clearly show the lower wire dipping down from the weight of something in the original UFO photos.

I think it only looks like that. But it can be just uneven wire.

posted on Oct, 20 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Ectoplasm8

Here is my comparison of wires. Source of the photos - Bruce Maccabee's website (brumac.8k.com...). I put wires as parallel as possible and close one to another - to better see the difference. I think it's clearly visible that wires looks curved differently in different places. So I don't think it's the evidence that it's because something is hanging on them.

Wires above the object

Detail:

Full size:

Wires below the object

Detail:

Full size:

elevenaugust
This thread is a continuation of my previous one dedicated to this case: "The McMinnville case revisited - New analysis online.
- Vertical thread function for evidence of a suspension thread

This last one was successfully used on the MnMinnville photo for trying to detect if there was any suspension thread. The full methodology can be read here and the final McMinnville report can be downloaded here.

I did an enhancements of the photos in Photoshop (using Image -> Adjustments -> Curves...) and what I have found is that this is some kind of stain on the negative. In short - I think that your software correctly recognized suspicious pixels, but it is not a suspension thread. Here is my result:

Detail of enhanced Photo 1 (crops from the original size, no resizing)

Stain:

Stain and guides from your picture, overlayed one above another:

For comparison:

Detail of enhanced Photo 2 (crop from the original size, no resizing)

No gray pixels, no suspicious signs of possible wires:

edit on 20-10-2013 by sergejsh because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join