It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well I'll be.........Andy Murray has done it

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Knobby

Originally posted by hotel1

Originally posted by Rikku
yay! now we can all go back to having zero interest in tennis for the next 50 weeks.

With you on that one, it is a very dull game apart from the women's expulsion of air when they serve which is greatly enhanced if you watch it while playing some Barry White or Tom Jones.

Why on earth did you post this if you don't even like the game ?

I would have thought that was obvious but I can lay it down for you. This was an incredible sporting achievement that I truly believed would not happen, and my starting a thread was my acknowledgement of this players success and humble way of saying how pleased I was to be proved wrong. It is not necessary for me to find something personally interesting to be able to acknowledge an epic performance. I hope this has answered your question.
edit on 8-7-2013 by hotel1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:20 AM
link   
Let me guess Andy Murray has done it, because his British and sports are rigged, an defeat for Andy Murray would be rather to hard for the British, but thats ok its not the first time that Andy Murray has done it right?

Andy Murray wins men's singles Olympics tennis gold

Just like that pathetic soccer game between Serbia and Croatia heck that wasn't even soccer.
edit on 12-7-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
Yes well done Murray, deserved victory. Was just a bit embarrassing having all the MP's there, just waiting to pounce on his victory to support their own agenda. sad how obvious their petty charades are .

The reason those all the MP's were there is to make sure he would win meaning the fix for him to win was already in see my post on this.

posted on Jul, 13 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I haven't yet heard any of the England cricket team yet being described as being British. The media continues to describe them as English. And if they win their competition, I doubt if the Prime Minister will go see them either.

It's no wonder some Scots want independence.

I saw the BBC documentary on Murray during the week. What a thoughtful guy. You wouldn't be ashamed to have him as a friend in real life, would you ? No airs and graces at all. One of us. That's very much a typical Scottish thing though ... your family & friends will do anything to help you succeed ... just so long as you don't forget where you come from and who wiped your backside !

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
Let me guess Andy Murray has done it, because his British and sports are rigged, an defeat for Andy Murray would be rather to hard for the British, but thats ok its not the first time that Andy Murray has done it right?

Andy Murray wins men's singles Olympics tennis gold

Just like that pathetic soccer game between Serbia and Croatia heck that wasn't even soccer.
edit on 12-7-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

Allow me to reassure you that as Brits we are accustomed to sporting disappointments
. As a nation we do punch above our weight in the international sporting arena but if you check any of the sports almanacs it should be obvious that there is nothing unfamiliar about defeat to us. I am not sure what point you are trying to make my Canadian friend and ally, and apologise if I am being obtuse.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by hotel1

Yes just like Andy Murray has done it and own the gold medal during the Olympics in London to? i find that rather convenient.

From the thread op.

the first British Wimbledon champion since nineteen thirty six.

This would have being rather an major disappointment if the great Andy Murray would have lost to an peasant, small christian/Serb nation of Serbia.

Lets not forget whom was present at the British Wimbledon champion, David Cameron was there and was were those MPs of his and few liberals from what i heard and also present the Serbian Prime Minster.

Its easy to suggest that the MPs and others have made sure that Andy Murray would win the British Wimbledon champion, without even breaking an sweat or at least trying to act as if he is.

Djokovic didn't play his best at the British Wimbledon champion, just like that time at the Olympics in London.

edit on 14-7-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I remember watching the final too - It was pretty great stuff in all honesty, I was on the edge of my seat. He beat the number 1 player in the world in 3 straight sets.. not an easy thing to do at all, in any sport that is. Also take into consideration the sheer amount of pressure on his shoulders with the entire nation watching, along with his loss in the final exactly a year previously and much more too.. well done to the guy. Work hard get's you there and he seemed to thoroughly deserve it.

A rather down to earth guy as well might I add. A rarity.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

It was pretty great stuff in all honesty, I was on the edge of my seat. He beat the number 1 player in the world in 3 straight sets.. not an easy thing to do at all, in any sport that is. Also take into consideration the sheer amount of pressure on his shoulders with the entire nation watching, along with his loss in the final exactly a year previously and much more too.

he knew he would win from the start.

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

he knew he would win from the start.

If you can post some proof, I'm sure more would believe you. But, as you haven't.. and as I know you can't.. I suggest you get used to facing skepticism.

For now, I'm going to continue supporting a great, genuine achievement from a rather quiet, shy, humble human being who's worked hard to get where he is.. That as opposed to living in negativity and trying to bring everyone down to such a level. I'm also not going to reply to this kind of nonsense further as It's dragging this thread - one celebrating an achievement - downhill towards unwanted territory. Something I#d suggest others do also. Unless of course some actual proof of claims can be produced that is. So from here on out.. congrats Murray, and let's continue to congratulate him.

posted on Jul, 15 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter
reply to post by hotel1

Yes just like Andy Murray has done it and own the gold medal during the Olympics in London to? i find that rather convenient.

From the thread op.

the first British Wimbledon champion since nineteen thirty six.

This would have being rather an major disappointment if the great Andy Murray would have lost to an peasant, small christian/Serb nation of Serbia.

Lets not forget whom was present at the British Wimbledon champion, David Cameron was there and was were those MPs of his and few liberals from what i heard and also present the Serbian Prime Minster.

Its easy to suggest that the MPs and others have made sure that Andy Murray would win the British Wimbledon champion, without even breaking an sweat or at least trying to act as if he is.

Djokovic didn't play his best at the British Wimbledon champion, just like that time at the Olympics in London.

edit on 14-7-2013 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

So where does the US open come into this grand conspiracy of yours? Did Cameron phone Obama and say 'Do us a favour, mate'?

Murray was simply the best player on the day. It could have been different if you remember his semi final.

Going back to our PM, he has attended a few sporting events where the Brits have lost out, so your point is pretty moot.

And could you also list the MPs that were present for the game? I only saw one and that was the leader of the opposition, Ed Milliband.

So...was Djorkovic threatened or bribed...the ball is in your court. And please come up with sources.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join