It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I have a ghost in my room, just wanted to share my experience.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I live in a small one room studio apartment, it was an old garage that has been converted into a house. My place is in the middle of the desert with no close neighbors at all. At first I thought I was just imagining this creepy feeling I have been having night after night. The other night I was cooking dinner, and I felt a very cold spot on my arm then fingers touched me.

I have had four different people who don't know each other get a feeling as well and all four of them say they feel something creepy in my room. Three of them said they feel they can sense it near my sink and that is where I feel a cold spot, and was touched.

I really just wanted to share my experience and see if anyone has had similar and what steps did you take to try and communicate with it ? I am not frightened of it, nor do I sense that is is evil but I do get a sense of someone hanging themself back when this place was a garage.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   
I don't recommend trying to communicate with it. Find a psychic medium or shaman to do a cleansing of your space.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:31 AM
link   
First off, comunicating with a spirit can be problematic if it is truely a ghost. I do not recomend quiji boards or anything of the like. As they can lead to unwanted "experiances" and often times will not work at all. What i can recomend is a good quality tape recorder used while no background noise or other white noises should be audiable I.E turn off all tvs, electronics, your Air Conditioner and things that produce noise that we as humans natural tune out after being around them for so long. sit or stand near your sink with the recorder on and ask it questions simple stuff like what is your name, why are you here, and whatever else you might think of. Please do not try and provoke it into a response either it will or it wont and you might not be able to tell untill after you have listened to the entire recording. just a thought of something you might be able to do to help with your situation.

I personally have found that if the "whatever" is causing no problems other then some cold drafts and or spots it is not always prudent to try and contact them. just live and let unlive if will.

hope this helps and i look forward to hearing about what you decide to do and also any possible outcomes that might present themselves to you.

thank you and good day/night depending on your location in this universe.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by starshift

That is good advice, I will have to do some searching for one.. Thank you for your input

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by crimsongod21

I would never consider a ouija board, but I have a tablet with a high quality recorder I am going to try and do an evp session tonight, I will post back if anything is found. Thank you for your comment.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by desertguy

I frequently have spirit encounters where I am living at the moment. A lot of touching and movement of objects these days, but I am kind of used to it. It has been happening my entire life in one form or another. It sounds like you are getting some sense of what is there already. If it is disturbing to you, or feels threatening, I would look into a cleansing of some sort, however if it is non threatening, I would just leave it alone and allow it to be. If you start picking up a lot of sadness or depression, and it feels like it is "not yours" meaning you have no reason to feel this way, then find someone to come in and take a look, but I have found a lot of the time it is best not to stir the pot.

Not all spirits are lost or threatening, they are just kind of letting you know they are there, unless something else starts to happen. I would give it acknowledgement and ask it to stop if it is bugging you, and if it does not bother, let it be.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
They don't exist and no one can prove they do.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by DPrice

How about they do exist and no one can prove they don't.

Your comment can work both ways.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by DPrice

That's your opinion buddy. I can relate many stories of paranormal experiences. For example, currently in my father's house, he and the people who live there can attest to multiple paranormal ghost-like experiences where they have either heard loud noises, seen things move around or felt being touched by invisible things. This has been going on sporadically for years.

The phenomenon is as real as you and I typing about the validity of it here. Ask me more and I will share.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

That is a good point I never looked at it that way...

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
reply to post by DPrice

How about they do exist and no one can prove they don't.

Your comment can work both ways.

There was an article on cracked.com that pretty much put it down to certain air frequencies in specifically shaped rooms.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

More more more more more......

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DPrice

Would like to read that article if you can find it.
Something I have noticed about lighthouses and towers.
They seem to hold onto some forms of energy much better than a house does.

That could apply in such a place.
edit on 7-7-2013 by Darkblade71 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Cracked.com is a very credible source..

Anyway, I would also advise AGAINST an Ouija board. I would however try to communicate. You don't need anything special, just say what you want to say out loud. Growing up I lived in a haunted house and it worked for my dad. I can relay the story if you like, but I am trying to keep my posts short and concise.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by UrbanMonkeyOne

Please point out what the article got wrong. Oh wait you didn't read it.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by desertguy

Unlike others here, I don't think attempting to communicate with the spirit is a bad thing. Yes, it can be problematic -- but only if the spirit is mischievous or malicious. You should be able to determine this by the quality of your encounters and how your "feel" when the spirit is around.

Best way to attempt spirit contact is through direct voice. You can use a recording device to pick up on any communication, but you can also ask the spirit to produce phenomenon to confirm they are there (rapping, tapping, moving something, creating sounds, manifestations). You can also use a pendulum and ask questions that way -- some people find pendulums akin to Ouija boards but that's never been my experience, and I am totally against Ouija boards. There are a lot of good articles on the web on how to use a pendulum -- books too.
edit on 9-7-2013 by Brigidshine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 05:24 PM
link   
If you ask me, I would be more afraid living in a garage turned studio apartment out in the desert in the middle of nowhere. All it would take is a psychotic drifter looking for water and your ghost would be the last thing to worry about.

If you truly think it's a ghost I would wait until you see an apparition of some sort, to official claim it in your mind as a ghost.
I make a living out of hot and cold spots in a homes and it has nothing to do with ghosts.
Feeling things is also part of your nervous system that can act up.
Just last night my muscle in my arm started twitching. Was it a Ghost or just something biological?
oh there goes a little twitch spasm on the side of my knee, Happens more times than you realized but it's like a sore thumb when it hurts it seems like you always hit it. Fact is you always hit your thumb and never notice it until it is hurting.
same with being touched,

You can also give your friend ghost a name. You can always talk to it. ghost or no ghost many normal people talk with their past loved ones in the hopes that they are listening.
Best advice is be the boss and alpha dog of your home.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysteryskeptic
If you ask me, I would be more afraid living in a garage turned studio apartment out in the desert in the middle of nowhere. All it would take is a psychotic drifter looking for water and your ghost would be the last thing to worry about.

If you truly think it's a ghost I would wait until you see an apparition of some sort, to official claim it in your mind as a ghost.
I make a living out of hot and cold spots in a homes and it has nothing to do with ghosts.
Feeling things is also part of your nervous system that can act up.
Just last night my muscle in my arm started twitching. Was it a Ghost or just something biological?
oh there goes a little twitch spasm on the side of my knee, Happens more times than you realized but it's like a sore thumb when it hurts it seems like you always hit it. Fact is you always hit your thumb and never notice it until it is hurting.
same with being touched,

You can also give your friend ghost a name. You can always talk to it. ghost or no ghost many normal people talk with their past loved ones in the hopes that they are listening.
Best advice is be the boss and alpha dog of your home.

We have had this place for 30 years never had a break in plus we have a dog and an alarm system.

I don't think four different people saying the same thing is a part of a nervous system acting up, I don't talk to it nor haven't done an EVP session yet but I may soon.
edit on 9-7-2013 by desertguy because: pushed button before I wrote anything

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by DPrice

Originally posted by UrbanMonkeyOne

Please point out what the article got wrong. Oh wait you didn't read it.

I did read it, I just don't believe everything they post as it is after all a "humor/satire" site. I read it myself quite a bit, but I wouldn't use it as a sound source of information. So, just like your assumption I didn't read something, it is an assumption that all of these things are explainable. You can't explain it away to someone who has seen something. If someone hasn't it's much easier for them to pass it off with "occam's razor" and Gases/Frequencies/Confirmation bias.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join