It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police are called after a woman is heard yelling, "STOP! NO!"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Police Called To Investigate Fight.

“One of the neighbors had heard somebody yelling — a female yelling … she was possibly being hit — yelling, ‘Stop! No!’” Anderson told WWJ Newsradio 950′s Marie Osborne.

The concerned party also said that, in between shouts, she heard a repeated loud noise.

So neighbors hear a woman yelling, "Stop! No!".

In-between the screams, they also heard loud noises which they assumed were the sounds of a man physically beating a woman.

After an investigation, it was clear to police that something "didnt smell right", but there wasnt much that they could do.

Someone should pass laws against this kind of thing.

Edit* People, lighten up... Everyday above ground is a good day...

edit on 7-7-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by gladtobehere

It is a good thing that people call when they hear screams, even if it ends up being something as stupid as what this was. More people should step up and call the police, because if they did instead of turning a blind eye/ear, there would be a lot less battered women in the world.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The answer my friend is blowing in the wind, sounds like that neighbour gave the police a bum steer.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Obviously, I was expecting it to be something silly, otherwise you wouldn't have even posted it, but it's even stupider for you to not post the concluding results.

[align=center][color=AFE346]No one should have to click on that link,

only to find out that the woman's

[color=AFE346]boyfriend had gas.[/align]

edit on 7/7/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

On a more serious note, we have to rely on ourselves. I would suggest owning and training with a firearm.

Whats the saying, "when seconds count, police are minutes away".

In addition, the police are not required to protect you.

edit on 7-7-2013 by gladtobehere because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

No need to insult or name call.

I have confidence in the ability of ATS-ers to determine the full content of this news report.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I deal with the police rather frequently with my job, and a lot of it has to do with violence in the home. It has been my experience that they act rather fast, or at least here they do, to which I am grateful as I have had to hold people (well one person) down until the police arrived and he got tazed while biting my co worker while the police were coming in the door.

I don't and will not probably ever own a gun. At least not while I have a child in my home. I guess I just put more trust and credit in the local police department than a lot of people do.

My point was though that people should call when they hear screams of STOP!! NO!!! or HELP!! as they could be saving someones life.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Great tabloid style posting , make a boring story seem more intersting just to get people read it

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The whole thing is ridiculous.

Talk about a thread that belongs on 'below top secret' or even better how about 'Before It's News'!

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
If you hear a scream then you can scream back. Why wait for police to come tell you something stinks.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

This was a boring story? By whos standards, Howard Stern's?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by 2getherwestand

You sure know a lot for a newer member.

May I ask your previous screen name?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

I've heard of the website - Before It's News. Is Below Top Secret a real thing? I just made that up, or so I thought.

I was just giving you a hard time. Peace.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Perhaps more appropriate in the joke forum instead of in current events...

what with you linking the Malawi law which may or may not ban public flatulence.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere
reply to post by PhoenixOD

This was a boring story? By whos standards, Howard Stern's?

Anyone over the age of 8 id say.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by gladtobehere

No need to insult or name call.

I have confidence in the ability of ATS-ers to determine the full content of this news report.

I did neither. If you wanna share a story, then share the whole story, not just the beginning. Without it's punchline, a joke is pointless.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Gosh oh Golly yet another Upbeat Cop story with a funny ending! Haha whooo and darn if flatulence that old staple of childish humor is such a comedic twist!

Thanks Media!

(sarcasm noted...)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
A similar scenario happened in my neighborhood once. I was living in an apartment which overlooked a street lined with houses. It was night and I was getting ready to sleep, when a woman’s desperate voice started screaming. "HELP ME, HELP ME .... OH GOD, SOMEBODY PLEASE HELP ME!" She was screaming at the top of her lungs, and it sounded as if she was screaming for her life.

I scrambled to get dressed, ran out the door and across the street. It seemed to be coming from one house in particular, but I wasn't really sure. Next thing I knew the street was filled with other people who had heard the screaming. No one could pinpoint where it was coming from.

The sheriffs showed up, but were unwilling to get out and walk around. They simply sat in their cruiser, and finally took off apparently thinking there was nothing to be concerned about.

It still haunts me. I wish I'd taken the initiative, you know investigated the house on my own, peaked in the windows, knocked on the door, put my ear to the walls. Not one person took the initiative that day, not even the sheriffs. I will always feel ashamed of myself and my fellow man, for assuming things were okay, when most likely they were not.

edit on 7-7-2013 by seasoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71

It is a good thing that people call when they hear screams, even if it ends up being something as stupid as what this was. More people should step up and call the police, because if they did instead of turning a blind eye/ear, there would be a lot less battered women in the world.

Just my 2 cents.

While it's true that no one should hold back if they think another person may truly be in danger, people also need to use common sense. I have extreme difficulty believing that this woman was yelling "stop, no" in the same manner as if she were being assaulted. Then again some people, I suppose, have little ear for tone and inflection. (aka dumb as a stump, aka socially retarded.)

I saw a video not long ago where cops showed up at a house due to a call over some yelling. Both the male and female appeared at the window/ door and said everything was fine, refused to open the door (as is / should be your right in the US). However, because there was suspicion of domestic violence the cops broke the door in and tazered the male.

Under most circumstances I don't answer my door for police, either. IMHO they can't always be trusted. And you never really can tell when you're dealing with a decent cop who respects privacy and just wants to make sure everything is safe and okay, or when you're dealing with the kind of cop who's going to say "Gee... what's that suspicious smell? Oh yay-- 'probable cause" and begin to enter your home the moment you open the door. I've seen that one happen both ways, too.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
i actually enjoyed this, it's a good lesson for people to visit the source and not just read what the OP has quoted. it also points out how ridiculous the "if you see something, say something" mentality is.

if i thought my neighbor was beating his wife, i wouldn't call the cops, i'd go knock on the door first. if i were greeted by an angry man and i had suspicion to believe that he was hurting her, i'd ask to see her. if he said no, i'd threaten to call the police.

if there wasn't anything going on, i would apologize for my interruption and wish the happy couple a good day.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join