It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multiple blasts rock one of holiest Buddhist sites in India

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   
This is very crazy

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

How sad. I am utterly appalled. What a downer.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by SuicideBankers

Originally posted by babybunnies

Originally posted by rickymouse
How depressing that someone is trying to destroy these sites. I like reading the sayings of Buddha, he was a very good person it seems. He tried to teach people to appreciate nature and to get along with others. How can other religions take that as a threat to them. I guess if you want to control the world, meek people get in the way. Seems like religions have always wanted to convert and dominate or kill those who do not comply. That does not actually sound like god, it sounds a little like man has often used god's name to get what he wants.

Unfortunately, religion has always tried to destroy the holy sites of other religions, back to antiquity.

I'm an atheist myself, but if I were to take up ANY sort of religion it would probably be Buddhism

Buddhism is a philosophy not a religion. No god required!

Wellll, that depends on who you ask

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 09:01 PM
link   
A real Buddhist not only tolerates but respects other religions. This is a fact. But not only does a Buddhist respect other religions but their holidays and traditions as well. That being said yes some Buddhist actually do have a god, and do certain things differently. It's more or less where you are from and what you were taught.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join