<< 1    3 >>

join

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by suz62

Originally posted by TheMagus

reply to post by mideast

These [particular ]Muslim [individuals] are predisposed to violence.

corrected

These Muslims are predisposed to violence. No one else is blowing up religious sites and other people.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TheMagus

Who's been blowing up people and religious sites for years now?

Jews?
Christians?
Buddhists?
Hindus?
Satanists?

Or

Muslims?

Pretty obvious, isn't it. < rhetorical question.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Who's been blowing up people and religious sites for years now?

Jews?
Christians?
Buddhists?
Hindus?
Satanists?

Or

Muslims?

Pretty obvious, isn't it. < rhetorical question.

or people claiming to be muslims
but as you personally know, and can confirm the religious affiliation of the bombers, these being known to you...

i'm sure the relevant authorities will wish to consult with you
[because you would NEVER ignorantly parrot statements made by the authorities, MSM, and islamophobes.
oh wait!...]

US/NATO have been bombing the crap out of everything lately
but of course those are "righteous" bombings.

and pretty obvious you didn't read the link, says everything

end of conversation.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Your information is as good as mine.

End of conversation.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
How depressing that someone is trying to destroy these sites. I like reading the sayings of Buddha, he was a very good person it seems. He tried to teach people to appreciate nature and to get along with others. How can other religions take that as a threat to them. I guess if you want to control the world, meek people get in the way. Seems like religions have always wanted to convert and dominate or kill those who do not comply. That does not actually sound like god, it sounds a little like man has often used god's name to get what he wants.

Unfortunately, religion has always tried to destroy the holy sites of other religions, back to antiquity.

I'm an atheist myself, but if I were to take up ANY sort of religion it would probably be Buddhism

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
According to intelligence services in India, the blasts are a response to conflict between Buddhists and Muslims in Myanmar.

It's the rough equivalent of Buddhists bombing the Kaaba in Mecca in response to conflict between Buddhists and Muslims in Myanmar.

In other words the action is calculated to an infantile scale, not to mention being completely irrational and causally unconnected to anything and without the power to effect anything politically in Myanmar.

If Buddhists were in conflict with Muslims in Thailand too (as they are) it could only be a matter of time before Muslim terrorists bomb the Vatican. How else can they raise the ante in a way that a 10 year old could understand?

I want to add that I have numerous Muslim friends and not one of them would ever do anything so juvenile as this. These things happen when the thug element in any conflict starts getting big ideas. I doubt if any responsible Muslim leader would endorse this sort of thing. The audience for this is the under aged jihadi up for recruitment.
edit on 7-7-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)
edit on 7-7-2013 by ipsedixit because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:33 PM
link   
This is horrific, I would expect world headlines. Ah, but which nations are extremely rich and have tremendous control over the media with their huge oil industry relations?

It was atrocious that Islamists blew up ancient Buddhist temples in Afghanistan, but this is way beyond the pale.

Then people come on the website here and blame the west?

If there are Muslims who actually believe in peace, they should be screaming about this, in wide spread denouncement, especially considering the hostilities that Islam has visited upon India over the centuries.

Considering the horrific violence Islam creates, is there any reason to respect or tolerate this religion?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by felixjames20
maybe im missing somthing but the article doesnt state it was a islamist attack, just the fact that there has been an increase in jihadist activity in the area

It's clear that Home Ministry says these been done by Indian Mujahidin ..a Islamist terrorist Group

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Que bono?

Even "Islamicists" can figure out that blowing up a statue won't cause people from another religion-especially Buddhists-to convert to Islam or lose their culture. So what was the purpose?

It looks as though someone wants another front opened up in the war against Islam. The Christians are doing the dirty work in the ME, but SEA is wide open. Buddhists and Hindus need to be riled up against Muslims. And the average people might be Buddhist and peaceful, but SEA governments are merciless.

I predict a symbolic but meaningless attack against Hindu sites soon.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:09 PM
link   
I hope they didn't get the Bohdi Zafa.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by johncarter

Again???

How many more stories like this are we to hear??

I predict very many.

It just wont stop. This Holy War is going to bring out that Nuclear Bomb one day unless by some Miraculous Intervention, this whole things stops!

Nigeria, Syria, India, Pakistan, Iraq, Egypt, Libya, Somalia....

Did i leave any Country out?

There are groups even Europe who are trying to do the same thing.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Sadly the minority, instill fear in the majority using rape, beheading, stoning, hangings anything that keeps the population in line and forces other to submit to a religion they otherwise would not join.

Why did human rights groups remain quiet when religious genocide was taking place in Bangladesh and Pakistan?

It is happening in Africa, in Egypt, in Iran, in Afghanistan, why are these other religions including Christianity being supplanted with Islam, and who is behind it?
that's the million dollar question.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Snsoc

The Christians are doing the dirty work in the ME, but SEA is wide open. Buddhists and Hindus need to be riled up against Muslims.

Bologna,

If it is the Christians why has Christianity virtually disappeared in many of these areas that are today predominately Islamic?

Why are Christian fleeing these predominantly Islamic countries?

Not a Single Christian Church Left in Afghanistan, Says State Department
October 10, 2011
- See more at: cnsnews.com...

While the new constitution states that Islam is the “religion of the state” and that “no law can be contrary to the beliefs and provisions of the sacred religion of Islam,” it also proclaims that “followers of other religions are free to exercise their faith and perform their religious rites within the limits of the provisions of the law.”

However, “the right to change one’s religion was not respected either in law or in practice,” according to the State Department.

“Muslims who converted away from Islam risked losing their marriages, rejection from their families and villages, and loss of jobs,” according to the report. “Legal aid for imprisoned converts away from Islam remains dif
- See more at: cnsnews.com...

In the intervening decade, U.S. taxpayers have spent $440 billion to support Afghanistan's new government and more than 1,700 U.S. military personnel have died serving in that country.

The last public Christian church in Afghanistan was razed in March 2010,

Interesting set of events, we invade, Christians are now gone?
edit on 093131p://bMonday2013 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
No matter the religion of the Bombers this is completely unacceptable.

IMHO this is the equivalent of bombing the Vatican....

I know a lot of ATSers here have problems with religion but I hope you can agree that some things are sacred.

This place is sacred!

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:29 PM
link   
There really isn't any hope for us... It's so sad to think that I'll never be able to take my grandchildren there...almost enough to make me cry....such a tragedy..... A great teacher once learned at that spot how easy it is to be happy and to be alive, and die die knowing you lived a good wholesome life......such a shame....I know however in my heart, no matter what the teachings will live in in the hearts in minds of all Buddhist today...A piece of history was destroyed...

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Oh wow..after further investigation I see the temple in fact is intact..my apologies..

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies

Originally posted by rickymouse
How depressing that someone is trying to destroy these sites. I like reading the sayings of Buddha, he was a very good person it seems. He tried to teach people to appreciate nature and to get along with others. How can other religions take that as a threat to them. I guess if you want to control the world, meek people get in the way. Seems like religions have always wanted to convert and dominate or kill those who do not comply. That does not actually sound like god, it sounds a little like man has often used god's name to get what he wants.

Unfortunately, religion has always tried to destroy the holy sites of other religions, back to antiquity.

I'm an atheist myself, but if I were to take up ANY sort of religion it would probably be Buddhism

Buddhism is a philosophy not a religion. No god required!

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
And there is this from November last year:

Murgan Salem al-Gohary, an Egyptian jihadist who claims he has links to the Taliban, has called for the “destruction of the Sphinx and the Giza Pyramids in Egypt."

Article

So ok hopefully the new new govt in Egypt might have a thing or two to say to this guys now the Muslim Brotherhood have lost their grip, after all they were the ones that freed him.

But the larger point is that while it is the extremists that spout these views unless 'the people' stop them religious sites will be destroyed.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:46 AM
link   
So sorry to hear. I knew about the clashes in Myanmar and Thailand, also the destroying of Buddhist statues in Afghanistan several years ago but I must say all these new groups are a surprise and do not bode well.

It appears a bunch of groups are involved:

Indian Mujahideen,
Lashkar-e-Taiba (Army of the Good, translated as Army of the Righteous, or Army of the Pure),
Rohingya radicals,
Jaish-e-Mohammed ("The Army of Muhammad"),
Harkat-ul-Jihad al-Islami ("Islamic Struggle Movement"),
Jammat-ul-Arakan (couldn't find a translation). And Maoist involvement hasn't been ruled out as well. Really hope officials get things sorted and apprehend all the radicals and extremists responsible.
edit on 9/7/2013 by Dragonfly79 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 05:56 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

As an athiest it is safe for you to take up buddhism as its not a God centered faith . They are voidist , Notthingness . No God no anything . cessation

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join