It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lake creature caught on film in Ireland

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Has anyone seen this video? People are saying it's a variety of things including debris, loch ness-ish monster or even a beluga.

Surely though, debris can't move that fast, even in a current? Although it is very weird that a person is out fishing in a suit.

What does everything think? The video was posted just over a month ago, so maybe someone has found some information I haven't seen? It's an interesting video, with an even more interesting object. Hopefully no hoax's involved!!

Michael

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Got to be fake, who goes fishing in a suit lol jokes

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I call BS. This is been on ATS before as well. It's clear to me that it's being towed by another boat off camera.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paschar0
I call BS. This is been on ATS before as well. It's clear to me that it's being towed by another boat off camera.

Surely not, how could it go underwater? Also you'd see the movement in water from the rope that they'd be using.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:03 AM
link   
This is an old video, and it was debunked. The original thread is here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
This has some info on why the guy is in the suit:

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Infest

Hm. Pretty cool video. You can clearly see that SOMETHING is there, which instantly makes it better than 90% of cryptozoology videos. However, there is absolutely nothing which insinuates that what we saw is a "monster" of any sort. Just because you personally can't identify something doesn't mean no one else can, and it certainly doesn't mean what you're seeing is a mythological beast.

edit on 7-7-2013 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infest

Surely not, how could it go underwater? Also you'd see the movement in water from the rope that they'd be using.

The boat could turn it's engine off to let the object sink, and they used fishing wire.

I'm not saying that's what happened, I'm just saying it's a perfectly simple and plausible explanation.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by HairlessApe

Wouldn't a boat cause the object to bob/weave?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by vasaga

Connell Malarkey? Isn't "malarkey" Irish for : "Bullsh*t" And even if that is his real name, he's doing a piece called "Fishing w/ David Lynch". So, I would expect to see a blue rose, or a demonic midget eating garmonbozia, or even a loch ness monster. I call "malarkey" on this vid.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   

care to point out how its clear to you that its being towed?
elaborate on that reply please

and yes this has been posted before

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by vasaga
reply to post by HairlessApe

Wouldn't a boat cause the object to bob/weave?

No.. Not necessarily. I'm not sure why you'd think it does. The object doesn't have to be buoyant to float up to the surface, it just has to have enough tension on the line between it and the boat tugging it along to drag it up until it's just under the surface. After that, just toss some blankets or a net and some seaweed, or whatever you want on top of it and you have something popping out of the water. You just have to be dragging an object with some weight to it. It's not like they were braving a storm either, there were barely even waves in the water - something weighing as little as 5 pounds would likely do the trick. (no pun intended)

If you've ever been on medium - large boat before to go fishing then I'm sure you're aware of those torpedo-shaped things they tie to the back of the boat which you can clearly see just under the surface of the water as you move forward. If you haven't been on a medium - large boat, then perhaps you've been on a small one. If that's the case, you've probably noticed that even if you don't have a bobber on your lure, your lure will float to the surface of the water if your boat is moving with a little speed. Same principle here.

edit on 7-7-2013 by HairlessApe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   
Isn't that Harry Potter?
Plus what type of animal has an uninterrupted water wake? Any normal animal wiggles or paddles or something. This thing in the video just cruises along like a boat.
edit on 7-7-2013 by dashen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

Towed with a boat 300 feet out using any available strong line....or a small steel cable, I have 3/16 steel cable from garage doors...maybe!

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashen
Isn't that Harry Potter?
Plus what type of animal has an uninterrupted water wake? Any normal animal wiggles or paddles or something. This thing in the video just cruises along like a boat.
edit on 7-7-2013 by dashen because: (no reason given)

Ducks look as if they just 'cruise' through the water...

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by GBP/JPY
reply to post by SecretKnowledge

Towed with a boat 300 feet out using any available strong line....or a small steel cable, I have 3/16 steel cable from garage doors...maybe!

I seriously doubt it's something like a steel cable. You'd see it. But there's no reason it can't be a fishing line capable of tugging 20 pounds or so along. Nothing I saw insinuates that the object needs to be heavier than that.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by birdyat101
That was the first thing I thought, who in the hell fishes in a suite.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by bdb818888

Originally posted by birdyat101
That was the first thing I thought, who in the hell fishes in a suite.

an irish fisherman with class...

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   

No, they bob up and down and wiggle bunches as they swim

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by dashen

No, they bob up and down and wiggle bunches as they swim

Yes but this thing didn't have a head to bob up and down.. If you remove the duck head, the body moves seamlessly..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join