It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Questions for ATS Regarding the U.S.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

That's true - I think under Obama Care, people actually have to spend money on health insurance in some fashion or another, even if they didn't have it before - I'm interested to see how it turns out. I know that for me, I have enough money to rent a room, buy $200 of groceries a month, pay my $150 student loan, buy gas and have a bit left over -

But actually, my parents are helping - they own my car and car insurance, and medical insurance, and cell phone plan -

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by grandmakdw

That is actually a pretty good point...

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake

Does anyone have an opinion on this? The congressional approval rating is 10% and there is almost universal disapproval of N.S.A. spying without oversight, I think people are finding it hard to see Snowden as the bad guy here - and the economy is in bad shape, as well.

I think that you have articulated the fear of many people watching what is happening. It is a cliche in the matter, but true none-the-less; history is cyclical, and by studying it we can see the potential for certain events. At this point, much of the worst-case scenarios in what you ask are still just that--potentials--they are not yet a certainty. However, with each new law passed that gives the U.S. Government more power to unilaterally act (abroad, and at home) in spite of the wishes of it's citizens, at the sake of the liberty of it's citizens, and to forcefully move against it's own citizens this becomes more possible.

It is a reactionary spiral. Those in power fear losing power, and so pass more draconian laws in an attempt to rein in the population, which causes the population to become angry, which causes more fear in those in power, who then pass more laws to control the population and so on and so forth...

These watery justification for more surveillance at home and abroad, the sweeping laws used to allow the U.S. Government to bring more and more violence down upon not only "enemies" abroad, but their own citizens, and the ever-more Government controlled/intimidated media being used to incite panic and push this agenda on a frightened and therefor more malleable public is all indicative of escalating fear and the resulting power mongering in the Elites.

We may be able to stop this train from going off of its rails without some sort of violent upheaval, but it gets less and less likely with each passing day, and reactionary law.

Lots of people have an opinion on this, which is part of why Congress has an approval rating that is certainly indicative of the deep and growing anger within the population. It is all part of that spiral.
edit on 7-7-2013 by redhorse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Oh you're fineeeee. Relax, let them confiscate guns, put troops patrolling the streets, take away your rights, put spying apparatus' in your home. No big deal. move along, there's nothing to see here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join