It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have reason to believe

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
My computer has been hacked. I was preparing a post for a thread on here when suddenly my keyboard/mouse got 'stuck' then a word, I did not type appeared after my sentence! I need a program or something to go deep and remove keystroke type deals or a way to find what is going on. My network and permission to enter my computer settings are off.

I run Vista on a Dell studio and use chrome for a browser. I know why do I care about hacking when I use such a 'spy' browser. I don't want to hear it. I want to block someone from using my computer along with me. Any ideas?
edit on 7-7-2013 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
What was the word?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:13 AM
link   
reply to post by nrd101

barf

I was posting a vid on the bluegrass thread. That word appeared after the bracket at the end of the video insert deally.
I am guessing they are not bluegrass fans.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:22 AM
link   
do you have AV/anti malware installed on your computer if not get some its free, best thing to do is to download it to another computer and transfer it after disconnecting the machine from the net so the hacker won't be able to do what they want/see what you have been upto

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
do you have AV/anti malware installed on your computer if not get some its free, best thing to do is to download it to another computer and transfer it after disconnecting the machine from the net so the hacker won't be able to do what they want/see what you have been upto

I have IObit malware already, is that similar/good enough? I am running a deep scan now.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

I've heard that going into safe mode when you boot up your system helps with your virus scans. It's never really made a difference for me personally...but just thought it'd be something worth trying.

Good luck getting the issue resolved...if there is indeed a virus there.

edit on 7-7-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha

I've heard that going into safe mode when you boot up your system helps with your virus scans. It's never really made a difference for me personally...but just thought it'd be something worth trying.

Good luck getting the issue resolved...if there is indeed a virus there.

Thanks for the reply, yeah I don't think it is a virus, I think it is an actual person, which is way worse in my mind at least. My next question is are they acting alone, or do they have a boss? If they have have a boss they made a serious mistake getting caught. If it is a person I am at a loss how to stop them. I have no idea why someone would want to sniff my panties this way, they must be bored out of their tree by now.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:49 AM
link   

Well, are you able to access any of your system information or settings--make changes to them? If no, that's a bad sign.

You can also check to see if any strange processes are running (Usually Ctrl + Alt + Delete.) You can usually tell because they take up a huge amount of memory.

In all honesty, I'm not very good with computers. I hope one of those ATS tech wizards will be along to help you out soon.

You're one of the nicest members to me in the chat room
Wouldn't want to miss out on ya.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

Thanks
I am probably exponentially more ignorant than you about computers. Most of what you said went over my head
. I am sure there is an expert on here who can help me root out the little rat.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
hacked? and they wrote a word whilst commenting on a forum?
that doesn't sound likely.
certainly give your pc a spring clean, but i don't think you have been 'hacked'.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rikku
hacked? and they wrote a word whilst commenting on a forum?
that doesn't sound likely.
certainly give your pc a spring clean, but i don't think you have been 'hacked'.

Ok what would you call it then, invaded?, haunted? Someone added a word to a post I was writing. I don't care how likely it is I saw it with my own eyes.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

The first thing I would like to see you do is, get rid of anything from IOBit. It's what I call crapware. I can't count the machines I've had to fix because of their software. Use Microsoft Security Essentials. A very minimal AV that does what its supposed to do. You can get it here. Be sure to select the right version for your OS. For now, let it run the quick scan once its installed.

Secondly, go to control panel, and then Windows Firewall. Make sure it is turned on. Then click on "restore defaults".

Next, hold down the windows key, and then tap R. Release windows key. Now type in "sfc /scannow". Note there is a space between sfc and /. This will take several minutes. Make sure it runs to 100%. If it doesn't, you may have a rootkit. Rootkit=Very bad.

Now, go here, and download Ccleaner. As you install, be sure to uncheck the google chrome/toolbar boxes. Install with default settings. On first open, select no on scanning for cookies. Go to options, advanced. Uncheck "only delete files older than 24 hours." Now click on cleaner, then applications, and uncheck "ms antimalware" and ms security client. Be sure to check the box that says, "sun java". Run Ccleaner.

Now download Malwarebytes from here. Uncheck the junkware boxes. Once it updates, run the quick scan for now. Remove whatever it finds.

These are all important steps. Don't skip them. Next, run these two Microsoft fix-its:
KB50199
KB50267
Each will require a reboot.
If you are using a static ip assigned by your isp, please write these numbers down before running KB50199. Most likely, you are not, but be sure, kb50199 will erase them.

What these steps do is, look for java exploits, and known trojans, used to gain access to a machine. Resetting the firewall closes ports that may have been opened by malware. SFC makes sure system files are intact and original. The fixits reset the tcp/ip stack to default, and resets the host file to default.

This is only a minimal cleanup and secure. If the problem persists. Please go to a local tech with a good rep. It will be worth it.

edit on 7/7/2013 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
yes...someone hacked you and wrote barf on your screen. Chances are you probably copy/pasted something you didn't mean to.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Thank you so much for your help I am following your instructions when I try this:

Next, hold down the windows key, and then tap R. Release windows key. Now type in "sfc /scannow". Note there is a space between sfc and /. This will take several minutes. Make sure it runs to 100%. If it doesn't, you may have a rootkit. Rootkit=Very bad.

A black box tries to appear, but won't so I have no idea if it is running or not, do I have rootkit?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Superhans
yes...someone hacked you and wrote barf on your screen. Chances are you probably copy/pasted something you didn't mean to.

I am not crazy or hallucinating, why would I type barf after a video I was getting ready to post?? If you can't be helpful why did you post?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Had any friends around recently who could of enabled remote desktop or installed a remote desktop type of program so they're sat there watching what you are doing and having some fun at your expense

Also be aware of people in the same room who if you have a wireless keyboard have set theirs to the same settings and so can sit behind you causing all sorts of lulz

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maxatoria
Had any friends around recently who could of enabled remote desktop or installed a remote desktop type of program so they're sat there watching what you are doing and having some fun at your expense

Also be aware of people in the same room who if you have a wireless keyboard have set theirs to the same settings and so can sit behind you causing all sorts of lulz

I have a wireless mouse, but I am on a laptop so no wireless keyboard. I am home and I live alone.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Restart your computer in safe mode.

On startup, tap F8 repeatedly until a screen appears allowing you to select safe mode with the arrow keys. Once in safe mode, run SFC again. If the box still disappears, you may very well have a rootkit.

I would rather see you take it to a good tech, than try to fix over ATS. There are too many variables I can't walk you through.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

ok continuing to follow. How do I restart in safe mode as opposed to simply restarting? I am at this step now:

These are all important steps. Don't skip them. Next, run these two Microsoft fix-its: KB50199 KB50267 Each will require a reboot. If you are using a static ip assigned by your isp, please write these numbers down before running KB50199. Most likely, you are not, but be sure, kb50199 will erase them.

I have not restarted and I downloaded all you suggested so far, plus uninstalled IOBit, so I am going to restart and then come back for the other. Lord I hope I don't have that rootkit business as I doubt there is anyone where I live skilled enough to remove it.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   

Safe mode... reboot and then press the F8 key as soon as the bios screen comes up. Push it several times as the computer begins to boot. If the computer boots to the standard Windows "loading" screen, you'll have to do it again. You are looking for a screen that offers several options for booting - one of which is safe mode.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join