It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rings Of Saturn - Possible Encoded Message?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
A giant record? Don't the groves on a record spiral in? Anyway, why not a giant 8 track?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Perhaps creating a physical copy would be too difficult and maybe the best way to decipher would be to send a satellite equipped with laser technology to scan the Rings.

It looks like blu ray would be a better choice because it is engineered to handle more data. I have limited knowledge of lasers, so possibly there may be better tech to try to utilize.

This is all, extremely hypothetical, of course.

edit on 7/8/2013 by mcx1942 because: add

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Ostracized

I don't know much about these things, but as I understand, the voice is created by compressing the air around us, so theorically there shouldnt' be any voice in space, yes?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Beautifully composed thread. Well done man.

The video of the sound of the rings...first time I heard that. Disturbingly spooky. I had to quit it at one point...it was getting to me.

Your idea is entertaining...would make a great script for a SF movie. Maybe you should try to play with it a bit...see where it gets you...If you like to write.

Since others have already mentioned the inconsistent nature of the ring...I would also think that the 3-D nature of the rings would also make it hard to replicate on a 2-D record on the vinyl....if I'm not mistaken.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

Anything you think after you came on Earth became an attempt to unfold the message from beyond. So far only I managed to read a part of it

To my surprise it were all I already knew or could come up with by myself

Futhermore, instead of message from beyond it were a message from the old mother****** I knew for eons

I nothing but had slept for too long what let them become a mysterious force

Anything you measure in Solar system were encoded by ****** morons in a hope they had touched the essence of life in order to impress the world Supreme power

The world Supreme power are nothing but your Mothers, Sisters and Foremothers - consequently, any attempt to surprise them are preliminary subject to fail

You bet the rocks in Saturn rings are moving in a forecount order, but there is nothing really interesting to find out there

Come here to read more: Godess [ me ] Please, read it all - I had struggled for so long, about hundred blogs were erased before I came up with this one
edit on 8-7-2013 by Illy7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by cheesy
wooowww cool..how can we get there like curiosity did???

Curiosity is on Mars, not Saturn.
~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Contrast and edge enhanced view showing possible arrangement of rocks of Saturn Ring_A at the moment the photo was taken by Cassini. Likely mixed with healthy dose of compression artifacts due to low quality of original image. The rocks seem to be arranged in ring-like formation from afar but the formation becomes more random at smaller scale. However this more random 'fuzz' of rocks between the clearly visible rings seem to comprise of small rocks that look to be more or less moving along a circular track which is interesting.

Original photo

edit on 9-7-2013 by PINGi14 because: clarity

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:12 AM
link   
If the rings had a message hidin with in it like the LP's of the past, where is the giant Record Player?

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

The universe itself seems to be a message - a message too large to comprehend. The origins of the universe and the manner in which gravity shaped matter into molecules, planets and stars is the ultimate mystery; a message waiting to be decoded by its' terrestrial observers.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

I will never say something is impossible but this is unlikely.

If someone put rings there, it would be more like esthetically pleasing and inspirational piece

not a message

then again......

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

The reason a needle plays through an entire song, revolution after revolution is because the "grooves" are actually ONE groove which is in a spiral formation ... which causes the needle to move inward toward the outside.. over the length of the album.

saturns rings are NOT like this.. they are not in a spiral. they are separate from one another.
in order to get any distinguishing between the elevation of each ring.. youd have to measure the distance between the ice crystals and/or debris in each ring.

youd have better luck hearing the music that saturn ALREADY produces from its hexagonal vortex at its north pole.
Eerie Sounds of Saturn's Radio Emissions,

cheers

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by prevenge
reply to post by mcx1942

The reason a needle plays through an entire song, revolution after revolution is because the "grooves" are actually ONE groove which is in a spiral formation ... which causes the needle to move inward toward the outside.. over the length of the album.

saturns rings are NOT like this.. they are not in a spiral. they are separate from one another.
in order to get any distinguishing between the elevation of each ring.. youd have to measure the distance between the ice crystals and/or debris in each ring.

youd have better luck hearing the music that saturn ALREADY produces from its hexagonal vortex at its north pole.
Eerie Sounds of Saturn's Radio Emissions,

cheers
The URL is not valid and cannot be loaded

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 04:17 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
Took me a minute to muster up the energy to sit up and get my keyboard.... but hopefully this one works. It was just a bracket missing for those who don't want to piddle with urls.

as for how it sounds... I imagine the creature from aliens and on a day like today, I find that morbidly humorous. I don't suppose i would if I were on Saturn but today it makes me smile.

I wonder what it is and I hope it's scaring the pants off of people.

edit on 9-7-2013 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:00 AM
link   
It'd be interesting to try this new theory.
Good work with the information, truly mind boggling.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:47 PM
link   
SO we just need a GIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANnnNNNNnnNTTNnnTTTTT Record player to hear it! YOUR A GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Great post , and you almost would think that when vinyl came out these rings were formed by maybe the ring-makers if exist ? I stumbled on this article that they found a star that is surrounded by Dust belts without dust, how weird could that be or how can it be that there's no collision within these belts?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 09:37 AM
link   

My theory is we should try to replicate the pattern of the Rings exactly onto a vinyl record and see if it plays anything back.
reply to post by mcx1942

I have thought about that a few times. Nice post!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mcx1942

Fascinating thread, OP!
It piqued my curiosity for sure…
I figured the core of Saturn could explain the rings;(why the particles do not coagulate and form a moon), metallic hydrogen conducts electricity. So I guess it’s already plugged in eh?

Liquid metal?

Mikhail Eremets and Ivan Troyan of the Max-Planck Institute for Chemistry in Mainz now believe they are the first to offer conclusive evidence for metallic hydrogen.

Core composition of saturn

The enormous weight of Saturn's atmosphere causes the atmospheric pressure to increase rapidly towards the interior, where the hydrogen gas condenses into a liquid. Closer to the centre of the planet, the liquid hydrogen is compressed into metallic hydrogen, which is an electrical conductor.

Toroid

Looking at these pics explains how vortices work, but could it explain why the discs are flat-looking?
Decoding the rings message might be that the funny metal from Roswell, may be metallic hydrogen?

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I just wanted to say thank you again to all that have posted comments.

It is very cool to read the different ideas spawned from this thread. This is exactly why I love ATS, it really is a cornucopia of knowledge and ideas. We live in an amazing Universe and the more we learn, the more questions we seem to uncover.

I look forward to creating more "outside the box" threads with new ideas and thoughts. Until then, thanks again for checking out this thread.

-mcx1942

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join