It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's happened, world seen USA dangers.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

Well at last thank heavens the Middle East has woken up to see what America under Obama has been up too the last 5 years, they have turned around this pro Muslim Brotherhood love affair the USA wanted them to have, they are getting much closer to all the Middle East nations, and at last booting America out of there.
Good! US should leave!

The Egypt nation is getting the area sorted with Israels help too, and Syria leader Assad is now being seen as a man standing up to terror groups, not letting them take over Jordon, Egypt etc, its great news,
Assad “the Butcher” is standing up to terror groups?

That’s a delusional take on the situation.

only one nation has lost out, yes America, seen as terrorists supporters under Obama, great, now Europe will be seen as a West's leading group of nations, not a has been country as USA is today, sorry America, but under your Muslim leader you lost, 9-O to Europe & Middle East, if China and Russia want to destroy you, I cannot think of a time when it would be so easy to do. On top of that America tested it's IBM missile this last week and they all failed badly, so with America now being so alone, you cannot feel very safe today under Obama.

Wishful thinking! US is not Rome and US has no adversary capable of removing it as a superpower. The US may certainly defeat itself but we have nothing to fear from any other country. Keep dreaming!

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative4u
Well at last thank heavens the Middle East has woken up to see what America under Obama has been up too the last 5 years, they have turned around this pro Muslim Brotherhood love affair the USA wanted them to have, they are getting much closer to all the Middle East nations, and at last booting America out of there.
The Egypt nation is getting the area sorted with Israels help too, and Syria leader Assad is now being seen as a man standing up to terror groups, not letting them take over Jordon, Egypt etc, its great news, only one nation has lost out, yes America, seen as terrorists supporters under Obama, great, now Europe will be seen as a West's leading group of nations, not a has been country as USA is today, sorry America, but under your Muslim leader you lost, 9-O to Europe & Middle East, if China and Russia want to destroy you, I cannot think of a time when it would be so easy to do. On top of that America tested it's IBM missile this last week and they all failed badly, so with America now being so alone, you cannot feel very safe today under Obama.

Again you with your Anti Americanism. I told you dude, you're a russian living in England and keep on trashing everything american. Pathetic the least.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Even if we could get a decent percentage of the population to care enough about something that they stand up and fight, the US is such a huge chunk of land that it would be almost impossible to really coordinate anything beyond a state or two. Nearly every movement that has happened in the past few decades has been localized to either large cities or just one part of the country (like California or the Northeast). I would really love to know how you even begin to coordinate even half of our 316 million people that are spread out over 9.6 million square miles (a landmass nearly 38 times larger than the UK). And even if something monumentally HUGE happened that changed things, our military and police forces are well equipped and could stop just about anything in no time.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alternative4u
, if China and Russia want to destroy you, I cannot think of a time when it would be so easy to do.

What does any of the stuff you posted have to do with the strength of our country?

In fact, most of what you wrote seems to suggest we're stronger, not weaker. We're just doing things you, and others, don't like.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Dont get so cocky. 50 years time you may not be laughing.

Anyway the USA has only been top dog for 60 odd years. You need to beat 200 years for the last super power

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by sevensheeps

Originally posted by inverslyproportional

reply to post by nrd101

W e H ave N o C ontrol. I'm sorry if the United States government bothers you, but we still are the most powerful country on earth, with more secret weaponry than you can spit at. When it comes down to it, America will always be here, best territories on earth, with the best military and strategic position.

Wanna bet 1 Euro that the Romans thought the same as what you wrote down

edit on 7/7/13 by sevensheeps because: inserting quote

The Romans never landed on the moon, they did not even know the scope and scale of the earth, they haven't killed hundreds of thousands in the blink of an eye, they could not harness and unleash fire many times hotter than the surface of the sun........

There is a stark difference between America and Rome, but yes, I will admit you make a very clever comparison, as I am at present, sitting in Rome, watching it all burn around me.

You are right in what you state, and it must be weird cause the Romans never saw it coming like we could because we are all connected online.

Maybe it's time to change?

Roman government had messengers, and the military had signaling systems. Decline of the Roman empire started with the barbarians gaining citizenship and taking over Rome. Combine that with large scale earthquakes that damaged Rome, and daily life would have became unbearable for the educated classes, with everyone moving out to the surrounding countryside. Earthquakes would have mad buildings unstable, damaged aquaducts, caused flooding, wells and baths to dry up.

Then the empire split into separate parts as Rome wasn't able to balance the budget for repairs, diplomacy and fighting wars. The rulers probably thought they were being "enlightened" by welcoming all these warriers into Rome, only to see the civilized society slowly fall apart. I'd imagine Barbarians would get drunk plenty of times and into fights with soldiers.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Don't worry world, soon our dollar will crash. So, we will have all of these neato toys over here with no money to operate them. That is of course if we don't lash out at the world before that happens.

MUAHAHAHA!!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Everyone seems to think there is nothing that can be done about the US government. That there is nothing anyone can do. Actually it is very easy to change the government. You can start by not stealing pens from work. lol.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JanAmosComenius
It is your turn - proud US citizens - to start revolution. If we start revolution, we will be bombed by your financial and/or military force. It is f..g risky but you can count with support of real majority of this planet citizens.

Those are truly words I have longed to hear.......now if only we could all hear them more often.....

Sadly though, we would depose our .gov only to have it supplanted by a foreign "puppet" who is much worse.

Think about how may times another nation has helped install an actually "good" replacement in all the worlds history....I cant even name once.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by billdadobbie

Originally posted by NightGypsy
I certainly hope none of the ATS members in this thread who are bashing Americans for "not doing anything" aren't sitting within the boundaries of the European Union. If you are, I don't think I have to explain why you have unmitigated gall. I mean, after all, you're the ones who already fell for the "UNION" b.s., not us.

some people never got to vote on it
and do you think votes cannot be rigged

Of course I think votes can be rigged because it's been happening here for years! That's my point! We're all in the same boat so I take offense to those in the European Union who have the nerve to suggest we're too stupid or lazy to do anything about it. While I agree we have a large population of people who are oblivious, I'm quite sure that not every citizen of the European Union was hip to what was taking place right in front of their noses until it was too late for them to react.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Think about how may times another nation has helped install an actually "good" replacement in all the worlds history....I cant even name once.
reply to post by inverslyproportional

Very good point!!!

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional

reply to post by nrd101

W e H ave N o C ontrol. I'm sorry if the United States government bothers you, but we still are the most powerful country on earth, with more secret weaponry than you can spit at. When it comes down to it, America will always be here, best territories on earth, with the best military and strategic position.

Wanna bet 1 Euro that the Romans thought the same as what you wrote down

edit on 7/7/13 by sevensheeps because: inserting quote

The Romans never landed on the moon, they did not even know the scope and scale of the earth, they haven't killed hundreds of thousands in the blink of an eye, they could not harness and unleash fire many times hotter than the surface of the sun........

There is a stark difference between America and Rome, but yes, I will admit you make a very clever comparison, as I am at present, sitting in Rome, watching it all burn around me.

All empires die natural death, even the technologically advanced.

Science is not a unique to USA. All countries are advancing in science.

The guiding principles matter a lot to nations. USA has ditched it's guiding principles, the foremost is individual freedom. The all-pervasive spying and police state has made a mockery of US's democracy. The reverse brain drain has already started. More people will leave American shores for Asia in coming years as people realize the nature of American power.

I can tell you no worthwhile human likes to be spied upon or subjected to indignation by the government.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by riiver

Well written but that had to be demoralizing when your son said the constitution is obsolete.

If that is the case, can you really claim to live in the United States of America anymore?

When you take the tea party and occupy wall street movements, the were not portrayed as positive on MSM.

They are/were successful but did not have the backing of the people because of how they are portrayed. Occupy wall street lasted longer than anyone could have anticipated.

when anyone is confronted with anything they do not comprehend, they have two choices.
1 educate themselves on it
2 ignore it

Knowledge is power regardless of the validity of information. How else would we know when to find a solution to a problem rendering it a mistake?

ignoring something because you do not understand, care for, relate to, give a # only promotes ignorance.

As ATS members you either joined to deny ignorance or troll and shill those to promote an agenda to misinform the public of the true nature of the beast. Promoting fear, hatred, and continuing to indoctrinate those who wish to be set free.

Thought or and idea becomes reality when acted upon. Get people to talk. that in itself is action. The more people who agree with your point of view/beliefs/facts/ evidence the more people you have empowered. Thus giving strength to those who oppose tyranny or corruption of any kind especially in the govt form. If that is what you wish to fight against.

That is a start and you will know then how much difference one person can make.

The truth is like a lion, set it free and it will defend itself.

edit on 7-7-2013 by whatzshaken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:51 PM
link   

For the record I never felt safe under Obama.

He is a douche

If I were you I would not count on one failed interceptor to mean that we would get our butts whooped. We have a lot more than just interceptors that can inflict damage. Interceptors are strictly defensive. It is our offence that you have to worry about.

Also it doesn't really sound to me like the E.U. has woken up. If you had then you would realize that your government is guilty of the same crap as ours is.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   

What's the weather like in Fantasyland?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   
i view people who insist we get up and change our government, as equivalent to a scenario where the american people are chained to chairs with guys standing next to them with guns at their heads, and one dude who is walking around, is in the room yelling at the american people, "tell the dude to shoot ya in the head and get it over with! what are you, cowards!?"

edit on 7-7-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Obama this, Obama that. Divide and conquer, right? It is a FACT that BOTH parties are in collusion in pro corporate interests and imperial expansion solely to benefit the elite. Minor social issues such as flag burning, abortion and gay marriage are kept alive so the ONE government's good cop, bad cop act can continue. Notice how bipartisan politicians become on things that truly matter like waging war of plunder, aiding banks and corporations over small businesses and the regular joe, expanding the police state to militaristic levels and cutting worker's benefits? Your tired right-left garbage is old, tired and overplayed. People are becoming more and more aware of this. Are you worried?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Cusp

Originally posted by SubTruth

Once again we have a stupid OP who can not tell the difference between the American Government and it good hard working people.

That's like me punching you in the face then saying "it wasn't me, it was my fist". Americans need to do something about their government. If my dog gets out and mauls some little kids because I didn't lock hip up properly, that's my fault.

I agree and disagree at the same time. People do what they think is best inside the system by electing officials they believe will represent them. This is what the bigger problem in the country today is the two party system.

Americans for the most part are good people just like anywhere else. People are stuck in the two party rut and things will change as more people wake up to this fact.
edit on 7-7-2013 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:49 PM
link   

reply to post by SubTruth

As much as I love everyone I can understand why people are mad at the American people for allowing this to go as far as it does. Even though the government and it's people are two separate entities.

The whole world is protesting against this tyranny and it appears that the majority of the American people are fine with whatever happens to them. I am not saying everyone is fine with this, but the majority that could actually make a change is as silent as ever.

I must admit that when I hear an American voice I feel like I want to scream at them for what is happening. But I don't because I love her people and we are all part of the human family.

Sometimes it's really hard to separate those feelings from each other.

As an American, I think a lot of Americans don't really know what to do. We already have a police state. No one wants to be thrown in jail (guess where 40% of the worlds prison population resides?). Americans really are too busy paying the mortgage, bills, working a job, etc. In other words, it hasn't quite gotten bad enough for us to invoke a response. But it could someday boil over to the point where it does.

After the fall of Communism in Russia, the US was the last man standing. The world revolved around these two great powers. Now, there is only the one...to which most of the international attention is garnered. All the focus has shifted from the despotic Soviet regime, to the United States...As Americans have found out, it's lonely on "top".

Also, I think a lot of people are being silly to think that their country isn't in the same boat as ours. The only difference is power projection. There is no government on earth that is more powerful than the one in the United States. But rest assured, there really is no place on Earth that you could consider "safe harbour" against government corruption. It exist in all forms every where.

Speaking of corruption, what implies corruption? How about $$$? You have a government here that spends $3.5 trillion annually, (It takes in $2.9 trillion), which if measured as a single economic unit; would put it as the third or fourth largest unit in the world! Why is this important? Money buys power. The more of it you have, the more power you essentially buy yourself. This also feeds whatever corruption there is. Essentially, the bigger the US gets, the more corrupt it becomes. It really is reminiscent of the rise and fall of Rome.
edit on 7-7-2013 by rock427 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 12:00 AM
link   
I've got to weigh in on this. I have been awake from all this for quite some time. Americans are like this because 70% are tricked into thinking they need psychotropic drugs to make them complacent and dependant.

Our military has been deployed all over this world multiple times so we don't really have the force here where we need it.

Our kids are being indoctrinated and told to tow the line and not stick out, or be different. We are conditioned to think that the govt is the be all end all.

Then our media paints a picture to make us feel good as americans while having a 'War on terror" to give us that mushy patriotic feeling so we feel better about the fat burgers we grill up on July 4th. They don't tell us the real news.

When a person wants to speak up and do right, they are DESTROYED politically. They lose ALL credibility. So us Americans are very unsure of anything. We are just now getting through ALL of the lies, propoganda, and whitewashed situations and are now finally seeing the big picture. This takes time and takes a critical mass awakening. Trust me, it's coming. We are late because they did quite a job. When we hit critical mass, it's gonna be biblical....in every sense of the word.

If we were to do like Egypt and protest, our numbers, if you keep the same protestor to citizen ratio, would be give or take 60 million people I would assume.

We as Americans are sorry were showing up too late, but trust us when I say, I see a LOT of pissed off people with a LOT of bones to pick with our current corrupt usurper leading our current corrupt government.

The will of the people will ALWAYS be met.

And I know there is a lot more to it, but I really don't want to write a book tonight.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join