It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's happened, world seen USA dangers.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
The problem here in America is that as long as an issue doesn't directly cause a problem for an individual--foreclosure, homelessness, loved one at war--then most turn a blind eye and act as if the issues somehow don't exist.

"No problem can be solved by the same level of consciousness that created it."~~Albert Einstein

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   
hmmm...maybe common Americans should get the hell out of dodge while they have the chance.....change citizenship, learn a different language, and live on the down-low in some other country. in the future, we might be hunted down just for being a former American. I won't of course, at 60, I don't care any more, but for future generations, history tends to repeat itself, and revenge can last for a long time.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
The problem here in America is that as long as an issue doesn't directly cause a problem for an individual--foreclosure, homelessness, loved one at war--then most turn a blind eye and act as if the issues somehow don't exist.

"No problem can be solved by the same level of consciousness that created it."~~Albert Einstein

so, as with corporations, the wealthy, and the powerful, the individual "I" gets the benefits, along with the praise....... and the collective "we" take the loses, along with the blame.
edit on 7-7-2013 by jimmyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever

That would seem to be accurate. But why is this the case? Are Americans apathetic by nature? Is it the U.S. education system that is at fault? Does the U.S. MSM discourage Americans from "being involved" or "standing up for their rights"?

You've pinpointed HOW Americans behave, but I would like to know WHY they behave that way...

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I certainly hope none of the ATS members in this thread who are bashing Americans for "not doing anything" aren't sitting within the boundaries of the European Union. If you are, I don't think I have to explain why you have unmitigated gall. I mean, after all, you're the ones who already fell for the "UNION" b.s., not us.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Lada2000

I hear people talking about revolution here in America. Problem is, said revolution has to be held between The View and American Idol. And of course any staged protest would have to be within walking distance of a Starbucks.

And there needs to be a designated time when people can stop protesting long enough to update their Facebook status so they can let all their friends know they're protesting, even though they have no god damn idea what it is they're protesting.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by nrd101
W e H ave N o C ontrol. I'm sorry if the United States government bothers you, but we still are the most powerful country on earth, with more secret weaponry than you can spit at. When it comes down to it, America will always be here, best territories on earth, with the best military and strategic position. I can see why you're scared. A lot of US citizens don't like our government, but most of us are waiting for a tipping point before we go jump of a bridge. The bridge has to be breaking apart not just structurally outdated...

News flash and sorry to burst your bubble but America is on the deadliest part of the planet... and scientifically speaking it's over due.... I don't think I need to spell it out for you do I
America is a Temporary Nation on Borrowed Land and Time and when Gaia calls time technology or weaponry won't make a blind bit of difference. When she goes down so will a great number of the species on Earth. ELE

edit on 7-7-2013 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Lada2000

You know of our war on terrorism.

How about our wars on: poverty, organized labor, "drugs", illiteracy, liberals, alcohol, protesters, different points of view, rock music, sick people, health care, single mothers, old people, education, worker safety, the environment, living wages, safe food, independent farms, diversified crops, clean air, and independent news?

The majority of Our taxes go to the military, they tell us to save us from war coming here, all the while they have been wagging war on us... Making money by taking money...

We have been at war most of my life time, just keeping our heads down trying to survive.

Maybe someone could save us? Please!

edit on 7-7-2013 by donlashway because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

The people of the USA can not be held responsible for their back
stabbing political criminals. Sooner or later we all hope they end up on their own.
But this land is our land and most of all it belongs to the NAI's still residing.

I will fight to the death against all foreign invaders.

PERIOD

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by donlashway

Salvation lies from within.

Find the fortitude from within yourself and ask yourself," would you rather die on your feet fighting or live a life on your knees, begging?"

Which is more complacent to your existence, integrity, honor, righteousness, or being submissive spoon fed sheep?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I like what I read from all you folk on my post topic, yes America has got a lot of goodness and kind folk, I know as my relations live there, but please it's your leader, he is very strange compared with any west leader I have seen, he hates freedom, he hates Christians, he hates Democracy unless it is of the Sunni Muslim sort (yes laugh) he hates people why try to get on in life on there own skills, he is simply a leader that should not be in America, he simply dont fit in with American white views or American black views, I know I talk to you people lots on radio & telephone, so many Americans hate him, but that wont help your country to be loved, if a place is hated within, it's not going to be loved in other parts of the world.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   
When I wrote my post on here yesterday the item on this Link I have put was not on the internet or news, however I feel this link makes my post more sence to us all now we see Obama is as much an enemy to the west as Hitler was before WW2, if we keep letting Obama fall out with our Arab friends in the M East we will all be on horses again soon folks.

www.worldwar3news.com...
edit on 7-7-2013 by Alternative4u because: Added bit to story.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by whatzshaken

Sounds good!
Who should I fight?
The banks, oil, news, education, doctors, religion, law enforcement, military, industrialist, entertainers or farmers? Just WHO?
Was a time I wasted many many years fighting and angry, the only one who lost was me, my friends and my family.

Maybe I'm here to fight my own ignorance, now that I know I really didn't know anything?

When I think I found something worth sharing I'll try to let you know...

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by donlashway

Sounds good!
Who should I fight?
The banks, oil, news, education, doctors, religion, law enforcement, military, industrialist, entertainers or farmers? Just WHO?
Was a time I wasted many many years fighting and angry, the only one who lost was me, my friends and my family.

Maybe I'm here to fight my own ignorance, now that I know I really didn't know anything?

When I think I found something worth sharing I'll try to let you know...

A good start would be the GOVT. they regulate everything you just mentioned.
Organize. Find enough people who have had enough and march on Washington.
They're in league with world banks and federal reserves, they control MSM, education, military and law enforcement, and have systematically displaced farmers for GMO.

Take down your #ing govt. Im trying up north with my own protest and its making head way.

I am a lone wolf but I have my town of 63,000 and surrounding area talking about oppression and what it means to them and how they relate and empathize with the rest of the world. A lot of those who support this, understand that AMERICA and her FOREIGN POLICY has everything to do with the current state of the world.

So AMERICANS wake the # up and take back your govt AMERICAN GOVT is a leader in this world. AMERICANS just follow the lead. Time to take charge. Take back what is yours.

And if America stays on its current path, you your friends and your family along with the rest of the world will lose suffer and die, so fight for your salvation or live for your death
edit on 7-7-2013 by whatzshaken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
I certainly hope none of the ATS members in this thread who are bashing Americans for "not doing anything" aren't sitting within the boundaries of the European Union. If you are, I don't think I have to explain why you have unmitigated gall. I mean, after all, you're the ones who already fell for the "UNION" b.s., not us.

some people never got to vote on it
and do you think votes cannot be rigged

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:04 PM
link   

No mater what you've heard we have a government, "of the people, for the people and by the people"

Just people like you and me.

I'm thinking the answer is knowing who, what, where, when and why things seem to be going wrong first.
Otherwise you may waste your life time just chasing ghost...
As someone might want you to.

ooops forgot when, added

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by donlashway

Oh really so Obama blames congress for not closing Gitmo when he signed the executive order?

No your govt for the people by the people was gone long ago.

That was his platform in being elected in 2008.
change we can believe in

Yes he changed in to bush

obaMABUSh

war on terror - wwIII

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   
We all know that something needs to be done. Things are out of control. As one poster said, our government "of the people, for the people, by the people" is long gone...if it ever actually existed. The question is---just WHAT do we do?

Where do we begin?

Get out and vote? Most of us do that.

Organize, another poster said. Find like-minded people and march on Washington. We tried that---remember all the Tea Party rallies and protests before the last election? Remember Occupy Wall Street, a much bigger and lengthier movement?

Where do we begin? What can we do that might even begin to make an actual difference?

This is a serious question. I rarely post, but have been coming to ATS for years (I was a lurker for years before I became a member) and so often I see other members telling us to put our money where our mouth is, to quit bitchin' and get off our butts and DO something about all the problems we discuss here. And quite frankly I think that the majority of us here, and a lot of other people out there who've never heard of ATS, who don't consider themselves "conspiracy theorists" but are just flat-out fed up and disgusted with the society we live in, would like to do something. We're burning to do something. But for God's sake, WHAT? We're like ants facing a steamroller.

And unfortunately, a large portion of this country IS apathetic. There ARE a lot of people who are content as long as they have their bread and circuses, and there is another segment of the population that has to spend so much time just trying to survive that there isn't time or energy left to stoke the fires of indignation.

And the newest generation of kids/young adults has been so conditioned by post 9/11 attitudes to accept whatever "they" are told to do that ever sparking their outrage may be impossible. My Kinect is spying on me for the NSA? So what, they can already do that through my Android phone and probably my laptop too. Checkpoints where they arbitrarily demand license, insurance, etc? Well they've always done that. That's the attitude too many of our kids have...because that's the way it's been as long as they can remember. Just yesterday, I was driving home from town (population 2600 with a police force of 20 for the city cops, plus another 10 for the sheriff's department) and they---city police--- had a checkpoint of some kind set up just at the outskirts of town. 3 of my kids, ages 17,17, and 20 were with me.

I turned around before we got there and went back to town. I was outraged. My kids were like, "It's not a big deal, they just ask you for your license and insurance and see if you have your seatbelt on." And I said, "But that's WRONG. They have no right to stop people without PROBABLE CAUSE to think they're doing something wrong." And the kids said "Well they're looking for drunk drivers 'cause it's the weekend of the 4th and a lot of people will be out drinking." And I said, "I know that. It's still wrong, it shouldn't be allowed, they have no probable cause, it violates the Constitution!" They never did understand why the idea was outrageous. My 20-yr old told me in the end, "The Constitution is obsolete."

I nearly cried. This from kids who were raised to know their rights, what the constitution is and says and why it's important etc. Yet one of them says in all seriousness, the constitution is obsolete. Imagine the attitude of kids who's parents are apathetic or toe the PC party line.

So please, please tell me, all of you who say get off my butt and do something, WHERE ON EARTH DO I BEGIN?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by riiver

Think you already did, you turned around and didn't go through the check point. Could have been harassed over that, searched and detained, but you did it anyway.

Your kids will remember, maybe someday they'll consider you a hero, you remembered what was wrong, and said so.

That's a start!

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Double

edit on 7-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join