It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Buried Skulls, Fossilized Tooth and Statuette on Curiosity images?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by iterationzero
reply to post by Arken

Entered the thread expecting pareidolia.

Was not disappointed.

But how would an archeologist overcome pareidolia, if all he had to study were pictures?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Arken

The burden of proof is on you to show that these are skulls, vertebrae (or statues...), etc. You have provided what amounts to no evidence. Did you do analysis from multiple angles, taking into account the angle of the sun or other points of illumination, to construct a 3D model of what you've identified based on the 2D pictures you've shown us?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:56 AM
link   
reply to post by amazing

Can you show me a reputable archaeologist that would claim that he found skulls, vertebrae (or statues...) etc. based solely on one grainy picture of each object?

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by iterationzero
reply to post by amazing

Can you show me a reputable archaeologist that would claim that he found skulls, vertebrae (or statues...) etc. based solely on one grainy picture of each object?

No, but this is a unique situation. If the theory is that there was an ancient civilization on Mars, then wouldn't the best way to proceed be to find rocks that look like other objects? I'm not saying that 80-90% of what's posted here isn't anything other than a rock...but...some of this stuff....

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 09:43 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
Seeing as i usually say "Rocks", and bearing in mind that i like to try to stay fresh and on topic with ATS themes.....

"Muslims"

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by hellobruce

Sometimes, posts like these are certainly a mix of cloudhunting, illusion and wishfulthinking. However, previous threads also highlighted very puzzling features that clearly stood out compared to the surrounding terrain ...

Then factor in the dust, covering nearly everything on Mars, as well as the distinct shapes we saw on some images and we might ask ourselves: how many geological - sometimes rare - processes must come together in one place to produce such an astonishing variety of geometrical features?

If, in the end, it turns out that it's all really just 'rocks' then you are of course welcome to launch a big 'told you so' thread ...

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Arken

It's my opinion that Curiosity has examined that area secretely. Right the "Spine" Area of this thread www.abovetopsecret.com... from february 27, till march 14. Do you remember the strange black-out? 15 days to analize and examine secretely...

The A/B flip after the memory glitch ... yeah, that was great timing!

Also, it's not a secret that the science-team gets the images first, before even one thumbnail or one fullsize image is uploaded to the public servers - that's been mentioned before in an MSL press conference. It's only after their analysis that images are approved and made available to the public. That said, they could - in theory - hold back certain images indefinitely (for the purpose of further analysis) without violating their own policy. In the end, there's no way of telling for sure whether we really get to see 100% of all the MSL imagery that's been relayed to Earth.

That leaves room for speculation! Personally, I think NASA/JPL wouldn't dare to leave Glenelg behind without having acquired close-ups of the features that so uniquely stood out from afar. So let's hang on in there & monitor the updates before accusing them of a crime ...

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

"When a man block his mind, without any doubt, none evidence will change his mind." - Arken

That describes you perfectly, the evidence shows that they are just rocks, but as you have blocked your mind to that reality you keep claiming that the rocks are all sorts of silly things! According to you they are everything BUT rocks!
edit on 8-7-2013 by hellobruce because: (no reason given)

You miss "THE QUESTION DOT" on the title of this thread.

Blocked Mind that are You....

You are so desperate to try to debunk everything that block your mind and to blind your eyes...with this sorts of silly things!

edit on 8-7-2013 by Arken because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I presume that NASA is funded by tax poayers and so it seems wrong for all the secrecy. Its a shame becaude space travel is only providing for the majority, the odd sensationally beautiful pictures, but its not providing the real excitement and sense of adventure and discovery such a huge endeavour should.

Should the OP be right, I suspect its not the explanation of what's been seen, but fear of the outcome, that is the reason for such secrecy. Were human or animal life, akin to earth to have existed on another planet such as Mars. Everything about us would have been a lie and have to be rewritten. We would never be the same again because we would have been possibly cut off from our roots. It would open a door that would most likely freak out all the truly religious and those that could not handle such a monumental change in our identity.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shiloh7
I presume that NASA is funded by tax poayers and so it seems wrong for all the secrecy.

Exactly what secrecy are you on about?

that is the reason for such secrecy.

Once again, what secrecy are you talking about? You are making no sense!

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by hellobruce

Originally posted by Shiloh7
I presume that NASA is funded by tax poayers and so it seems wrong for all the secrecy.

Exactly what secrecy are you on about?

that is the reason for such secrecy.

Once again, what secrecy are you talking about? You are making no sense!

THIS NASA SECURITY OBSESSION & CURIOSITY

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:34 AM
link   

NASA SECURITY OBSESSION & CURIOSITY

So your "proof" is a thread where you refuse to name the 100 scientists you claim have left NASA!!!

posted on Jan, 28 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Mastcam: Left 

2013-09-22
05:39:36 UTC

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...
[pic]um52e808ef.jpg[/pic

Mast Camera (Mastcam) (MSSS-MALIN) images for Sol401

I came across this photo...
at the 1 o'clock position there is a brighter object amongst the rocks

when zooming in to look I thought it looked like a skull, upside down.

I have tried to show the area and linked to the original nasa page where yo can have a look yourself, I posted this in its own thread but it got removed and I feel like it deserves a look, I didnt see anything else that looked like bones near the "skull".

edit on 28-1-2014 by michael1888 because: correction

<< 1   >>

join