It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dumbed Down Kids of the West! Wakey Wakey!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
I'm now in my older years and often look at our young, just like my elders looked at us when we were young and like my elders, I just wish our young could see how mankind are being fooled and lead like lambs to the slaughter.

We in the West are raised believing in our Governments and place so much trust in them to do what is right for us - after all, we pay them throughout our whole working lives to do just that.

What misplaced trust it is and how blindly we place our faith in it even now when it is so blatantly obvious.

If only more 12 year olds were like this smart kid (attached video) - but then our 12 yr olds are constantly distracted by the latest technology and material gain to lift up their heads and start taking more notice.

I guess they've watched too many adults who don't take responsibility - just like many of my generation did when we were kids. The saddest thing of all is that by the time they realise what's going on - they'll be like me and many like me - left feeling we're too old now to do anything about it and wishing we'd seen it when we were young and had the energy and political awareness to act on it.

We are all falling behind so rapidly!

Maybe it's time to put the toys away - what do you think!

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
but then our 12 yr olds are constantly distracted by the latest technology and material gain to lift up their heads and start taking more notice.

I agree. But I also sympathize with all the so-called "sheeple."

For every one of our human foibles, there is someone with power and influence ready to greedily prey upon us.

So, while I agree with the body of your statement, I also think you're underestimating the ability of those in a position of influence to manipulate the attitudes of a population. In fact, they're so good at what they do that even those who are "awake" are nearly powerless to enact a change.

edit on 7-7-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

TextI also think you're underestimating the ability of those in a position of influence to manipulate the attitudes of a population.

No I don't underestimate this ability at all - I fully appreciate what you are saying and fully agree but it's time we as parents educated our kids as to what is really happening. Surely there are enough aware parents now to teach our kids and stop wrapping them up and protecting them from reality all the time - so easy to do.

An uneducated population is much easier to manipulate!
edit on 7-7-2013 by quedup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:47 AM
link   
Flagged for the later I've got stuff to be getting on with on this beautiful English summer day.

new topics

top topics

join