It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Highway Body Cavity Search in America...It's Happening. Are You Still OK With it?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

Why do people try and make it about race? The poor white have been mistreated just as much as the poor [insert whatever minority here]. It's not about color, the poor people get crapped on the most, because they are likely too poor to hire a lawyer and sue, and likely not very educated on their rights in the first place. Easy targets, bullies always go after the easy targets. I look white, and I have been targetted by police for being in "bad neighborhoods". The mentality is if you are in a bad neighborhood, you live there, or are there to buy drugs, so either way you are up to no good. "Trailertrash" white folks are spit on just as much as the ghetto minorities, both by cops, and the rest of society.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TKDRL

Why do people try and make it about race? The poor white have been mistreated just as much as the poor [insert whatever minority here]. It's not about color, the poor people get crapped on the most, because they are likely too poor to hire a lawyer and sue, and likely not very educated on their rights in the first place. Easy targets, bullies always go after the easy targets. I look white, and I have been targetted by police for being in "bad neighborhoods". The mentality is if you are in a bad neighborhood, you live there, or are there to buy drugs, so either way you are up to no good. "Trailertrash" white folks are spit on just as much as the ghetto minorities, both by cops, and the rest of society.

The point being that when it is happening to white middle class, it gets exposed more. More exposure. Whereas, with minorities it either goes ignored or assume the minority deserved it in some way or another. This ERASES the race card!

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
There doing cavity searches looking for the microchip in buttheads pants.. Ha classic movie but if this I really happening I think its time to worry.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Visitor2012
The point being that when it is happening to white middle class, it gets exposed more. More exposure. Whereas, with minorities it either goes ignored or assume the minority deserved it in some way or another. This ERASES the race card!

It's being reported now on CNN isn't it? This kind of injustice is happening to everyone no matter what color they are, and for what, in order to find some weed? Please leave the race-baiting out of the discussion, all it does is create division which results in even more robotic slavery and confusion by the easily misled sheople.

Listen my friend, It's a detour from the entire point, so take a walk with that overplayed garbage. We better stick together, or everyone can just bend over and grab their ankles no matter who you are. Wake up already.

Anyway, This is absolute insanity and a violation of their constitutional rights. I hope the officers involved get sued and fired. I am no cop hater either, cause I have 3 good friends who are cops. One is CHP, and the other two are Oakland Police officers. So I know what they have to deal with, but this is just plain wrong. ~$heopleNation

edit on 8-7-2013 by SheopleNation because: TypO

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Apples to oranges. These troopers were disciplined, one was fired, and the force is now open to a legitimate suit as they should be. In your original thread the officers did nothing illegal.
edit on 9-7-2013 by raifordko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

It's being reported now on CNN isn't it?

And that's the point I was trying to make. That was very foolish and rude for you to assume that about me. If you could look beyond your reaction of the trigger word 'race', you'd see what I was saying. which is America is now SEEING it happening to White people on tv and YouTube , will bring more attention to this problem. We've seen minorities get dragged through the mud on the media, but now we're seeing white people too. It takes the prejudice OUT of the problem, it erases the race card and the perceived inequality in our society. It removes the ILLUSION ( get that? REMOVES) that cop brutality is only minority experience. It plants FIRMLY in people's head, that police brutality is happening to EVERYONE. THUS increasing the chances of us all coming together on this issue!

You heard the mention of race and YOU saw this as a race card not me! I was talking about something entirely different. The problem with the race card, is not the person pulling it, it's the people who thinks its being pulled. As witnessed here, it really blinds a person from truly listening.

My advice to you would be, take a break for a few minutes, and take some deep breaths before reacting to a point I wasn't making and pressing the reply button.

edit on 9-7-2013 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Calm down my friend, this misunderstanding between you and I is part of the problem. Oh, and cops have been violating us white folks rights for decades. Yep it's true, it's called so-called domestic spousal abuse law enforcement procedures when the police are called for absolutely no reason whatsoever and decide like robots that The Male of the household is automatically a criminal and humiliate him in front of his entire family.

There are many other examples but yeah, Social conditions have made it easy for SOME law enforcement officers to abuse minority rights, I understand that.
~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Over my dead body would they do this.

If you don't start standing for something in your life for once soon, well, its already too late for most of you.

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:00 AM
link   
It's a registered website by which MMORPG may be opened o the general public for last 8 years.

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The video states that one cop was fired, and one suspended. Do we know if the one fired is the only one that conducted the searches? Whether a search was justified or not, we don't know, but a ROADSIDE search of that sort is NOT justified. That is seriously messed up. Even if these women were in possession of drugs, you don't conduct police business that way, and that alone isn't justification for even a private (as in at the station) cavity search!

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join