It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Highway Body Cavity Search in America...It's Happening. Are You Still OK With it?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Problem is, what happens if you refuse? An honest question, I certainly agree with your sentiments and that this is a clear violation of basic human rights. I suppose the answer would depend on what officers you were dealing with. However if you were dealing with two officers intent on molesting you on the side of a public road, then things could (and have before plenty) escalate and turn ugly.

'Oh so they're resisting arrest?' Possible taser or worse. This reminds me of that uncomfortable scene from the movie Crash with Matt Dilhon as the cop. I think I'd probably resist as peacefully as possible and maybe just tell them to slap the cuffs on me because I want to talk to a lawyer. Stay the # away from that region of my body or things could turn ugly indeed.

I think so much of it is the culture of law enforcement these days. Not all of them are bad though, to be sure. In my past experiences dealing with cops I find it's best to be as reasonable and accommodating as possible and 9 times out of 10 the situation worked out as best or better than I could have possibly hoped for. If they are a tough guy (or gal) and start the whole power flex type of trip with you then imo best to just close your mouth and not say anything more than you absolutely have to. I have yet to see a case of how arguing with a cop has ever worked out in anyone's favor or not lead to more problems, but I digress.

Pretty surreal how in some U.S. states they have legalized marijuana and in other states they pull you over to the side the road and give you a body cavity search if they find a roach in your ashtray.

At least one of the officers was fired over this, I was half expecting the article to say something like "the local police department is looking into the matter..." and then hear nothing further about the investigation. I wonder how much of this happens without ever being heard about. The fact that she used the same glove on both women is just the unbelievable cherry on top of this sick and infuriating story.

Smoking weed in Texas must really make a person paranoid.

Peace. ~

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:34 PM
link   
The War on Drugs only benefits lawyers, corrupt police and judges, Mexican drug cartels, and the private prison industry. Society as a whole does not benefit.

This roadside search was unnecessary.

Release drug offenders from prison and replace them with street gangsters.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

The LEO's are at fault here.
They should know better.
This is beyond ludicrous. It's insane.
What is going on inside their collective heads?

As the feeling of our nation becoming a police state spreads and stories of abuses by government and law enforcement become mainstream... even honest cops are feeling as though there is also now a war against them.

Unfortunately, the average citizen doesn't have the means to make on the spot evaluations on the cops who are in their cars or homes and in their faces. From there, police become stereotyped as gestapo so... one bad cop makes them all feel defensive.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Put those so called cops in prison a good long time for sexual assault and everything else that can be hung on them, and penalize the municipality or county they were from.

My wife, my mother, my sister, my daughter?

Those uniforms mean squat: they eat somewhere, they crap somewhere, they shop somewhere, and they sleep somewhere, sometime.. No one is untouchable. They would need to be in prison for their health.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Runciter33

Problem is, what happens if you refuse? An honest question, I certainly agree with your sentiments and that this is a clear violation of basic human rights. I suppose the answer would depend on what officers you were dealing with. However if you were dealing with two officers intent on molesting you on the side of a public road, then things could (and have before plenty) escalate and turn ugly.

I’m in no way trying to make light of this situation because I think it’s deplorable but….I heard a good defense for rape is to shart your pants. I’m sure this would work in this scenario as well. Let’s face it, do you really think they’d go through with the cavity search if you shart yourself?

Hey, it’s an option!!

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I’m in no way trying to make light of this situation because I think it’s deplorable but….I heard a good defense for rape is to shart your pants. I’m sure this would work in this scenario as well. Let’s face it, do you really think they’d go through with the cavity search if you shart yourself? Hey, it’s an option!!

I'll need to ponder that one for a bit.
Thinking
Thinking

Na. I think I'll go with filing my own charges against the cop or cops, then file a Law suite against the entity that employed the thugs, take it to trial and get as much attention on the proceedings as humanly possible. Any monetary awards go back to the people. I get rich on public speaking, and finally have a voice that will be heard.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

Well sure, if you want to be a martyr and are willing to 'take one for the team' so as to draw attention to the issue. I was thinking of ways to prevent them from doing the search without using violence or risking injury or charges.

It’s sad we have to contemplate ways of handling having our rights violated.

I think I would simply refuse the search rather than taking any drastic measure. They would have to cuff me and forcibly do it (if they could) and I'd retain legal council regardless of the outcome.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:16 PM
link   
maybe the cops where new recruits?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:24 PM
link   
This occurs, because of other civilians ignorance. In 4th of July video comments on youtube people were saying how he was only being a smart - ass kid punk and only disturbing the work of police officers. However, he was clearly stating his rights and he clearly didn't to any wrong. If we will start doing whatever police tells us to do, regardless our rights, just because it is for our and others security, we will soon be left without any rights and will have to do anything the police says. While the Constitution will be just like "Terms and Conditions" in any computer software.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Originally posted by jude11

......what was going through the minds of these cops to even think this treatment was an option. Did they not think it would come to light in a big way? And not one but both cops?

They knew what they were doing and yet BOTH were ok with it? This I don't understand.
I think it was even more than just those 2 cops. They stated in the video that the female officer had to be called to the scene, in order to perform the search. At the very least, the dispatcher knew what they were planning to do before they did it. There were probably other officers who also heard the call, yet nobody thought to question the act?

The original officer who initially decided this needed to be done, should have been fired just as quickly as the female officer who did what he told/asked her to do.

Even IF this had been a reasonable action, what the hell was he expecting to accomplish?

I don't know much about current marijuana laws, and especially not in Texas, but I thought that: If you got caught with a joint, you can be charged with 'Possession', and if you get caught with a small sized bag, you can be charged with 'Possession'.

He obviously had already found enough in order to bring about a charge of 'Possession'. How much could he have possibly expected to find up in there?

reply to post by inverslyproportional

Originally posted by inverslyproportional

Jude I don't think is defendable, if one of those women had AIDS for example, which BTW is extremely likely to be contracted through the anus, which is why gay men have so much higher rates of the disease, then now this woman was attacked and technically "murdered" with a biological weapon.
That's the only part you don't agree with? I hope not, but it seems to me that you think it would have been ok, if only they had changed gloves....

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

That part of Texas has a lot more racism than other parts.

Just sayin'

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Infuriating! This is a disgusting display of abuse of power.

Thank you for sharing this.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
If this happened to one of my female family members or friends, better hope I am not able to track the worthless jerkoffs down...... Indefensible, ridiculous, and totally unacceptable.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Some police continue to cross over the line. You have to wonder if these police officers really know that the public do have rights under our constitution. These types of invasive searches and unreasonable searches such as DUI checks, and unlawful detainment during traffic stops are steadily increasing. More people should file lawsuits against these unlawful searches.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
This is most definitely NOT okay.
Neither is all the news we see about cops bashing down doors without warrants and shooting innocent people and family pets.

We need to get used to it though.
Why?
Because we are screwed.
We can't fight them. We have left them militarize the police and the local police are very tight with DHS now. They have firepower and technology that we civilians can't match. They can turn our technology off as soon as they see that we are willing to use it against them.

Most people will slumber through a revolution , just like they are slumbering through the prelude.

Get used to being a slave, whether you are on the inside or the outside of the barbed wire.
Sorry, I am just a little pessimistic today.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by RubberDuckGB
maybe the cops where new recruits?

Thats even worse because that would mean they've been TAUGHT to RAPE people.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I will say this as accurately and plainly as possible.... NSA, DHS, FBI, CIA or whomever monitors this site can take a note.....

If this was my daughter, the Police force would be short 2 cops and I would happily sit in jail for the rest of my life or on Death Row.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

I will say this as accurately and plainly as possible.... NSA, DHS, FBI, CIA or whomever monitors this site can take a note..... If this was my daughter, the Police force would be short 2 cops and I would happily sit in jail for the rest of my life or on Death Row.

I'm sure they did.

But that would just put another good guy out of circulation. We need you out here.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

It's funny...I actually thought the police officer in the first thread broke the law and didn't follow procedures, yet this case sounds like he actually did follow the law.

They did find drugs first, which opens up the defendant to searches of this caliber. I oppose the war on drugs, so don't take me as supporting the actions, but just saying it is legal.

Now performing it on the side of the road, I am not sure about the legality of that. But without a doubt, if the police officer had taken her to jail, which he did have the authority to do at that moment, would have been 100% legal.

I don't agree with the laws, but it is legal.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
this kind of crap is going to stop, and it's going to stop soon. more precisely, it's going to BE stopped. by force of numbers (think egypt). they brought it on themselves and i don't want to hear them crying when they get their rewards for this fascistic stasi oppression.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join