It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Highway Body Cavity Search in America...It's Happening. Are You Still OK With it?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
reply to post by iwilliam

No thank you, I'll not consent to that roadside medical procedure (did I really even just have to write that sentence? What is this country coming to, in the name of its insane "War" against its own people?)....

How many folks do you suppose consent to anything a cop does to them? If the technology is there and some putz suggested they use it on us, they will. Most of the really bad Law Enforcement policy and direction is coming from the evil minds with in the military complex. Well maybe not all of it, we do have a lot of sniveling nanny mentalities in all government offices.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by jude11

I’m not sure why they would think this was reasonable since, in another recent case, two troopers were fired and indicted for the same thing.

Two Texas state troopers responsible for a roadside body cavity search of two women have been indicted on charges of sexual assault and oppression.
rt.com...

Scott Palmer, who represents the victims in the case, declined to comment to reporters on Friday, but previously said that the roadside body cavity search was a possible violation of the Fourth Amendment.

“This is outside the constitutional grounds by a mile. It’s not even close. This has to stop. These two need to be stopped,” he previously told NBC.

This is outrageous! I’m sure these two women will win in court.

It IS close, Seabag. And thanks for the avatar. You ought to keep the
'Sam Look' for the rest of the weekend at least. Winchester optional.

What I said before about it being close is [that] it's going to be graphically proven
far from profitable to engage in this behavior, and soon like a four lettered word.
If this would have happened in front of my dad that trooper would be.. not going there.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   
America is going down the pan - this sh&t is only going get worse, the end of freedom is nigh

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan

Originally posted by muse7
I'm okay with them they are useful in catching illegals and drug smugglers

You did not just really say that?

Illegals? Really? I never took you for "that kind" of person, that would support body cavity searches as a way to stop "illegals" from....being illegal?

Go home, Muse. Your drunk.

I have a question....

Who is smuggling illegal immigrants up their keester?

No matter how bad I wanted to enter this country, I would have to decline that mode of travel!

edit on 7-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

ROFL I take it back Commander, keep the model 94. I'm highly suspicious of
any asset's (Oh my God it happened again) ... I'm just not going there.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

This is incredible to me! Even many years ago in Mexico, we were stopped by a group of soldiers doing random searches of people. A female took me to a trailer but then only frisked me, this was done in private.

THIS is unbelievable. What country did you say that video is from!!?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by iwilliam

Originally posted by Privateinquotations
They now have portable xray scanners now that they can bring to the scene and find out if you are "holding" any nefarious items in your person. So, this sin't even necessary in the first place. I also don't agree with the use of these things either, but that's for another time/topic.

I wouldn't submit to that, either. Hells no. Sorry ociffer, you can death ray yourself hundreds of times a day if you want, but you're not exposing me to needless frivolous radiation (aka technically a medical procedure) just to try to catch me in a crime and throw me in jail.

No thank you, I'll not consent to that roadside medical procedure (did I really even just have to write that sentence? What is this country coming to, in the name of its insane "War" against its own people?)....

Not to mention that this could be seen as violating not only the fourth amendment, but also the fifth. Roadside xray is several steps too far. (As is roadside cavity search.)

Also the woman asked to put her dress on before getting out and he said NO. If a male officer pulled me over coming home from the beach I am putting on my dress before getting out and that is that! he can jut throw me in jail for it.
There used to me a feeling of general respect and courtesy on both sides while officers performed their public service job. I guess that is all long in the past.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
when will cops be held to accountability? when will it take more than being a retard to meet the qualifications to become a police officer? all it takes it to hang one of these sorry mutha#ers and all this nonsense will stop. only once.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme
when will cops be held to accountability? when will it take more than being a retard to meet the qualifications to become a police officer? all it takes it to hang one of these sorry mutha#ers and all this nonsense will stop. only once.

In this case and many others the cops are being held to account. The problem is this shouldn’t have happened in the first place. Even if these troopers are fired, convicted of sexual assault and sentenced to 10 years in the big house, that doesn’t undo the damage done to these women. Even if these women get a big settlement from the state they still have to live with the memory of this event.

I know troopers go through extensive training (more than the average cop) so it’s a bit surprising to me this type of thing would happen, not once but TWICE (that I know of…maybe more times). I think the ‘Constitution’ needs to be more of a focus during all police training. They need to be fully aware of the Constitutional protects all citizens share before being turned loose on the public. How can you protect and serve if you don’t know the limits of your own authority?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
There's a word for this.
Rape.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by biggmoneyme

In this case and many others the cops are being held to account. The problem is this shouldn’t have happened in the first place. Even if these troopers are fired, convicted of sexual assault and sentenced to 10 years in the big house, that doesn’t undo the damage done to these women. Even if these women get a big settlement from the state they still have to live with the memory of this event.

I know troopers go through extensive training (more than the average cop) so it’s a bit surprising to me this type of thing would happen, not once but TWICE (that I know of…maybe more times). I think the ‘Constitution’ needs to be more of a focus during all police training. They need to be fully aware of the Constitutional protects all citizens share before being turned loose on the public. How can you protect and serve if you don’t know the limits of your own authority?

i say hang them. the word of a cop being executed for something like this will travel farther than a cop being convicted. knowing your life is on the line will ensure the police do their job correctly

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by biggmoneyme

i say hang them. the word of a cop being executed for something like this will travel farther than a cop being convicted. knowing your life is on the line will ensure the police do their job correctly

This is America not the ME.

If we started doing something dumb like hanging cops for mistakes we wouldn’t have cops. Maybe that’s what you want but the rest of us don’t want that; we need police. We just don’t need police who violate our Constitutional rights.

edit on 7-7-2013 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Well,

Just woke up and I am so glad many see this ussue as I do...deplorable.

The question I didn't post last night is of what was going through the minds of these cops to even think this treatment was an option. Did they not think it would come to light in a big way? And not one but both cops?

They knew what they were doing and yet BOTH were ok with it? This I don't understand.

If we see more of this happening in the future it will solidify the statement that many have put forth. Conditioning the masses to accept this as the new norm and perhaps these 2 cops were the testing station...ground zero if you will.

Damn I hope not.

Peace

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
There's a word for this.
Rape.

Sexual Assault: the sexual exploitation, forcible penetration, or an act of sexual contact on the body of another person, male or female, without his or her consent.

Rape is an act of power and control, in which the victim is humiliated, degraded, and left with feelings of shame, guilt, and anger. If you are forced against your will to have sex with someone, that is rape.
sexualassault.appstate.edu...

Regardless, both are unacceptable and felonious behavior that is not tolerated...especially by public servants.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I think they are putting something in the water at all police facilities.

Has anyone ever noticed how smart, well spoken and rational people are before they start representing us, or protecting us.

I swear once they get into public office their brain cells start to die.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
reply to post by seabag

I think they are putting something in the water at all police facilities.

Has anyone ever noticed how smart, well spoken and rational people are before they start representing us, or protecting us.

I swear once they get into public office their brain cells start to die.

It probably has something to do with Mosanto or BigPharma!

Seriously though, I think it can be explained as a simple ‘power trip’ for lack of a better term. Some politicians and police officers get drunk with power and start assuming authority they do not have. They lose sight of the constraints of the Constitution placed on their authority and we see them overstep their bounds. Usually the courts try to right these abuses but if it happens at all it’s always after the fact; the abuse already happened.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I was thinking that maybe instead cops driving black muscle cars with the words "Law Enforcement" on them, we could as the tax paying citizen provide Red VW's and resurrect the words "To Serve and Protect". We should start drug testing them also, not so much for THC but for steroids.

All of the fixes this country needs can be found at the community base. Every one that pays taxes should pay attention to how those taxes are spent. Screw taking on the Feds, it's what they want, because they know we will lose. Can only win at the town and county level, well given we all get involved.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
reply to post by seabag

I was thinking that maybe instead cops driving black muscle cars with the words "Law Enforcement" on them, we could as the tax paying citizen provide Red VW's and resurrect the words "To Serve and Protect". We should start drug testing them also, not so much for THC but for steroids.

All of the fixes this country needs can be found at the community base. Every one that pays taxes should pay attention to how those taxes are spent. Screw taking on the Feds, it's what they want, because they know we will lose. Can only win at the town and county level, well given we all get involved.

Those are definitely options.

I’d like to see us start with de-militarizing our Police departments. Why do they need automatic weapons and armored vehicles? This is America not Fallujah.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
People should understand that this comes from the top.
Police are taught this mindset and behavior just like the TSA, DHS and any number of other authority/enforcement groups.

They see civilians, and I mean all civilians, as the enemy.

The present treatment of thinking US civilians will continue to get more oppressive because the powers that be see all of them as a threat to their authority.

The police no longer protect and serve.

They oppress and control.

This is their function under the self serving government that we have.

If the officers go a bit too far today, the establishment doesn't care. They just hire more replacements and keep pushing the envelope.

I know some cops. My brother is a cop. I think he's one of the good guys. He's a real stress grenade though. I think the job gets to him because he wants to do the right thing but it makes the job hard for him. Hopefully he will make it to retirement.

I knew a Houston cop about 15 years ago that told me everyone on the force called civilians "turds" and basically said that all civilians are criminals who just haven't been caught yet.

I asked him, "well what if you were a civilian?"
He said, "I'd be real careful not to get caught."

I'm pretty sure this is why there is actually an IQ cam on some law enforcement jobs. Some of the smarter people just can't be controlled and would slow down the agenda.

This seems to be the way the establishment thinks now, and their minions are following suit.
Not government serving the people but government versus the people.

edit on 7-7-2013 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I have always thought that the whole gun grabbing idea is born out of the Feds fear of local Militias, and not the lone crazy dude.

I think that the game plan for the militarization of the police is so we associate police with military, confussion is a valuable weapon. And it also forces us to pay for our further enslavement.

Maybe the powers can see the future a little more clearly than we give them credit for.

I wonder who holds the pink slips on all of that military equipment?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

The police no longer protect and serve.

They oppress and control.

This is their function under the self serving government that we have.

I don’t think we have anything to fear because after all….

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join