It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tracing Genesis Through Ancient Culture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Did religion evolve from primitive nature worship, to belief in many gods, to belief in a single creator God?

Paul James-Griffiths challenges this view as he examines ancient cultures and religions. He shows how the texts and customs of multiple ancient cultures converge on the major events recorded in the early chapters of Genesis. Paul then argues these religions that diverge in many other ways must have had a common root - Genesis.

Tracing Genesis Through Ancient Culture:

The evidence in this video explains what the apostle Paul was referring to in the scripture below, that there was a brief time in history when all of humanity knew who God was but soon became, in a nutshell, evolutionary pantheists after the Lord scattered the populace from the Tower of Babel, where every form of spiritual adultery and idolatry originated.

Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. - Romans 1: 19-25

Related: Exposing the Pagan Roots of Evolution

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:58 AM
link   
You may want to think about the pagan roots of Christianity. Pagan themes are scattered all throughout the gospels.

As for Paul's words, he got that part absolutely right. The invisible qualities of God are within you, and they are known by what is made, a.k.a. the five senses: sight, sound, touch, taste, and smell. You do not see the process by which sight is made, you only see the end result, which is the image that you see.

The invisible qualities of God are known by what is seen in the image that you see right now, which is what is "made" by your brain, so you are without excuse for believing in any other god except the one within you.

edit on 7-7-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
You may want to think about the pagan roots of Christianity. Pagan themes are scattered all throughout the gospels.

As for Paul's words, he got that part absolutely right. The invisible qualities of God are within you, and they are known by what is made, a.k.a. the five senses: sight, sound, touch, taste, and smell. You do not see the process by which sight is made, you only see the end result, which is the image that you see.

The invisible qualities of God are known by what is seen in the image that you see right now, which is what is "made" by your brain, so you are without excuse for believing in any other god except the one within you.

edit on 7-7-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

As overused as the supposed "pagan" roots of Christianity is by non-Christians and anti-Christians, the real point of this thread is to point out that whatever similarities every culture and religion as well as the so called modern "scientific" theory of evolution has with each other can be easily explained with the story of the Tower of Babel, where all roads once led. The term "pagan" in itself is too simplistic a term to describe what was going at the Tower of Babel. Given that pretty much every ancient culture was once monotheistic in belief and over time degraded into pantheism and even atheism in some cases (which is the history of America in itself as well), I have concluded that the themes that are taught in the Bible such as the astrological signs of the heavens that may have some correlation with older cultures can be easily explained by those cultures perverting what they originally meant, of which we will never truly know. We do know according to some scholars that some of the constellation figures seems to have a connection with some incidents in Genesis. Christianity never actually "plagiarized" anything.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by BlackManINC

No, Christianity itself didn't plagiarize anything, only those who set it up. Jesus' form of "Christianity" was totally different from what Rome legalized in my opinion.

Rome was a pagan empire before they legalized Christianity and were known for religious and cultural diffusion, that is taking others ideas and incorporating them into their own, so it's no big surprise that pagan themes are all throughout the gospels and Acts.

I personally think it's fairly obvious what happened, but that's because I'm on the outside looking in.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Rome adopted Paul's gospel which rejected Yeshua's gospel. I just read an amazing account believed by some to be written by 1 Clement who was the Apostle Peter's chosen successor. According to Clement, there was such disagreement between Peter and James against Paul that one should seriously reconsider trusting Paul's accounts. Paul had the audacity to actually say that the Apostles could not really know what Yeshua meant because they were listening to him and could have been confused while he, Paul, had divine revelation according to Paul. There is an old saying that goes he who wins gets to write the history. You can read about :

Hidden Truths – Paul Allegedly threw Jesus brother James down the Steps and incited a Riot killing Stephen

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackManINC

Did religion evolve from primitive nature worship, to belief in many gods, to belief in a single creator God?

Paul James-Griffiths challenges this view as he examines ancient cultures and religions. He shows how the texts and customs of multiple ancient cultures converge on the major events recorded in the early chapters of Genesis. Paul then argues these religions that diverge in many other ways must have had a common root - Genesis.

Tracing Genesis Through Ancient Culture:

The evidence in this video explains what the apostle Paul was referring to in the scripture below, that there was a brief time in history when all of humanity knew who God was but soon became, in a nutshell, evolutionary pantheists after the Lord scattered the populace from the Tower of Babel, where every form of spiritual adultery and idolatry originated.

Because that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath shewed it unto them.
For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools, And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things. Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves: Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen. - Romans 1: 19-25

Related: Exposing the Pagan Roots of Evolution

This is my favorite area of study, and I want to thank you for this video. I went to their site, and found this fun java program about just trying to get the moon into orbit based on Newton's laws of gravity. I had a go and found it impossible. Maybe one of you can get it to work:

edinburghcreationgroup.org...

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 04:27 PM
link   
If you would like to learn the truth of this world or the next. Or if you would like to learn about Judaism, Christianity, Islam, or any of the profits dating from the time of Adam till now (which there were lots and lots of profits) take a look at the teaching of the Holy Qu 'ran. Everything you need to know is in there in plain sight with no interpolations. You Don't need to read in between the lines or try to understand what is meant, the meaning is already written for you. Just saying, Paul's Gospel is the ideals of a man. However I do agree, the Romans did a number on Christianity. Jesus himself, along with every other profit, was a Muslim. (Muslim stands for a person who adopted Islam). And everyone who is truly God-Fearing has undoubtedly adopted Islam, whether you read the Qu 'ran or not. (remember we were all born Muslims, for without outside influence we would all understand the meaning of Islam)
edit on 8-7-2013 by NeoMuslim because: Changed Eve to Adam (however Eve is still just as important)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I'll watch the video before I comment.
Back later...

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Very good video you have found. I have read and assembled a lot of what the man was talking about but there was some new stuff I had not seen. I wasn't aware of the book of Adam that Moses referenced. I must have missed that in my readings of the bible. I enjoy seeing stuff like this. I have thought that the bible was created from older history for a while and felt that the main creator was the same. I personally think god is a communication or link that connects everything. One that we have been conditioned to ignore.

S&F. Anything I can learn from and adjust my thinking a little with is great. Although it does not change my beliefs, it helps me to refine them and helps me to understand why people believe so different than others. I believe that at one time people had an unspoken language but lost this ability and this messed up communication. Just like we even now complicate the language so others that differ do not truly understand. I see this even in the sciences. A language created and used to suppress others who do not know the words. We complicate things too much. Knowledge does not have to be hard to understand unless you want it to. I see words being used to control others all the time, in all aspects of society. Look at the complexity of laws.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I'll need to dig deep into this one and get more info

posted on Jul, 12 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by NeoMuslim
If you would like to learn the truth of this world or the next. Or if you would like to learn about Judaism, Christianity, Islam, or any of the profits dating from the time of Adam till now (which there were lots and lots of profits) take a look at the teaching of the Holy Qu 'ran. Everything you need to know is in there in plain sight with no interpolations. You Don't need to read in between the lines or try to understand what is meant, the meaning is already written for you. Just saying, Paul's Gospel is the ideals of a man. However I do agree, the Romans did a number on Christianity. Jesus himself, along with every other profit, was a Muslim. (Muslim stands for a person who adopted Islam). And everyone who is truly God-Fearing has undoubtedly adopted Islam, whether you read the Qu 'ran or not. (remember we were all born Muslims, for without outside influence we would all understand the meaning of Islam)
edit on 8-7-2013 by NeoMuslim because: Changed Eve to Adam (however Eve is still just as important)

So your telling me that the head hunters of Borneo or the indigenous tribes of South America who have never seen civilization are Muslims? Was the whole world Muslim 4,000 years ago? Were the ancient Acadians Muslim the first civilization?

posted on Aug, 26 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Israel : 3,000 Year Old Text sheds light on Biblical History of King Davids time:

As great as this find is at face value, I always express extreme caution for anything coming from academia and the media, mainstream and alternative for their long history of promoting archeological evidence that were later exposed for the frauds they were, a few of which are still in the school books as absolute fact. This piece of claypot may be genuine but we shouldn’t take at face value whatever the establishment institutes tell us the text says. They probably know what it says but is being purposely left in ambiguity for an ulterior motive ultimately geared towards discrediting the Bible, as is always the case with anything the establishment promotes. There is a 99% chance that the motive will be to redefine the Bible with E.T, after they tell us we got the Bible all wrong, the same way our entire culture and every ancient megalithic structure is being redefined with E.T.

edit on 26-8-2013 by BlackManINC because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join