It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Columbus, Ohio UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Hey, haven't posted on this website in years, but thought you guys would enjoy seeing these videos. This was an alleged UFO sighting in Columbus earlier tonight. Local news reported on it and tons of people saw it. Originally the media said it was probably Chinese lanterns, and later the police said it was an emergency flare. I personally don't believe in UFOs, but the videos are pretty cool. Hope you guys enjoy!

EDIT - The lights have been confirmed as skydivers

edit on 7-7-2013 by Ratzaroony because: Fixed links

edit on 7-7-2013 by Ratzaroony because: Correction

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Well, it appears to be the classic lights that move around and fade in and out.

Is it a craft of extraterrestrial origin? I really couldn't pretend to know enough to be an expert but to me the lights are peculiar. It may be lanterns but I am leaning towards some sort of night exercises being preformed by the military.

I do know sometimes, they run drills where teams with parachutes have flares attached and when they sky dive, it can completely give the effect of our UFO fascination.

To me this video is just way too difficult to discern what it is, so until we get a better explanation I guess the lights could be classified as Unidentified Flying Objects. Are they Aliens? I think the answer lays more in the terrestrial boundaries.

edit on 7/7/2013 by mcx1942 because: fix

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:14 AM
link   
It has been confirmed that the lights were from a skydiving group putting on a show at the Scioto Downs Racetrack.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:25 AM
link   
Agreed. Here is a link to the story attributing the lights to the skydivers:

Local news

COLUMBUS, Ohio - Columbus police have confirmed to 10TV that lights visible across the sky in Franklin, Pickaway and surrounding counties were caused by a sky diving light show at Scioto Downs.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:30 AM
link   
What I saw was not flares....
Triangle craft is what

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:48 AM
link   
This video below shows a good example of skydivers with flares. Notice how it is very obvious at the beginning of the video but when they deploy their shoots, it gives off the appearance of crafts hovering around. The people filming probably did not see them until after they had deployed their shoots.

Video Description:

(This is confirmed as skydivers with flares so it goes to show how fancy some supposed ufo's vids can look even though they have mundane explanations. Still cool though) This is a good video of this particular sighting. People say its skydivers with flares. It does not seem like that but i am not a skydiver and i know little abotut nightime skydiving.

Trust me, I want UFOs and other worldly beings to exist too.

But it goes to show how humans can want something to be real and be tricked into thinking it may be real. When it is actually the old "our minds playing tricks on us" syndrome we have to suffer with for having the curse of becoming self aware sentient beings.

edit on 7/7/2013 by mcx1942 because: bad typer

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by youdidntseeme
Agreed. Here is a link to the story attributing the lights to the skydivers:

Local news

COLUMBUS, Ohio - Columbus police have confirmed to 10TV that lights visible across the sky in Franklin, Pickaway and surrounding counties were caused by a sky diving light show at Scioto Downs.

Haha all of Columbus freaking out over skydivers. Hilarious! I figured it wasn't UFOs, but never would have guessed skydivers! Very cool to see how easily things can be misinterpreted!

top topics

join