It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Self-learning program learns to win by killing?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I saw this a while back and can no longer find it. It was a program that randomly created these block creatures that had to self-learn how to move. Two of these creatures were created in one a round on a map and given a task, get to a square in the middle. The first one there was kept to go on to the next round while the other was erased. They kept doing this and it went normal until one creature learned that if it killed the other creature first, it would always win. So, the creature every round would kill the other one and go to the block in the middle and win. after a couple of rounds, the program was deleted for fear of what else it might do.

I was wondering if anyone could give me the name of this program or the study or help me find someone who would know. It was on a ted talk so if you know the name of it that would be great if you could give it to me.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CKBURNS

I remember this as well, it was some sort of underwater creature simulation.

I also tried to find out what this was, I don't remember where I saw it, but came up blank. I would also be appreciative if someone can remember what this is.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

I looked for it for two hours tonight and couldn't find it.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I'm looking now too because it sounds interesting. Any other details?

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:48 PM
link   
I do not understand, they deleted the program "fear of what it might do" I would probably understand had I seen the vid. But what harm could be done by a block of pixels on a screen?

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:51 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by ecapsretuo

"I Robot--The story of the rise of the machine and the decline of the man, which paradoxically coincided with his discovery of the wheel...and a warning that his brief dominance of this planet will probably end, because man tried to create robot in his own image."

I can't help but think of this synopsis when reading the OP

edit on 7-7-2013 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CKBURNS

I was wondering if anyone could give me the name of this program

Skynet.

new topics

top topics

join