It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some very old photo's Historical - USA - UK - Wild west :)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotel1
Superb!. A pyramid of captured German helmets go to it Masonic conspiracy theorists. A sad portrayal of the poverty of the working classes in London and The British Isles at the time. The woman sitting down on the doorstep brings to my mind the sort of poor unfortunate that the victims of Jack The Ripper would have been, in fact old Jackie Boy himself may even be in one of those pictures. S&F without any hesitation and my thanks and respect.
edit on 7-7-2013 by hotel1 because: My mistake she is not holding a child she is sitting on a doorstep with a shawl draped around her

edit on 7-7-2013 by hotel1 because: (no reason given)

A pyramid of captured German helmets go to it Masonic conspiracy theorists.

The lady sitting on the steps is one of the saddest pictures I've ever seen.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
The first picture in the American West portion appears to show the Apache chief Geronimo seated at the bottom left. Over all an excellent series of pictures to ponder over. People sure were ugly back in the old days. But they loved their hats.
Geronimo! Wow, I'll pass that info back to my friend

People sure were ugly back in the old days.
That comment really caught my eye. While my friend was showing me these pics he said "You don't see hobgoblin children anymore". I asked him what he meant and he said "Think back to early school days, all the children with goofy teeth, boss eyed, big ears etc" And he's right, we don't see that anymore.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

Originally posted by hotel1
Superb!. A pyramid of captured German helmets go to it Masonic conspiracy theorists. A sad portrayal of the poverty of the working classes in London and The British Isles at the time. The woman sitting down on the doorstep brings to my mind the sort of poor unfortunate that the victims of Jack The Ripper would have been, in fact old Jackie Boy himself may even be in one of those pictures. S&F without any hesitation and my thanks and respect.
edit on 7-7-2013 by hotel1 because: My mistake she is not holding a child she is sitting on a doorstep with a shawl draped around her

edit on 7-7-2013 by hotel1 because: (no reason given)

A pyramid of captured German helmets go to it Masonic conspiracy theorists.

The lady sitting on the steps is one of the saddest pictures I've ever seen.

I know. But if any good can come from the capturing of something so heartbreakingly pitiful, it is that it serves to remind us of how truly fortunate we are to have been born here today in these much better times.

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Wow this really is my kind of thing, I have loads of pics saved on my phone of Washington being built and all the monuments there but I don’t know how to embed, if someone would like me the share these pm your email address and I will gladly email them over.

J

posted on Jul, 8 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
sorry I have the american civil war pics

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk

I can't imagine how hard of a life this poor Women had. I am sure it was an endless day to day struggle. Indeed we are very fortunate to have been born now instead of back then. ~$heopleNation

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by soulwaxer
reply to post by VoidHawk

eta: What kind of dog is that???

edit on 7-7-2013 by soulwaxer because: (no reason given)

Never mind the dog! What about the ghost on the right????

Dun Dun Duunnnnnnn!

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by RiverRunsFree

Originally posted by soulwaxer

eta: What kind of dog is that???

edit on 7-7-2013 by soulwaxer because: (no reason given)

Never mind the dog! What about the ghost on the right????

Dun Dun Duunnnnnnn!

well spotted.
I suspect thats caused by the shutter speed being so slow back then that the guy had time to move into the picture, or maybe

posted on Jul, 11 2013 @ 06:13 PM
link   

That dude in the hat holding the towel looks like he's having a bad one. Maybe his boss just told him he was sorry but he has no choice but to let him go. ~$heopleNation

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Image number 6, Joseph Goebbels...

ever wonder why he has a scowl on his face?
...he just found out that the photographer is a Jew.

- and no, that's not a joke.

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Awesome post...
thanks for making it..s and f...

I was a huge fan of Deadwood so I received the companion book which shows pictures of the actual people the characters were based on.. Sure no one knows if Al acted the way he did but it's still awesome seeing pics of him in real life.
edit on 24-8-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2013 @ 10:36 PM
link   

files.abovetopsecret.com...

Wow, Timmy Geitner's grandpa!

posted on Sep, 2 2013 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Excellent quality and vintage, my compliments, Mr.Goebbels seems a little perplexed in that photo, without his "working" uniform on he feels empty.

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Awesome stuff. It was a Treat to look at. Thank You

posted on Sep, 11 2013 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I have a few thousand from the area I live in dating back to 1870. Before that the area wasn't really settled yet (the fierce Comanche were still in charge out here, until we killed all the Buffalo to starve them out).

I will upload them, but itll have to wait till i get back in front of my work laptop. They are all on there.

posted on Sep, 24 2013 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Wow...pictures like these really make me want to travel back in time. I want to walk where they walked, smell what they smelled, see and hear what they saw and heard. I want to feel what it was like to exist in that world, to live in that society. To imagine that so much has changed in sixty years, it's unbelievable. To see what we once were. It's fascinating on all sorts of levels. People say they wish they could travel to the future - I want to travel to the past. Forty, fifty, eighty years. I want to taste where we come from. This is a tantalizing glimpse of what I might see if I did.

Thank you for this.

posted on Oct, 4 2013 @ 09:18 PM
link   

smyleegrl
I love looking at old photos. I can't help but think.....all those people, captured in a brief moment of time...are now dead. I know that's an incredibly morbid thought, but there you go.

Maybe one day, 100 years from now, someone will come across my photograph and ponder my life, even if for just a moment. Could that be the secret to immortality?

wouldn't it be neat to time travel? go to those places, even interact as long as you stay in character.

Like go back in time and watch your grandparent play as a small child.

edit on 4-10-2013 by HanzHenry because: words

posted on Dec, 10 2013 @ 12:35 AM
link   

soulwaxer
reply to post by soulwaxer

This was way before modern pain-killers. The guy has a tooth-ache...

they had opium dens in those days and drugs also came in over the counter products.

posted on Feb, 9 2014 @ 08:21 PM
link   

VoidHawk

Goebbels, Hitler’s Propaganda Minister. 1933 in Geneva.

If Memory serves me right, this is a photo taken by a Jewish Journalist. Goebbels had been informed of that just prior to the snapping of the photo.

posted on Mar, 5 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   
Amazing pictures.Especially of the post civil war American west when you consider the photographers had to lug those heavy bulky early cameras around.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join