It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PRISM - The Mirror That Betrays You

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Minority report?

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

Im with jadedANDcynical.

I believe that this is all designed to control, like we don't have enough of that already.

Problem with it?

Its Global in its effort. You have NOWHERE to hide. Like I said before, this isn't paranoia. Its the damn truth.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:29 PM
link   
As always Heff, great thread that gives us no BS and hard reality!

I think it's safe to say that the Orwellian state is pretty much here and you may have made the case for it.

Great thread!

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
S&F!!
Nothing to really add. You pretty much nailed it!! The question though is, how the heck do you stop the machine? It almost feels like it is too late to really do anything about it. Maybe we are The Walking Dead...we just haven't consciously accepted it yet......

I agree. I think it IS too late to reverse this "machine".

The good news is, nothing lasts forever. Whether it is in 10 days, 10 years, or 100 years.....the establishment will implode on itself, and we can create something new. That is way of mankind. Trial and error.
edit on 7/7/2013 by supermarket2012 because: added post

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

S&F for all the work you did in putting the OPs together.

As I've said over & over again, it will only get worse. The spying tech will become more sophisticated and discreet. If we're forced by law to sign up for Obamacare, it means our medical history will be online and hackable. Privacy died years ago, but the tools for invading our privacy have become more & more effective.

The foundation for the Internet was the WWMCCS (world wide military command & control system), how appropriate.

It should be obvious (for anyone paying attention to recent events), that we do not live in a "free" society.
It's a Fascist state, and has been for a long time. It's just become so obvious lately that more & more people are finally waking up to it.

It appears that TPTB will get everything they've been working towards for decades: an open border with Mexico, a US that is no longer a sovereign nation, a desperate slave class that will work for peanuts, a NWO "One World" government, etc., etc.

The only thing that could stop this, is the collapse of the current system. "Peak Oil" may be a good thing in the long run, but I'm afraid there's going to be a bloodbath in the meantime and a country (& world) that will be unrecognizable when it's all over.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Nice one Hefficide.

It would amaze some people to know that some Private Corporations have Pervasive and Intrusive Data Mining
Techniques and other advanced systems.

Some would argue that these are even more advanced than the current ones you have mentioned.

Microsoft and Apple have their hands dirty as well. The Military Contractors are at the top of their game .

Insurance Companies are hot and heavy too.

I would not underestimate these private entities for a moment.

But Hey, that is the trade off. The attitude is, We gave you The Internet, We have the right to watch.

Take it or Leave it. That is NSA.

But Private Corporations have no such right unless you click on the "Terms of Agreement"

Accept Button. That is how they Ream You.

It really is a rigged game, but it is still fun to play for Hoots and Giggles.

S&F

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 05:00 AM
link   

The US has been spying on it's own citizens for it's entire history, as has almost every country.

Technology just makes it a lot easier to build up meaningful profiles... though... technology makes as all lazier... same with the Feds...

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 05:19 AM
link   

TextOn the other hand... How long is it before we live in a world where a knock on the door is followed by a trip to a small, cement room - all to be interrogated or even charged based upon what the computer systems had to predict or say about us? How long before we see reeducation camps in the Western world? Even more troubling... what if camps are totally unnecessary? What if our daily lives are the camps and the diet of media and culture we're being fed is being dictated by those computer matrices and is designed to alter our ways of thinking... to brainwash us into capitulation?

Soon those knocks will begin if they haven't already. We are already being brainwashed as a group with msm.

Targeted manipulation is occurring, one would like to hope without a political agenda already. Both google and youtube only provide the search results they think you are looking for. I erase my history constantly on youtube, but the 'recommended for you' offerings do not change.

The ads we are exposed to online and now even as we walk through the mall are tailor made for us.

Evidently TPTB are still more interested in getting our money and care not so much at this point about our minds. Maybe that has already been covered, or maybe our government is merely behind in utilizing what is available.

The infrastructure is in place, now they merely await an 'event'. Imho

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamschist

TextOn the other hand... How long is it before we live in a world where a knock on the door is followed by a trip to a small, cement room - all to be interrogated or even charged based upon what the computer systems had to predict or say about us? How long before we see reeducation camps in the Western world? Even more troubling... what if camps are totally unnecessary? What if our daily lives are the camps and the diet of media and culture we're being fed is being dictated by those computer matrices and is designed to alter our ways of thinking... to brainwash us into capitulation?

Soon those knocks will begin if they haven't already. We are already being brainwashed as a group with msm.

Targeted manipulation is occurring, one would like to hope without a political agenda already. Both google and youtube only provide the search results they think you are looking for. I erase my history constantly on youtube, but the 'recommended for you' offerings do not change.

The ads we are exposed to online and now even as we walk through the mall are tailor made for us.

Evidently TPTB are still more interested in getting our money and care not so much at this point about our minds. Maybe that has already been covered, or maybe our government is merely behind in utilizing what is available.

The infrastructure is in place, now they merely await an 'event'. Imho

The founding fathers engaged in Propaganda... as a choice... and people like Bernays mainstreamed it.

This is not a modern thing and it's not going anywhere... and so far it hasn't resulted in fascism... though it is used by government and corporations to sell sell sell. The trick with government and commerce is the same: be an informed consumer.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by superannoyingreality

This is not a modern thing and it's not going anywhere... and so far it hasn't resulted in fascism... though it is used by government and corporations to sell sell sell. The trick with government and commerce is the same: be an informed consumer.

Who decided I needed to be 'informed' and who decided to limit my information? I don't think deciding what I need to know to be informed falls into the harmless category of merchandising. It may have started that way, but it has reached a whole new level today and our government adopted the techniques to 'sell' how many wars? Don't tell me this is just about information.
edit on 7-7-2013 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Propaganda... even targeted propaganda is only a small aspect of what is going on currently. In fact being propagandized is likely one of the less devious elements in play with PRISM and the programs that preceded it ( Carnivore, Echelon, etc ).

This is a whole new animal. Predictive modelling, utilizing supercomputers, focused upon a society that is so inherently tied into the data stream - all rendered and analyzed in virtual real time? That is utterly unprecedented in the history of humanity. This is highly precise, extremely invasive and broad spectrum - yet with the ability to be extremely focused if so desired.

Twenty or thirty years ago cops were digging in trash cans and tapping phones to get shards of information. Now that information stream is just landing in their lap and is far more complete and telling than anything they previously could access or collate.
edit on 7/7/13 by Hefficide because: Added a word for sentence clarity

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:01 AM
link   

I'm not sure you can successfully back up the claim that an automatic profile generated by a computer - a colation of data, is more invasive than cops diggin through your trash, bugging your house and phones, following you and secretly photographing you.

In the last few decades those were basic first steps used by the police. These days they use computers before they target people, in many cases.

I don't know. Both seem pretty darn intrusive and if you're being targeted by a physical (as opposed to a virtual) cop, you'd probably not feel wildly free.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

You don't know your history.

Go learn about Bernays.

This is NOT a modern thing.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by superannoyingreality

Go learn about Bernays.

How is that possibly relevant? I could care less if it 'modern' or not. As Heff pointed out it has reached far beyond the past. It is now possible to use even what you look at to manipulate you. You are the one who is living in a dream if you think what is going on today remotely compares.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Just posting so I can come back and read more thoroughly.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Hefficide, you are one of my favorite authors here on ATS.

This thread is exactly why. You say what we all are wondering.
Beyond the sheer magnitude of the implications, I have to ponder...

Why are we allowing this to be created?
We...the very citizens whom which are spied on....built this network!
The "big bad gov't" isn't capable of physical labor literally.
It needs normal people like you and I, or contractors, to build things.
So, in theory, we built our own demise.

All for a paycheck.
Money.

As much as we deny our own faults...without people the gov't is nothing.
No revenue, no workforce, no military, no might.
We created this mess, albeit indirectly...so we must stop it.
Can we? Yup! First step in recovery is admitting the problem.
We must admit our problem.

Excellent thread and one I will follow.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by superannoyingreality

Go learn about Bernays.

How is that possibly relevant? I could care less if it 'modern' or not. As Heff pointed out it has reached far beyond the past. It is now possible to use even what you look at to manipulate you. You are the one who is living in a dream if you think what is going on today remotely compares.

First, if you don't think or understand that history is relevant, well... What can I say?

As for the contention (as that's all it is) that this is worse than what's come before it... Well... Maybe if you knew your history, instead of dismissing its importance, you could have your own opinion.

I do know history, and do understand this current situation, and my opinion is that given the completely unregulated nature of domestic surveillance in the past, even a bit of regulation/oversight is better than none. Which is what we used to have.

People are outraged, but they're also wildly uninformed and hyperbolic.

All governments spy on their people. They always have. It's unstoppable. The best solution is to make it as transparent and regulated as possible, to prevent as much abuse as possible.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   

Come visit me in the relocation camp, bring your history and we will talk.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Come visit me in the relocation camp, bring your history and we will talk.

Lol. Considering this has literally been happening, monitoring of private correspondence with little or no oversight, since 1776, and so far (unless you were Japanese in WW2) no camps, I think we're gonna be fine.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Just read Alexander Solzhenitsyn for a shape up of how all this information will be used against you someday.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join