It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Greatest Truth?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Than, how can it be known? who is the knower.
And above all, is the knower sure of himself that this is ultimately real, based on what.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthling42
reply to post by Itisnowagain

Than, how can it be known? who is the knower.
And above all, is the knower sure of himself that this is ultimately real, based on what.

Nothing is knowing the appearing appearance.
Emptiness is perceiving.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:12 PM
link   
We can all discuss "What is the Greatest Truth" all day but we will never truly know until we die. And at that time when we learn of this truth some will realize that they were truly wrong.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The reason why all of space, all of time, all of the contents of space-time exists is to produce a realm of nothingness that consciousness can possess, using finites (us) as proxies, absorbing it so omnipresence can claim It also exists inside of absolute non-existence. Thereby It becomes true to the definition of being omnipresent. Existing even inside of absolute non-existence. Everything else is parasitic oscillations.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I think that there is no greatest truth.

The best way to learn the truth is more important in my opinion. History shows us that we have thought we knew the truth many times, but we were proven wrong, again and again.

We should simply accept the truth, that we learned with our best and most scientific knowledge that we used to answer our questions at the time.
We should always stay alert, so we can learn new things and improve ourselves and our knowledge. So we can change our minds and eliminate mistakes and false information, when we learn we were wrong.

Accept the unexpected. Even when we already thought to know the truth.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

What is the Greatest Truth?

We, as a species, are not as smart as we like to think we are. From there, most of the world's problems are easily delved.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

Frankly, I'm getting lost. As the discussion has turned to waves and nodes, and whether the past existed, etc., I find my limited education unable to keep up.

I did have a quick thought (which your thought-provoking threads usually cause), I wonder if Love is the Truth, or whether we have to love to see the truth.

Just as an example, and not an attempt to make this religious, you've seen religion threads in which one side will say "I need quantifiable proof," and the other says "If you'd just open your eyes (or meditate, or whatever) you'd see and understand."

Could that be the situation here?

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

the greatest truth is that you are ALWAY beyond anything that is perceivable. You will never find yourself!

Because you ARE the reality which you perceive without being an object in it.

THis in an eternal Truth,...

true in every dimension of existence for every being..

This is what is meant by : you are created in the image of god.

The All Seing Eye can not see itself.

You are that!

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:02 PM
link   
The Truth is that we as humans search our entire lives for our God.

Whether it's in the form of a faith-dipped religeon that requires the
searcher to show humility to the mysterious deity or a belief that
one's superior flies a 'nuts and bolt's craft with an agenda that
involves cattle mutilations.

Whatever the specifics, we mentally look to the heavens and
hope someone is driving this particular bus.

It's been like that since we saw the first nightfall.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ShadellacZumbrum

That's your opinion.
Despite, my use of (BIG) words to appear intelligent, in some cases I see things very simply. I merely use what I've learned.
I was asked "What's the meaning of life?" when I was pretty young, and without missing a beat, I gave the answer that seemed to me to be the correct one. It wasn't a matter of deep introspective thought, it just made sense.
As I've gotten older, I've come to realize that sometimes big questions don't always need a tremendous mind & intellect to find an answer, & in some case, That may even be a hindrance.
Once again, what is the meaning of life?

TO LIVE>

reply to post by charles1952

Thank you.
edit on 7-7-2013 by grimlocked because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

Frankly, I'm getting lost. As the discussion has turned to waves and nodes, and whether the past existed, etc., I find my limited education unable to keep up.

With respect,
Charles1952

Your "lack of education" helps you to quickly see through the BS ...

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

What is the greatest truth?

1 Corinthians 13
New International Version (NIV)

8 Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. 9 For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10 but when completeness comes, what is in part disappears. 11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. 12 For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known.

13 And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

I think this "universal energy" is within all of us, it is consciousness, the spirit, that which gives us Light.

Science will never be able to explain it because it cannot be seen, and science can only explain the observable, not the observer.

I agree. It was expressed in the bible as this:
Jeremiah 31:3 KJV

But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, saith the LORD, I will put my law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts; and will be their God, and they shall be my people.

biblehub.com...

books.google.com... behLlkZElvk&hl=en&sa=X&ei=UdHZUavsNqjNiwKimIHwBQ&ved=0CFUQ6AEwBg#v=onepage&q=truth%20is%20written%20in%20our%20inward%20parts&f=false

edit on 7-7-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

And here:

Romans 1
20 For since the creation of the world God's invisible qualities--his eternal power and divine nature--have been clearly seen, being understood from what has been made, so that people are without excuse.

Consciousness are these "invisible qualities", such as the five senses and thoughts, and those qualities belong to us.

I rarely agree with anything Paul says, but I think this quote is spot on.
edit on 7-7-2013 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

You are alive.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I think it is a good testament that I can post a thread titled "Science shows gravity pulls towards the center of the Earth" and will get flamed at least 40 times for being a mind control, anti-christian, zealot.

But it is very encouraging that someone posts a thread asking what the greatest Truth is, and despite the diversity of response, no one flames or fights.

Awesome.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

The greatest truth is indefinable, because it is beyond our capacity.

It is a feeling that cannot be expressed to convey its true essence.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:46 PM
link   
One could also say, "The greatest truth is that there is no truth."

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 05:04 PM
link   
To me the greatest truth is the Buddha's revelation of shunyata. It is like pointing out the vanishing point upon which everything converges and looking over one's shoulder, the vantage point from which all knowledge can be viewed in perspective.

Realizing shunyata doesn't answer all questions but it removes all confusion about them.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Liquesence
One could also say, "The greatest truth is that there is no truth."

But wouldn't that mean that statement is false?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join