It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Greatest Truth?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
The truth lies hidden

Between Silence and the Void

Trust no one but I

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Yes, the wave of fear subsides, but it doesn't disappear altogether. It's always there, ready to increase when a state of calm decreases.

When the medium is found to be never separate from the waving, the waving is then seen as simply waving.
It is the medium that is found to be calmly watching.
The feeling of fear is just an appearance appearing and subsiding in what never appears but is ever present.

The waving is never experienced. Wherever a person, place, or thing is on that wave, that's where it is. That's what it experiences until it moves further along on that wave.

You never move along but the waving appears different. You might call the waving a 'person' but the person (wave) is appearing in you but does not stay, if you shut your eyes the wave appearing as a person disappears.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 07:26 AM
link   
The greatest truth is that when there is an end to seeking, you will be happy.
You are happiness and you need no more.

edit on 7-7-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Itisnowagain

But what sees all that appears never actually makes an appearance.

Nothing sees all of it. All of these waves are taking place on a stage called the universe, just as water is the stage for all things occurring in and on the ocean.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 07:59 AM
link   

What you call a medium is not a medium.

You are the capacity, in you all appears.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

No, I am a collection of waves brushing up against (and sometimes colliding) with other waves.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   

Nothing sees all of it.

What is appearing is appearing in you. That is all there is appearing.
Anything 'else' is no more than an idea appearing in you.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:03 AM
link   

No, I am a collection of waves brushing up against (and sometimes colliding) with other waves.

This is the commonly held belief.

The waves are appearing in you - you are the medium. The waves move in you.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   

Nothing sees all of it.

What is appearing in the deepest, darkest recesses of the ocean? I don't know. What is appearing in the furthest, coldest regions of space? I don't know. What is appearing beyond my closed door? I don't know. What do you look like? I don't know. Will these appearances remain after I disappear? Yes.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   

No, I am the wave. I am not a beacon. I am not a receiver. My appearance is because of the wave and not the other way around. You are claiming that the ocean is caused by the fish, and not the fish appearing because of the ocean.
edit on 7/7/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Nothing sees all of it.

What is appearing in the deepest, darkest recesses of the ocean? I don't know. What is appearing in the furthest, coldest regions of space? I don't know. What is appearing beyond my closed door? I don't know. What do you look like? I don't know. Will these appearances remain after I disappear? Yes.

If it is not appearing (deep recess of ocean/beyond the closet door) then you can make up a story about it - that is what the mind does. The mind assumes there is something where there is not. Because what isn't can be imagined then it can also be imagined that you will cease to be.

The appearance and you cannot happen separately.
The appearance is constantly changing on the unchanging present.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:14 AM
link   

No, I am the wave. I am not a beacon. I am not a receiver. My appearance is because of the wave and not the other way around. You are claiming that the ocean is caused by the fish, and not the fish appearing because of the ocean.
edit on 7/7/2013 by jiggerj because: (no reason given)

You are empty perception. You are what perceives the appearance.
You are emptiness watching.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:19 AM
link   

My appearance is because of the wave and not the other way around.

You do not appear. You see the appearance.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   

My body experiences the mattress when I am asleep. My body does does experience a tooth being pulled when I am wide awake but full of Novocaine. I appear without any help from me.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   

My body experiences the mattress when I am asleep. My body does does experience a tooth being pulled when I am wide awake but full of Novocaine. I appear without any help from me.

Your body is experienced in wakefulness only.
Your body is experienced.
The body is an appearance that disappears in sleep.
All appearances appear to you (including the sensations the body produces and the thoughts that arise) whilst consciousness is present.
All are waves appearing in you but are never made of anything other than what you are.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
It is possible to have peace for humanity. Don't believe me? Most of us live in peace everyday. Its not the law or a government that keeps people from harming each other. Its the people. People like you and me. I don't need a government to give me a moral compass. I don't need a government to tell me its wrong to kill. Humanity is more humane than we give ourselves credit for.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I appear without any help from me.

The appearance is appearing - no one is doing it.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:43 AM
link   
Morning, folks.

I'd like to take a stab at this one...

First, though, I want to point out that others have stated things with which I agree more or less...
I like jigger's 'wave' theory - I like dollukka's post perhaps most of all...

We are an infinitesimally SMALL part of a vast interconnected 'being' we know as the Universe. (In that I include multiverses, dimensions, things seen and things UNSEEN.....

I think the absolute Truth is that we can NOT know the absolute Truth as long as we are in human physical vessels. We can extrapolate, imagine, create maths and formulas that SEEM to make sense- but there is always, always, something deeper, and tinier, that we cannot do anything but conceive of.

We are limited by our senses. This is a scientific fact, discovered by examination of the sensory faculties of other animals, for example "eyes". We have determined that our 'vision' is unlike some other creatures' 'vision' - that our pace of life is different from, say, a mosquito's or a fly's - we can swat our hands so fast that it's a blur to our own vision, but the insect sees it coming as though in slow motion. ....

We are a tiny blip on a vast scale of a cycle, a Wave, that rises and falls. We are 'illusioned' to feel things as solid matter, when at their basest, quantum level, nothing is "solid", and Dark Matter and Dark Energy seem. as far as we can tell, to be 'The Force' that holds it all together.

But we can't REALLY KNOW, not in these physical bodies, with our brains. We can only try to make sense of it.
We are not the be-all and end-all of the cosmos, nor are we able to learn in one lifetime all there is to know.

The Absolute Truth is that all things cycle in and out of 'vitality' -- including our own 'spirit' or 'animus' -- and we know that We Don't Have the Capacity to discover ALL of the absolute Truth. They say that when we die, all will be revealed. I'm really hoping that is the case.

I also believe we - our "I" - cycle in and out of various states of "matter" or "energy" - and that what makes us up is an ecosystem itself....we ourselves are made up of a cacophony of various microbes, water, and human cells. We are unaware of these microbial 'cohabitors' in our bodies - and we are, in all likelihood, part of a MUCH VASTER entity. The microbes do not "know" they are part of me walking around. Likewise, we do not know that "we" are a part of something else......all that is seen, and unseen, heard, and beyond our hearing, we don't "feel" the microbes that make up such a huge portion of our bodies, but without them we would die.

I believe we are an integral part of the 'Creation', but, like all species and elements, we can "infect" and throw the balance off of this organism. We need to take heed of that. We are not "islands" - we ARE ALL CONNECTED.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
We are an infinitesimally SMALL part of a vast interconnected 'being' we know as the Universe. (In that I include multiverses, dimensions, things seen and things UNSEEN.....

You think you are small because thinking tells you so.
The unseen is what you are and no thing can be seen without the unseen presence.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

You think you are small because thinking tells you so.

Well, I get where you're going with your trajectory here,
but I find it's better for people to NOT think that they are the center of the Universe. From the time I was a small girl, I've had episodes of what I call "expanding head syndrome" -
where I feel like "I" am bigger than my head - that "I" am "separate" from my body, larger than my body, and for now, a captive in my body.

You mentioned something earlier (to jigger, I think) about wakefulness being the only time we are 'aware' of our physical 'selves' - I have very vivid dreams, every night - and I firmly believe that while we "rest" our bodies in sleep, our "selves" are still busy - in other dimensions that are JUST AS REAL as the waking state we see and feel and hear.

It's all part of a mysterious "whole." What I see, do, hear, taste, feel in my dreams is just as REAL to me as what happens when I'm wakeful. So when Dad is in my dreams, I awaken and smile - I got to see my Dad again last night.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join