It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the Greatest Truth?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Greedy people don't scare me anymore. Why would I be jealous of filthy greedy people when they lack so much in their own lives? Sure, I do without things, but when I look in the mirror I am content with who I am as a person and do not need to chase after happiness with dollars in my hand, like so many of them do. Materialism is to facilitate what you need to exist and to not understand how materialism is not there to foster your ego but to be used as a tool to continue searching for truth in this reality is where people become confused. People become so used to having and handling material things that they start thinking they have rights to trespass upon the will of others, but they are miserable loathsome people who will watch their little empires fall.

The problem is not having possessions, but not using what you have obtained...for good.

You can lose these things at any time.... and oh, how easily they forget.

To me, that is the greatest truth and it covers more than just greed but also actions.

Those who deprive me now, will be deprived. Those who put obstacles in my way, will find they have made more of a stumbling path for themselves than anyone. Those who ruin lives will never find true spiritual satisfaction.
Those who harm others have been whittling away at their own extremities in blindness... and soon they will realize.

To have the psychological false flag mind rapers attempt to teach me lessons and lie to me about the world is proof of their desperation and justice will be served by their own hand. They can take everything, ruin every opportunity, render me and others like me who refuse their ways, helpless... tie our hands behind our backs... try to control everything in this world.... but the joy and satisfaction that we will get in watching their houses of cards crumble and fall is sweeter than any amount of control.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

[see prior post for appropriate context]

Forgiveness. Absolute, radical, transformative, forgiveness, in and on the unconditioned ground of all being and becoming according to a standard of "Justice" that is met only by its Absolute Love and tender Mercy, in forgiveness - by (get this) one among us, from among the "we" AS God (love made known ie: transparent), so it's "all good" and everything comes through the wash so to speak and through the "baptism" (ocean of objective truth and reality) as an evolutionary principal of growth and new possibility who's only requirement as an all-or-nothing proposition is that it be freely received as it is freely given as a free gift, of eternal life.

And yet, by its very nature it's a free gift of incalculable value and thus the kind of thing none of the rest of us really earned or worked for, so it's the Ultimate Free Lunch (UFL). That's the greatest truth in time and history, the great gift of life itself, not just "life" of a manifest outward appearance or materialist monism (matter alone is primary) but the spiritual life which is beyond corruption and that never dies and which being an experience is the only knowable greatest "truth" (we cannot know what we do not know).

The Supreme Challenge (TSC), therefore, being "merely" that of how precisely to summon up the necessary courage and the audacity by which to receive it and receive it in full (without compromise), or, simply put, the courage, to be HAPPY and a light to others (for all in the house) transcendent of mere circumstance. This is the "Good News" ie: that's it's possible, and that a way has been made for our good-loving, good-natured, good-willed HUMOR, and childlike wonderment and glee, to be utterly restored in a heartbeat and in the twinkling of an eye.

And in the final analysis at the end of the day - what else are we to do?

What else CAN we actually "do"?

"Apart from me you can do nothing."

~ Jesus "of Nazareth", meaning "of the authentic, truthful variety" (there were a lot of would be Messiah's running around back then)

That's FUNNY! imho.

"Royally screwed" indeed, we are! (said like Yoda, and punctuated with cackling laughter..)

Best regards, and God Bless (it's happening anyway if you've found yourself already included),

NAM

edit on 9-7-2013 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Originally posted by Akragon
I've still concluded that Love is the ultimate truth though

Which seems to remain unchallenged...

I'm not sure how, reality always demonstrates that there is more things than love (hatred, apathy, etc.).

Seeing that love is "the ultimate truth" is to say that everything else is not as real, which is just a lie or delusion. Hatred and Anger can have just as huge of an affect as love.

We can see the affects in reality.

Truth is truth. There is no "greater" or "lesser" truth. Something is either real or not.

I guess, if there is something that humans can "do" to be "close" to truth, that would be to be as honest as possible because Honesty is admitting how you TRULY feel, and the Truth will set you free to be as you are. Then it is everyone else's choice if they unconditionally love you or not, if they love the truth (honesty) or hate it.

posted on Jul, 9 2013 @ 11:18 PM
link   
As you say, everybody's truth may be different.

Well what is truth? Truths are things based upon proofs..

In that case, the greatest proof I can provide is that I exist. Sounds Rene Descartes-ish but it truly is the ultimate truth for any individual. Especially one that begins to question the world around them. They begin to wonder.. what can really be trusted...

You can only trust yourself, even then... senses fail. You can barely trust yourself at times. Which also says a lot.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I'm not sure how, reality always demonstrates that there is more things than love (hatred, apathy, etc.).

Seeing that love is "the ultimate truth" is to say that everything else is not as real, which is just a lie or delusion. Hatred and Anger can have just as huge of an affect as love.

Would you not say that love can conquer those emotions?

yet it doesn't work the other way?

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by mekhanics
The greatest truth is honesty

One's view of Honesty can be shaded by ignorance...

Again... What if one is being honest about something but he doesn't realise he believes something that isn't truth?

The point is to "walk in the light of day" not to go out after dark.
That isn't so much a case of what is true, but rather what is wise.

Like Forest Gump's mother used to say, "You should always try
to do the right thing, unless your conscious gets in the way."

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I'll preface my thoughts with the disclaimer I did not read the entire thread before posting.

Ahh, truth. What so many of us visit sites like this seeking. I would venture to say that our entire life is based on untruths. From the moment we exit the womb, we must wade through the facade that is our existence.

True knowledge of the 'Truth' will forever be a dangling carrot, just fractions from our grasp. Our entire mythos has been founded on the 'forbidden fruit' which is knowledge of truth. From Adam and Eve and the prohibitive tree of knowledge, to our current lot of technological retardation, Man is forever bound by unseen forces/laws, hiding the truth.

When we are born, we enter the world, grow, and live from the basis of a deliberate artificial masking of the truth. We know not why we are here, what purpose to serve, and from whence we came. We may have an inkling that we exist before and after this life but this is far from certainty. Truth evades us.

Many men will claim to have found truth, but only to have peeled off a layer and find yet another layer acting as an infinite obstacle to a deeper truth.

Shakespeare was once quoted

"All the world's a stage,
And all the men and women merely players;
They have their exits and their entrances,
And one man in his time plays many parts"

This sums up my feeling of truth. We will never know it. Our internal being/consciousness is all the truth that I (or anyone else for that matter) know. Every man has their version of it and that is all.

Supposing there are/were supreme deities I doubt they even know what 'truth' is. it doesn't exist. Life is a lie, and we're all forced to play this big, sick game.

Live by the golden rule, and keep on keepin' on. That is all we can do.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 02:58 AM
link   
reply to post by wasaka

I think the worshiping of money comes under worshiping false idols, money lenders and employers is possibly of this category.

People being too busy chasing their tails on a minute by minute / daily / monthly / yearly / lifetime basis over having more and more money and the highest paid job and best products regardless of ethics and instilling their unethical money worshiping corporate ladder climbing is possibly the most major distraction from that which really matters. Be that if it is stress over having enough money for paying the basic necessities, for bettering circumstances or unethical greed it is all a focus that isn't of clear sight. It is man playing God over humanity and nature. Nature will always win, every tsunami, hurricane, flood, earthquake proves that well.

If the vibrational energy of Love is something that reveals Truth and is part of the path to knowledge of / understanding of / being in harmony with The Absolute Truth or omnipotent universal energy / creator energy then humanity is off track.

edit on 10-7-2013 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

Forgiveness God claims to forgive. Forgiveness for mankind's sins. For all of our foibles. Did God forgive Satan? A former angel, who is all intents and purposes, a closer relation to God? Does he forgive those who shun him? Where's this 'unconditional' love or forgiveness? Not so forgiving to humanity pre-Noah's flood eh??

And truth.....? We are living far from any truths I would say. In fact if we were to attain the 'highest truth' why is the entire foundation of our life on earth a LIE? Or to sugar-coat, a necessary falsehood? Why mask the 'truth' upon birth?

I suspect 'knowledge' of the truth isn't something God wants us mere mortals to possess.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

I suspect 'knowledge' of the truth isn't something God wants us mere mortals to possess.

I disagree...

though one must look in the right direction... so to speak

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Joecroft
reply to post by NorEaster

Originally posted by NorEaster
The more you eat, the more you sh*t.

LOL Hilarious…

But just how exactly…does that qualify, as the “Greatest Truth”…???

I’m all ears…

- JC

edit on 9-7-2013 by Joecroft because: (no reason given)

You can want it all, and you can win it all, but there's only so much you can hold onto when all is said and done.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

reply to post by arpgme

But the question was not about "power", "might", and "conquering", the question was about truth. Regardless of the power of love, that still doesn't change the fact that the other emotions are a part of reality/truth and that still doesn't change the fact that not being honest is suppressing truth.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnochWasRight

Luke 10:22, "All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the son, and he to whom the son will reveal him."

All things come from the father and man (mind) cannot know this moment of presence (the son) - only the father can know this moment of presence (the son - the light of consciousness - the actual appearing) and only through seeing this light that is happening now can the father know himself.

Man (the mind) cannot know this moment as he is lost in thoughts in time.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain

Luke 10:22, "All things are delivered to me of my Father: and no man knoweth who the son is, but the Father; and who the Father is, but the son, and he to whom the son will reveal him."

All things come from the father and man (mind) cannot know this moment of presence (the son) - only the father can know this moment of presence (the son - the light of consciousness - the actual appearing) and only through seeing this light that is happening now can the father know himself.

It's ironic you say it this way. I am just finishing my book, The Present is the Gift. In the book, I outline the true meaning of baptism, the identity of the Son and His relation to God compared to our relation to God. The whole book is about the present moment of time. I am curious. What is your source for this information?

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:21 PM
link   

What is your source for this information?

It is what came to mind when I read the quote. I then saw that you had written a thread about this and wrote an expanded reply on there.
edit on 10-7-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

Maybe forgiveness is a two way street..? In other words that because all is one and everything is fresh and new, until we forgive we cannot be forgiven..

Some of us just cannot accept it either and lack the courage and the imagination to receive that which has been freely given and extended.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by Akragon

reply to post by arpgme

But the question was not about "power", "might", and "conquering", the question was about truth. Regardless of the power of love, that still doesn't change the fact that the other emotions are a part of reality/truth and that still doesn't change the fact that not being honest is suppressing truth.

Since the discussion is about "truth" honesty must be a given...

Without which there is no truth

IF love can over come all other negative emotions... It is the greatest emotion...

And the greatest action in truth

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 04:38 PM
link   

So if the mind is still can he know this moment?

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The truth is... ya never know.

posted on Jul, 10 2013 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ImaFungi

Including that statement? Uhoh...paradox.

The Truth is paradoxical, because it can only be true to you.

You really dont believe in absolute truth of any kind, or even the fact that 'right now I just ate a chip' is a true statement and event, that will never change?

A true statement is not necessarily a truth.

"I saw an unidentified flying object."

The above might be a true statement, but the object I saw may have actually just been an experimental airplane being tested by our government, meaning someone somewhere knows what it is. So, is what I said the Truth, or merely a subjectively true statement from my perspective?

Also, "right now I just ate a chip" is not a true statement, as "right now" becomes the past as soon as you live through it. You cannot eat a chip "right now" because there is no actual "right now".

~ Wandering Scribe

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join