It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Knowledge and understanding

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I wanted to share my thoughts on knowledge and understanding using a simple analogy. There appears to be a common belief that knowledge is power and this may be accurate to a certain extent but like all things there is the other side which is weakness.

I see knowledge like water and the individuals understanding like a bucket. If too much water is poured into a certain size bucket it overflows and this spilled water would represent confusion. This confusion is the gateway for manipulation of the mind.
People for the most part have a hunger for knowledge but i would say are too lazy/undisciplined to understand things in their own way. It seems easier to adopt some other persons meaning of the knowledge and run with that. That then gives the other intelligence the upper hand as they can keep pouring water in the bucket and keep the individual in a state of confusion and wonder.

All the mind manipulation going on in the world is through knowledge and the key has been in words. The way the words are presented, the labels used if understood what they represent (which is really just a hierarchy system of thought) can trigger reactions and behaviors in the "weak mind". People who claim "magic" are really just using a banner label to control their illusion and sucking people into their realm which then puts a certain individual at the top manipulating everything under them just like a power pyramid.

I see knowledge as nothing more than an idea for which i then create my own labeling system to understand in my own unique way. As long as i understand my system no one has the upper hand to capture my awareness unless i choose to seek more ideas. People can be very convincing but if i were to believe anyone other than myself i would fall under their "eye" largely because they would represent the keeper of my power/weakness (knowledge).

I am a manipulator, a gold tongue what ever the label would be for someone who is good at influence i cannot help that so i am honest and my intentions transparent which is just a personal choice to avoid mind corruption within myself.
In all honesty everyone is a manipulator (someone who shapes), even the word creates images of insecurity in some peoples mind which they will reject. Some people are just better than others at this and really get of on controlling people for their own personal experience.

Thank you for your attention

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:22 PM
link   
Just watch those watching the television and we can see 99% of what you say is true

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Nice read the curse with the gift.
Perhaps if knowledge is distributed more even less spills or waste space to manipulate better outcomes can be obtained.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
Nice read the curse with the gift.
Perhaps if knowledge is distributed more even less spills or waste space to manipulate better outcomes can be obtained.

NAMASTE*******

Yes i think everyone should have access to all the ideas locked away from the general citizen. If people understood what this knowledge represents it would allow for so much more expression.
I can only speculate though.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by TheomExperience

Well said S&F

Yet there is a contract between knowledge and truth... so what of "Untruth" or "False Knowledge"?

And every person's truth is relative to his or hers own experience...

One holds to their own truth until a higher truth is given... then what was truth gives away to the greater...

So the question becomes... what is the greatest "truth"

edit on 6-7-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I do not even see truth/lies anymore as they are relative to the individual. I see honesty and dishonesty and i use my both my heart and mind to discern what i am dealing with personally.
Someone can tell their "truth" and be dishonest because they have not experienced it to understand it fully.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheomExperience
reply to post by Akragon

I do not even see truth/lies anymore as they are relative to the individual. I see honesty and dishonesty and i use my both my heart and mind to discern what i am dealing with personally.
Someone can tell their "truth" and be dishonest because they have not experienced it to understand it fully.

What if one is being honest about something they believe is true... yet in reality its not?

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Akragon

What if one is being honest about something they believe is true... yet in reality its not?

If a person can see the multiple realities going on it is less threatening.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Logical question Akragon

edit on 7/6/13 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:17 PM
link   

There are 7 billion realities at the moment...

Wouldn't you call that an overflowing bucket if one is to pay attention to even a percentage of that reality?

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Wouldn't you call that an overflowing bucket if one is to pay attention to even a percentage of that reality?

Yes it is what i call an overflowing bucket. There will always be a mean (average) reality to be aware of but for me i have to be able to break away from paradigms as not to get left behind. So i have my reality and then i respect all the other realities too. If people want to become attached to the mean reality then that is a personal choice i think.
edit on 6-7-2013 by TheomExperience because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Now consider seeing patterns of LIGHT elsewhere... = the realities Instead of observing the living construct and all its matter & the excess movements or interference associated per reality view patterns/dims/brightness = behavior this is all hypothetical

to 1 if there was information being shared by a being that thought it was sharing what it honestly felt is/was truth objective to their subjective understanding 1 guesses then seek the message if doubt within, of what is being shared and then detach belief right there of what they are sharing and acknowledge the message if doubt in that being exist. Is there harm if the message spawns more positive growth preventing some from non positive growth existences. Again no need to even acknowledge that last statement for example its the message 1 feels if transferred the doubt will fall as truth is more evident.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Yes it is what i call an overflowing bucket. There will always be a mean (average) reality to be aware of but for me i have to be able to break away from paradigms as not to get left behind. So i have my reality and then i respect all the other realities too. If people want to become attached to the mean reality then that is a personal choice i think.

IF there is an "average" reality which people get attached to... And average is the middle of the scale...

What is at the other two ends?

Perhaps "heaven and hell"?

In a metaphorical sense of course... Maybe!

edit on 6-7-2013 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Exactly, polarization which can easily lead to group comfort.
But i do not see average as in the middle so much as it the the average of the collective polarization.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

Exactly, polarization which can easily lead to group comfort.
But i do not see average as in the middle so much as it the the average of the collective polarization.

A wise man once said the path is narrow... and few find it...

Yet it still comes down to the individual experience... perhaps even what one is taught... or has learned within their own experience... which also depends on outside "influences" if said person is susceptible to them.

which leads one to wonder... what is at the end of "the path" when there are so many paths to contemplate?

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I really find this from the Kybalion insightful to my personal understanding

THE PRINCIPLE OF POLARITY. - “Everything is Dual; everything has poles; everything has its pair of opposites; like and unlike are the same; opposites are identical in nature, but different in degree; extremes meet; all truths are but half-truths; all paradoxes may be reconciled.”

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Not really from my point of view. Around 7 billions human idols/views of the truth. One reality, one truth that in itself include the views of what is and then we haven't included the animals awareness and maybe the organic life or whatever else exist here.

People think they know the truth but I have never known I have meet a person who really knows the truth. To know the truth is to know All/everything. You can make approximations and create as a good idol/view as possible to represent "what is" to the best of the human minds ability and whatever senses you have,

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleByLittle

Good point about the animals and other organic life forms. They are part of collective reality and i think should be factored in also

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LittleByLittle

Not really from my point of view. Around 7 billions human idols/views of the truth. One reality, one truth that in itself include the views of what is and then we haven't included the animals awareness and maybe the organic life or whatever else exist here.

People think they know the truth but I have never known I have meet a person who really knows the truth. To know the truth is to know All/everything. You can make approximations and create as a good idol/view as possible to represent "what is" to the best of the human minds ability and whatever senses you have,

Perhaps then... This is your opportunity?

What is the Greatest truth... according to you?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:37 AM
link   

reply to post by Akragon

I really find this from the Kybalion insightful to my personal understanding

THE PRINCIPLE OF POLARITY. - “Everything is Dual; everything has poles; everything has its pair of opposites; like and unlike are the same; opposites are identical in nature, but different in degree; extremes meet; all truths are but half-truths; all paradoxes may be reconciled.”

Every 'thing' is dual. Every concept is dual. The non conceptual is not dual.
Prior to word deception there is truth. Silence is golden.
edit on 7-7-2013 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join