It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help : Looking for Free Music Software

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I bought this Casio keyboard for my daughter about a month ago, found it has a USB port so I connected to the comp.

It doesn't come with any software and I have no clue about playing this instrument, but I'm curious and it's saturday.

What free software do you recommend me to download?

Thanks in advance !

Trueman.
edit on 6-7-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 05:09 PM
link   
This is what I was able to dig up through a quick search. Hope it helps.

Casio Instrument Software

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Not sure what you're looking for, something to record with? Most popular free recording software is Audacity.

The USB port is likely there so that you can save your projects onto a flash drive. It may also serve as a direct input into the computer so that you can record without the need for an interface.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

Thanks !

Yeah, I'm not sure what I'm doing, I have zero experience in this.

Just thought what I play on the piano could be shown on the pc. Also thought it could be a tutorial that requires the USB connection.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I have been writing music recording midi and audio for many years. For audio the best free program is audacity mentioned by another user. For Midi recording I recommend Anvil Studio located at anvil studio dot com.
For Notation I use Finale which is pricey but they used to have a free notation program called Finale Notepad
..not sure if they still do. They also have tremendous learning tools for Keyboard etc.
Notation in real time. Play the keyboard and the notes show up on the computer for playback. Also edit the notes if you wish. Don't know if notepad allows you to save, but it is very nice.
Good Luck.
I just realized you may not know the difference between the audio, and midi formats?
Midi is strictly digital computer music. Audio files are like wave files, MP3 files etc.
What you probably need is a Midi Sequencer. Anvil should do that. Audacity will not ..it is strictly audio recording.
Your usb should be plug and play and most likely the drivers will load into Anvil or any free midi recorder.

edit on 6-7-2013 by DavidsHope because: typo

edit on 6-7-2013 by DavidsHope because: additional

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

What model is the keyboard?
If you can use it as a midi controller you can do some fun things

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Trueman

You're probably looking for Fruity Loops then, but you have to pay for that. It's not too expensive but it's not exactly cheap either. If your daughter is serious about music it's a great investment, but if you just want to fool around you should just let her play the keyboard.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
reply to post by Trueman

You're probably looking for Fruity Loops then, but you have to pay for that. It's not too expensive but it's not exactly cheap either. If your daughter is serious about music it's a great investment, but if you just want to fool around you should just let her play the keyboard.

Thats the key. I want to show her the posibilities and check how interested she is, before we go for a more expensive instrument.

edit on 6-7-2013 by Trueman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
reply to post by Trueman

What model is the keyboard?
If you can use it as a midi controller you can do some fun things

It's a LK-165 Casio, not a big deal.

new topics

top topics

join