It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nigeria school massacre: 41 children killed, some burned alive

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
reply to post by johncarter

I guess 41 slaughtered kids must be a yawn for you then. So what make you raise your eyebrow or even rage?
400 kids, 4 000....?

To think that people like you really exist is scary.

How do you think people die from our ordnance? They are blasted by concussion, punctured by shrapnel and burned by the heat of the explosion.

Focusing on one school house is what you are doing. Thats scary. Because your solution is to bomb everyone around there. Hopefully you'll hit someone responsible. But if not who cares about collateral damage in "non combatants"? Whats next, a No fly zone?

See how this incident is painted. In the school house its all about, "The Children".

When we bomb a whole village, its about (ahem) "collateral damage".

Case in point. How did this village die?

personally, i think the US military, unbeknownst to its members, is being used by the obama folks, to carry out the will of wahabbist leaders in saudi. in effect, it's a masquerade where one form of islam is devouring the other form (and killing christians, hindus, pagans, atheists and buddhists along the way as well) using western military might, to do so.

edit on 7-7-2013 by undo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Not really sure why you put more trust in RT than in American media given this:

RT, also known as Russia Today, is an international multilingual Russian-based television network. It is registered as an autonomous non-profit organization[2][3] funded by the federal budget of Russia through the Federal Agency on Press and Mass Communications of the Russian Federation.[4][5]

The creation of Russia Today was a part of a larger effort by the Kremlin intended to improve the image of Russia abroad.[15] RT was conceived by former media minister Mikhail Lesin,[16] and Vladimir Putin’s press spokesperson Aleksei Gromov.[17] At the time of RT’s founding RIA Novosti director Svetlana Mironyuk stated: "Unfortunately, at the level of mass consciousness in the West, Russia is associated with three words: communism, snow and poverty," and added "We would like to present a more complete picture of life in our country."[16]

en.wikipedia.org...(TV_network)

It stops short of being a remake of Pravda Ru...well, maybe in the modern realm of Russia, it is sort of like NPR radio.
There is a reason why publicly funded media is considered less autonomous than privately owned broadcast stations.
Nevertheless, no reason to see this report as more slanted than if it came from CNN.

And for a change it isn't a report intending to vilify gun owners in America.
edit on 7-7-2013 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

'm not ignoring anything. I'm wondering why you are, by creatively pointing to other things which should divert or dilute our outrage about THIS atrocity that THIS thread is about.

Because whenever someone starts crying "Muslim Atrocity" I know what that usually leads too.

"They're killing their people, they're killing their people!" That slippery slope has been used on several occasions to invade and subjugate a number of nations recently? It always begins like this.

Especially when its "The Children". "Defend the Children!" Its a biased media campaign to ramp up a call to invade in order to protect the children. And that makes me nervous.

Of course any comparison I make to other similar recent events is dismissed or off topic?

You wouldn't want to bury the past would you? So we repeat the same mistakes? I mean, I know these are not random occurrences, there is a design behind such anti Islamic rhetoric in the western media in general. Has to do with the ongoing designs of the NWO you think? To conquer the whole world? Africa is up.

I am surprised at you Wrabbit. You are not knowing this? Now, who else has oil and Muslims in their country?

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
A terrible tragedy, this. I feel sorry for the victims and their families...

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
This attack was supposedly carried out by the terrorist group Boko Haram. That is a religious, Islamist terrorist group, seeking to establish sharia law. So religion is certainly relevant to this story. In fact, I am fairly sure their extreme interpretation of Islam is precisely what led them to believe this act is not only acceptable but demanded by god.
edit on 7/7/13 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

back black slaves and sold them around the world on their way back from dropping off white peasants in places they weren't from.

Yes, the first slaves in America were white peasants, usually from Ireland and Britain. Although I'm not quite sure how they went from Ireland to Africa to America...can you just imagine the trip that would have been? Amazing that people survived such an ordeal at all. Apparently they were also dropped off in places like Jamaica for work on the plantations.

www.africaresource.com...

But this event in Nigeria does not involve slaves to my knowledge. I am not sure what the point of it was at all, what the goal was.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

Because whenever someone starts crying "Muslim Atrocity" I know what that usually leads too.

"They're killing their people, they're killing their people!" That slippery slope has been used on several occasions to invade and subjugate a number of nations recently? It always begins like this.

Sometimes a hill is just a hill too and slippery slopes aren't beneath every one of them. I don't think we need fear going to war in Nigeria any time soon. They have 1/3rd the population we do (HUGE nation for people) and an approach to fighting/limits that would make a seasoned CIA interrogator puke in a bucket for the rest of the day. I'm very sure we aren't slipping down that slope into that quagmire.

Especially when its "The Children". "Defend the Children!" Its a biased media campaign to ramp up a call to invade in order to protect the children. And that makes me nervous.

Often times, that's fair enough too. I do recall the "Babies in the incubators, thrown into the hospital corridors to die" story that ran several places to justify the final move into Kuwait and Southern Iraq the first time. It turned out to be total B.S. and no evidence of any such thing was found ...but it sounded good at the time I guess.; Overkill, since people supported it anyway.

In this case though? No comparison. This isn't rumor or defector report from an area the media can't get to. This really happened and the number of dead kids does make it a kid story, regardless. Remember, one wacko shooting FAR less than this in Connecticut made world news for days, if not weeks. Should 41 being burned alive in Nigeria be of less value for news coverage and consideration? (To look at this another way)

Of course any comparison I make to other similar recent events is dismissed or off topic?

It wouldn't be so far off-top if your example for comparison had even happened on the same Continent of the world.

(Same nation is better....but I'd settle for the same Continent for now)

You wouldn't want to bury the past would you? So we repeat the same mistakes? I mean, I know these are not random occurrences, there is a design behind such anti Islamic rhetoric in the western media in general.

You're sounding a bit extreme about this and I'm not entirely kidding. Are you okay? I mean you're old enough to have been through the Somalia campaign if not the Ethiopia one before it. This is nothing near the fervor of those and given how badly Ethiopia in the 80's and Somalia in the 90's turned out? It'll take much MORE, not less to actually get outside intervention into a nation the size and with the potential ferocity of Nigeria.

The media just saw a particularly nasty tragedy to report, even by modern standards and it's been a VERY slow few days for news cycle.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by intrptr

this is the problem: even the obama decisions appear to be driven by extremist islam out of saudi and to their benefit, installing the mb everywhere or even more radical versions.. think of how diabolical that is: they use our military in the usa, to blow up fellow muslims of a different sect, all while pretending to blow up extremists and all while pretending to do so as a "christian nation under a christian president". then install a version of islam that is beholden only to saudi arabia. then when people complain about extremist islam crimes, point out the crimes of the usa against the muslims. it's like---holy toledo, diabolical.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThirdEyeofHorus

Not really sure why you put more trust in RT than in American media given this:

RT, also known as Russia Today, is an international multilingual Russian-based television network. It is registered as an autonomous non-profit organization[2][3] funded by the federal budget of Russia through the Federal Agency on Press and Mass Communications of the Russian Federation.[4][5]

The creation of Russia Today was a part of a larger effort by the Kremlin intended to improve the image of Russia abroad.[15] RT was conceived by former media minister Mikhail Lesin,[16] and Vladimir Putin’s press spokesperson Aleksei Gromov.[17] At the time of RT’s founding RIA Novosti director Svetlana Mironyuk stated: "Unfortunately, at the level of mass consciousness in the West, Russia is associated with three words: communism, snow and poverty," and added "We would like to present a more complete picture of life in our country."[16]

en.wikipedia.org...(TV_network)

It stops short of being a remake of Pravda Ru...well, maybe in the modern realm of Russia, it is sort of like NPR radio.
There is a reason why publicly funded media is considered less autonomous than privately owned broadcast stations.
Nevertheless, no reason to see this report as more slanted than if it came from CNN.

And for a change it isn't a report intending to vilify gun owners in America.

Buddy the russkies are not our enemy. Our own mental President, the congress of corrupt hellwhores and the senate of prostitutes is. That together with the NSA, Rockefeller foundation, the TPTB´s favourite think tanks, The Heritage Foundation and Rand corporation with a cherry on the top, named Goldman Sachs. Oh lets not forget the sunday club CFR where they all meet and laugh at us sheeple.

You go thunk on that before you try to scare us with that ol russkie damn commie, red soviets trying to defile our pure american hearts LOL Wake up..this is 2013 not 1963
edit on 7-7-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   

When will people realize this is all politics, it has nothing to do with religion.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:48 PM
link   
okay who told george lucas in advance what was going to happen or is the guy like using a time machine or something (watch this till the end of the video. that last bit sinches the entire op)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:56 PM
link   

You go thunk on that before you try to scare us with that ol russkie damn commie, red soviets trying to defile our pure american hearts LOL Wake up..this is 2013 not 1963

Your reply wasn't to me directly but I have to interject my thoughts quickly on this. The Russians are absolutely *NOT* our friends. They never have been. They were outright 'warheads aimed at each other' enemies up to about 1990/1991. Then became, at best, friendly rivals and I'd say we can only see it that way because we were on the winning side of the Cold War and never let them forget it. I've got a feeling 'friendly rivals' may not be as generous as they'd put it for the same period.

Now, you may have a real good point about the past being in the past and for many around the world? It most certainly is. It deserves to stay in the past too. Really has too..... However, that becomes very very complicated when the Head of State for the Russian Federation spent his entire early life in and doing extremely well working for one of the largest and most aggressive security services in history. That service, for his years in it, was almost entirely directed against the United States as an enemy. Nothing friendly about it.

Putin ended up his career with the KGB as #2 to a major part of the command for the KGB in East Berlin, G.D.R., right before the GDR ceased to exist. Of all the places to BE in the end of the cold war, that was likely among the 'warmest' and had always been among the ugliest for direct and near constant low level confrontation between the major powers.

Some on our side may well be beyond the past ....Russia is led and defined by a man who, himself, IS defined by that past. I'll feel better when it's not a former KGB field officer running their nation.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

So religion is certainly relevant to this story.

How can murdering murderers even remotely be considered "religious'"? ( I would use the word spiritual instead)
edit on 7-7-2013 by intrptr because: correction

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Should 41 being burned alive in Nigeria be of less value for news coverage and consideration? (To look at this another way)

Not at all Wrabbit. Of course its an atrocity. My complaint is the labeling "Islamist Atrocity". Thats all.

That is a form of religious persecution, by the way. Violates the first amendment, I think. So does any reference to Anti US sentiment. What some call Anti US I call free speech. Thats very "US".

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:14 PM
link   

I choose to watch RT before those slimy overpaid actors on FOX and MSNBC because I find the content of RT reminding me of how CNN used to be in the 90s before Ted Turner went completely mental.

I like RT, correlating their news with European news channels I find them sufficiently honest with a minimal deviation from the news content by the other news channels.

I know about mr Putins background Rabbit, but oonce again...this is 2013 not 1963 or even worse 1983-88 when the commie cold war reached its peak.

Now where were we..oh yeah.. 41 kids slaughtered in horrible ways and we are discussing the pros and cons of the right news channel...Man give me a break...the sociopath meter needle just went off the scale.

HOLY # I JUST DISCOVERED I GOT 666 FLAGS!!! Flag me someone for gods sake Or I ll become the beast!!!

edit on 7-7-2013 by johncarter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr

I guess 41 slaughtered kids must be a yawn for you then. So what make you raise your eyebrow or even rage?
400 kids, 4 000....?

To think that people like you really exist is scary.

How do you think people die from our ordnance? They are blasted by concussion, punctured by shrapnel and burned by the heat of the explosion.

Focusing on one school house is what you are doing. Thats scary. Because your solution is to bomb everyone around there. Hopefully you'll hit someone responsible. But if not who cares about collateral damage in "non combatants"? Whats next, a No fly zone?

See how this incident is painted. In the school house its all about, "The Children".

When we bomb a whole village, its about (ahem) "collateral damage".

Case in point. How did this village die?

You guys don't make a fuss about that because it was a "military target".

edit on 7-7-2013 by intrptr because: spelling

Sensible people who are not indoctrinated into blind support of one belief system or other can see that deliberate murder of innocents is always morally wrong.

2 wrongs do not make a right.

A counter productive drone assassination campaign killing innocents (if knowingly) is as wrong as the murder of children to frighten Christians out of Nigeria.

I'm an Atheist, i'll put my cards on the table.

I will defend religious peoples freedom to hold such beliefs as long as they don't impose them on others. I expect them to defend my freedom to hold my point of view and i will defend thiers.

If we cannot move beyond a competition of atrocity than we are doomed as a species. I tend to think that hidden within the cultural fog that clouds the point thats one of the points that most of histories visionaries have tried to make.

Think what we could accomplish if the Muslims, Christians and others could produce a common declaration of principles. A new common testament that dumps the cultural pollution that came with the original texts. If there was a god and he spoke through prophets he was using the tools at hand. Burdened as they were with their cultural prejudice.

In every other human endeavour except religion we can come together to agree standards to allow us to interact. Those standards evolve over time by common agreement. If we could not then the modern world could not exist

Forgive the frustrated rantings of an engineer. But on all the real fundamentals there is common ground. We kill each other over the cultural pollution in the margins.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by undo
reply to post by intrptr

this is the problem: even the obama decisions appear to be driven by extremist islam out of saudi and to their benefit, installing the mb everywhere or even more radical versions.. think of how diabolical that is: they use our military in the usa, to blow up fellow muslims of a different sect, all while pretending to blow up extremists and all while pretending to do so as a "christian nation under a christian president". then install a version of islam that is beholden only to saudi arabia. then when people complain about extremist islam crimes, point out the crimes of the usa against the muslims. it's like---holy toledo, diabolical.

Those prone to violence are easy to manipulate, The lack of general foresight and common sense is staggering in certain parts of the World. Namely, those with supreme leaders and mafia style controllers (i.e. princes, royal families, gangs) presiding over natural resources. Don't get me wrong - America has its share of deficiencies, but the people of this Country have fought enough battles to know right from wrong. Now would be a good time to project our knowledge to the rest of the World minus politicians and oligarchs.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

Think what we could accomplish if the Muslims, Christians and others could produce a common declaration of principles. A new common testament that dumps the cultural pollution that came with the original texts. If there was a god and he spoke through prophets he was using the tools at hand. Burdened as they were with their cultural prejudice.

that, i do believe, is not a good idea. this is what china did to its christian citizens. it's like asking scientists to only have access to a highly edited copy of darwin's "the descent of man" or a highly edited copy of the egyptian "book of the dead" etc etc

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   

You're sounding a bit extreme about this and I'm not entirely kidding. Are you okay? I mean you're old enough to have been through the Somalia campaign if not the Ethiopia one before it.

I'm fine Wrabbit. Thanks for asking.

Actually I became aware during the Vietnam war. Nightly dinner time news broadcasts on TV carried the same flavor. The Evil Communist invaders murdering the women and children. How we had to "intervene" (invade) to save the women and children. To defend Americas "vital interests", 10,000 miles away.

In fact we were the invaders, we killed the women and children. The song remains the same. It hasn't changed one bit.

Whether it be a thread about the Evil North Koreans, The Evil Muslims or Chinese or whatever, when I see this I will always try to point it out as much as I can. I know I'm not that good at it. Makes it harder for me.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jeramie

Something like the Tutsis and Hutus? And they were both Christian tribes...so who knew...People who hate religion will blame religion, people who hate white people will make it about some awful thing white people did, people who hate Christians will always turn it into something against Christians, and people who hate any other group will turn it into something. Atheists nearly always turn it into a hate Christians fest.
I have been reading the book 2012 They Fired the First Shot, which has the apparations of Medugorje as a basis, and the book really explains that this type of thing is just hate manifested through whatever and against whomever and that the media can be complicit.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join