It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What If All Electricity On Earth Stopped Working For 2 Minutes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
What if all electricity on Earth stopped working for 2 minutes (e.g. some sort of unknown suspension of the laws of physics relating to electricity for 2 minutes, which only occurs every few millions of years, hence why we have no record of it).

What would the death toll be? How much damage do you think would be caused?

P.S.

Our bodies are unaffected. Think of it as a kind of "Revolution" mixed with "Flashforward", however, with the suspension of electricity being only for 2 minutes rather than for 15 years as in "Revolution" and no accompanying visions as in "Flashforward".

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
prob like a full percent of the population....alot would be terminally ill anyway. life support and such.

planes all fall out of the sky. In some cased causing more damage on the ground.

ALOT of car wrecks...mainly from power steering and cooler brakes.

devastating really!

I've thought about a Karrington effect alot. How long would it take the powers that be to get us all up and running again after a solar event that killed every battery and electronic device on the planet? Then ended.

How long would it take for the gov. to restore power to the country, or even the world? For the US we could prob at least get the lights turned on for everyone in 6 months to a year. .

edit on 6-7-2013 by artemisminion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
There would be a crazy amount of threads on ats in 3 minutes I know that much.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
For 2 minutes the government wouldn't be able to spy on us.

Quick! Do as much evil stuff as you can while it lasts!!

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Honestly, to me, Nothing. I'd likely be outside on a bike enjoying myself.

Coming from someone who goes camping a lot without the assistance of electricity, I don't think it would be an issue.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:38 AM
link   
I would be halfway down my road with all my "bug out" gear. Then I would be pist when everything started working again.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Well, I'd guess a few bomb squad techs would get blown to pieces ... A few blood curdling screams would come from Operating rooms in the midst of Sexual Reassignment Surgery or Vasectomies.

2 minutes ought to give the big jets the ride of their lives and a fighting chance to re-fire the engines before becoming lawn darts somewhere, I'd think. Hmm... It'd be the longest 2 minutes of life on the International Space Station and high rise Elevators alike..and for much the same reasons, I'd imagine. lol...

Come to think of it, a Submarine at sea wouldn't be a happy place to lose not only lights but propulsion and ballast control with no notice. 2 minutes is a long way down for that situation. Hmm.... Lots of little crisis, all over the world.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by VoidFire

Coming from someone who goes camping a lot without the assistance of electricity, I don't think it would be an issue.

Chris, is that you?

Oo

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlastedCaddy
I would be halfway down my road with all my "bug out" gear. Then I would be pist when everything started working again.

Would serve you right for jumping the gun and taking off without accessing the situation better. How would you know in 2 minutes that it wasn't just your street that was out..lol

Hope nobody goes down to their shelter and locks the door behind them to seal themselves off from the world during that disaster and spend 50 years down there like that movie with Brandon Frasier......

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by VoidFire

Chris, is that you?

Oo

No, it's someone else... lol

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:27 PM
link   
One thing's for sure, TPTB would find a way to make it profitable.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

A suspension of all physical law pertaining to electricity would see far more than networking failiure. For a start the human body WOULD shut down if all its bioelectriclal signaling capability immediately ceased. Heartbeats would cease and the same moment as brain function, instructions from the brain would not reach the organs and nerves in the body, which would end every life on earth. Human, animal, even some plants.

To say our bodies would be unaffected by a suspension of those laws is utter twaddle.

All the other effects after that would be terrible, but no one would give a damn. Im talking about nuclear reactors failing with predictable results, the breakdown of the electrical interactions in the atmosphere, which would have unpreditcable results, among other terrible things.
edit on 7-7-2013 by TrueBrit because: detail addition.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:19 AM
link   
reply to post by HomoSapiensSapiens

Power keeps going out where I live. Usually we just gather 'round, play cards, eat bread, enjoy the candlelight. No big deal. Most people are not battery-powered, they just carry on.

posted on Aug, 23 2013 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwood

Originally posted by BlastedCaddy

Would serve you right for jumping the gun and taking off without accessing the situation better. How would you know in 2 minutes that it wasn't just your street that was out..lol

Hope nobody goes down to their shelter and locks the door behind them to seal themselves off from the world during that disaster and spend 50 years down there like that movie with Brandon Frasier......

Well... one could reasonably assume that if all electricity stopped working there would be planes falling out of the sky, cars crashing. Transformers would blow up (the ones attached to the telephone poles) They are electrical based things, are they not? So, in times of such an event one needs to make a quick decisions. Hence why I would be upset after the 2 min mark. The planes will still stay falling though. So make sure your looking up...
edit on 23-8-2013 by BlastedCaddy because: JA!

new topics

top topics

join