It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earth Creation Timeline

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
I know there has been countless threads on this topic and even more debates outside of ATS but I wanted to bring up a perspective I don't think often is brought up. I'm not taking sides on this because I wasn't there to document the time line of the Earths creation and I don't know. I want to bring this up for discussion to see what others think.

The perspective I was to bring awareness to is the possibility that time isn't always linear. Especially for a God that is all powerful and could control time then obviously it could be a possibility. If time hasn't always been linear than there is a more real possibility that the Earth could have been created in X amount of time. X could be seconds or a few thousand years as it would not matter if time wasn't linear. If time can be changed, then there is the possibility that the science timeline of the Earth's creation maybe wrong just as much as the Religious timelines. I also know that not all religions believe that the is is only 6,000 years old either but there are quite a few who do believe that.

Again I'm not saying this is fact, just wanted to provoke an open minded objective discussion.
edit on 6-7-2013 by Ralphy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

There is no God involved in the creation of the earth ... because "religion" has been disproven. Religion is wrong, there is very little more to say about it ...

The Universe, originally just plasma ... created gravity holes from collisions, that grew into large balls of plasma. Some larger, others smaller. The largest grew into suns, and then into supernovas and with them ... matter ... matter collected around plasma balls, and the smaller ones, this matter collected around the plasma ball. Forming an isolation, known as a crust ... timeline, is the age of the universe, and the timeline since crust actually collected, is the earths oldest age.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by bjarneorn
reply to post by Ralphy

There is no God involved in the creation of the earth ... because "religion" has been disproven. Religion is wrong, there is very little more to say about it ...

The Universe, originally just plasma ... created gravity holes from collisions, that grew into large balls of plasma. Some larger, others smaller. The largest grew into suns, and then into supernovas and with them ... matter ... matter collected around plasma balls, and the smaller ones, this matter collected around the plasma ball. Forming an isolation, known as a crust ... timeline, is the age of the universe, and the timeline since crust actually collected, is the earths oldest age.

How and where did the plasma come. Why did it collect and not disperse
edit on 6-7-2013 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

The perspective I was to bring awareness to is the possibility that time isn't always linear. Especially for a God that is all powerful and could control time then obviously it could be a possibility.

This is true. The one thing I argue about is that the creation timeline was allegorical, not literal. Ofcourse, how all came into being is not something I care about, it's not a requirement for me to live. All I know is it happened, and I am here and I have a way out of sin, forgiveness for my wrong doings. How the world was created and in what timeline isn't going to keep me awake at nights. I can accept things as they are.

Baruch haba

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

How many hours did God have in a single day?

In The Beginning, he probably wasn't too concerned with keeping track of it.

He probably didn't invent time until the 7th day, which is the reason that he decided to take a break and get some rest. Immediately after inventing time, he realized that "Wow! I've been at this for a long time now. I think this would probably be a good time for me to take a lil break."

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Ralphy

Not trying to be rude...love your scientific take.

But honestly whats more likely. that everything we have discovered (leading to all our cool gagets) is wrong.

Or that you want the bible to be word for word the truth, so you trying to shove a square peg in a round hole.

I won't get into the validity of christianity because anyone who has ever looked into history at all knows that the word for word validity of the bible isn't even on the table, but i will say this.

even amongst the smartest people to ever walk the plane,. The second they decided god did it. They never made one more discovery in there field. As soon as they got too something really hard to figure out, and decided. " this must be where intellegent design comes in." THat was the last advance they ever made.

The truth is out there... don't stop looking

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:12 AM
link   

reply to post by Ralphy

How on earth did you draw the conclusion that religion has been dis-proven? Moreover how do you know the universe was created in the fashion which you explained?

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   
In my little world, everything was created when I was born. The past is history and history is education. This knowledge of the past has been created and taught as reality but in essence it may not be real, just a fabrication of the intent of the ones writing it. I only believe half of what I read, trying to find what is real and what is conditioning. I believe three quarters of what I see personally, until I evaluate it,and less than half of what I see in pictures. What a picture portrays is what the creator of the picture wants us to see, not the true picture of all that is going on.

I understand that this reality has been going on longer for others, but mine started when I was born.

When the earth was created is actually of little interest to me. I would rather spend my life learning about what exists right now and how mankind's wasteful and greedyactions can disrupt the ease of living that for our offspring. To do this I have to study history, the past predicts the future. The problem is that history usually records what people can brag about as great, not the mistakes that were constantly made.
edit on 6-7-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:03 AM
link   
The earth coalesced from debris left over after our sun formed...as did all the rest of our planets.

Gravity and electrostatic charges pulled the the pieces together and formed our planets and
moons over a long period of time. The notion that a God would create a universe, replete with
billion of galaxies and stars and solar systems using this method, and then suddenly ^poof^ our
planet into existence is ridiculous to me.

Science believes the Earth has been around for about 5 billion years. If that were one day
for God, then humans have only been around for the last couple of seconds of that day

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The Earth was formed from star dust just like everything else. lol

Its all a system within a system.

How many years (time) it has been alive and well is in my opinion irrelevant. Not knocking the thoughts in the op at all so please do not take offence.

Timing of the Earth is not relative, although time itself is. It teaches us a little something- something when we look back in time and allows for mistakes to be corrected when looking forward in time. It's a tool that can be used for benefit and one that can be a horrific tool. Yin/Yang comes to mind.

Population of an aware species and the errors made looking back is helpful for a species however with that said I do believe there is an existence where time is not a perception at all. What would that be like I wonder?

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 02:17 PM
link   

reply to post by Ralphy

In defence of no particular faith, Can you explain to me how the conscious observation of matter affects the quantum state or said matter, how the uncertain position of matter and sub atomic states that are at any and all possible variable become locked into a specific structure of reality when observed by a conscious observer, how the observation of light changes it's state from multi reality waveform to single reality particulate and why you and those like yourself place absolute faith in the doctrinal structure of science and its priestly cast of scientists, I don't mean to pull you down here but the closed mind is a dead end and the open one can find many more possible solutions.

There may be a god and there may not, it is a matter of belief just like your own in your own chosen religion.
Nearly every theory including that of Evolution have had to be revised over time, if not in there main argument certainly in the small nicety's there of, in evolution for instance the theory of smooth adaptation over time had to be replaced with the theory of mutation and adaptation. So an animal just did not grow a larger beak to reach the honey it exploited both adaptation and random successful mutation, now this does not disprove the presence of conscious influence as what I said earlier should postulate the possibility for you to consider.

Maybe the universe itself is conscious or there is a great consciousness field or a real God, and How long is a day to a god.

Sorry but committed atheists are just as much religious extremists as members of any faith and I personally have more respect for Agnostics as they at least admit that they do not know and do not claim that they know.

So you know about dark energy eh?, well it may not exist and I will give you a hypothetical scenario that may or may not be right,.

Now you have a big, big star going to collapse into a black hole under it's own gravity but wait a moment since it is the presence of all that matter that makes it so gravity rich what happens at the very centre which has no matter but is surrounded by it, well we can envisage a point so miniscule that is at zero gravity but under immense pressure.

Now as the star collapses into a black hole it forms a point called an event horizon but all the gravity still reached past that point into space even though it is effectively a terminator boundary denoting were space ends, now at the small point inside the star we can envisage a similar but internal event horizon forming and all the gravity of a new black hole pulling a tiny point of space outward and inverting it so pulling energy, time, and space into the bubble (BIG BANG) now even after it is formed the new universe or more accurately time space continuum is subjected to the surrounding event horizon and the gravity of a surrounding black hole that is pulling every thing outward so it accelerates over time and since the black hole was spinning during the universe formation it was asymmetrically formed with matter and energy displaced in that way, in other words the big bang was not a symmetrical formation.

Time within the new continuum is fresh so flows much faster relative to the external continuum and as the universe ages we may perceive that relative to the observer time would remain constant inside that continuum but from an external observation it would actually slow down over the course of the continuum's expansion and eventual destruction upon reaching the point of spaghetification at the event horizon surrounding it, under quantum evaporation (As it has been called were a black hole dissipates over time according to current theory) the surrounding black hole will get smaller and the internal void will also shrink so the expanding continuum may be shorter lived than you might think as the event horizon will shrink toward it.

So once again we are brought back to the question, "How long is a day to a god".

This does not disprove the presence of a god it just makes you realise how really insignificantly small you really are.

Science does not contradict the god theory or disprove it, it merely currently disagrees with elements of there creation story of all faiths except itself.

Now I thought about this while I was on the loo and Archimedes once said Eureka while having a bath, given the effect of mind on quantum states maybe god is dreaming us or he's having a shower or something but hey I don't see any reason why there can not be a god do you really.

The more complicated the universe the more board he may have been or we may be some alien multi dimensional kid's school experiment sitting on a desk somewhere (sorry I read too many issues of 2000ad as a kid).
edit on 6-7-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 02:58 PM
link   

God that is all powerful
reply to post by Ralphy

As long as you want to believe in a magic god then all things are possible. An all-knowing, all-powerful god created everything in an instant. He set dinosaur bones to make it look like the planet is older than 6000 years. He made man similar to apes and monkeys to confuse us. He created satan to scare us. He loves us, but has the right to kill us at any time. He can miraculously heal one sick person and let millions of others suffer a lifetime of excruciating pain. He gets all the credit for the good stuff, but is completely innocent of all the bad stuff.

He can watch all 7 billion of us, individually, every second of our lives. He even watches us when we're peeing, pooping, and picking our nose. He can hear what we're thinking and he knows what's in our hearts. He can condemn you to hell for stealing a piece of bubble gum, while a repentant ax-murdering pedophile goes straight to heaven.

Yes, with a mystical magical being all things are possible.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

How and where did the plasma come. Why did it collect and not disperse
edit on 6-7-2013 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

Great question! Answer: Not from a god.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I can not help buy note what you use as your signature, were in the history of the human race has any culture or civilisation ever existed without a religion, were there is an alter there you find a culture and from culture civilisations (good and bad) arise, would you really rather be an uneducated tree dwelling primate.

In my experience most atheists are emotionally damaged individual's whom can not rationalise why they or there loved ones had to suffer and blame the god who never answered there prayers, well get over it as we all have suffered and most religious people have had a falling out on there end with there belief system.

It is not about being convinced blindly to see something as real it is about being comfortable in yourself with the existence you find yourself in and that is the hard part if you are an honest hard working person but then atheist are often of the opinion dog eat dog so I would never trust one as they can not be trusted unless it is in there own interest. A religious person has there ethical belief and laws to contend with so it is like having a supervisor they are being watched by and it helps to build social cohesion and social structure which the current trend toward multi culture and atheist belief's is wrecking with the inevitable outcome that society as WE KNOW it is doomed to fall apart and must change and adapt to survive or one of these principle beliefs must become dominant to restore social progression and stability (and that will not be atheism for the above reasons)..

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

In my experience most atheists are emotionally damaged individual's whom can not rationalise why they or there loved ones had to suffer...

well get over it as we all have suffered

You have no idea what you just wrote, do you? If there is a god, you suffer. If there is no god, you suffer. Do you get it?

As for being emotionally damaged, what do drug addicts need? Drugs, right? What do atheists need for being atheists - nothing. Get ready for this; what do weak-minded, lost and frightened people need as a crutch? You can answer that one.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:02 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

I am quite certain of what I wrote but stand by my assertion, and as for suffering well let me tell you I know a thing or two and not knowing what you have been through can not pass any opinion on yourself but atheism will indeed lead to an empty future, do you really want to be run by a machine intelligence as that would be the eventual outcome if altruistic atheists became common but as you know most atheists are more for themselves than there fellow man.

No religion is perfect and the Atheist one is not exception so give me Agnosticism any day over atheism.
I live in England and in today's Sunday Express newspaper there was a story about the Liverpool Care Pathway, this is a end of life treatment were patients are denied food for a week then on the second week they receive no food or water and are given sedative's to EASE there dying as we live now in an atheist influenced society that regards the old as excess baggage, My own mother whom was undergoing chemo therapy and radio therapy on the Mersey ward of Clatterbridge hospital in the north west of England was given no food on her second week of the first course of chemo therapy and the nurses were trying to persuade her to stay in, an Asian doctor of large build that was nothing to do with her cancer treatment then came and told her they were going to keep her in, she rang us and when they realised she was not alone in this world they backed off, now it transpires that the government was paying £4000 pound for every patient the hospital's bumped off in this way.

The Express using freedom of information gathered enough data to prove that at least 6500 patients a year were being put on the pathway that would otherwise still be alive, there is no police investigation and no medical tribunal on the coroners responsible for not detecting this act of mass and systematic murder in the UK but the paper and a member of the NHS admitted that this was just the tip of the ice berg and the real figure is most probably far higher.

Go stuff you atheism pal as if my mother had died at there hand's like that I would be in prison for what I would have done to that doctor and the nurse responsible.

It is exactly the immoral attitude that oh we are just animals that has bred a society like this and I for one do not want to be a part of it but would rather be stuck with a hundred million muslim extremists than that as at least they believe in something even if it is not what I do.
edit on 7-7-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Liverpool Care Pathway, this is a end of life treatment were patients are denied food for a week then on the second week they receive no food or water and are given sedative's to EASE

This is terrible! My brother had cancer, but he was also starved to death in a U.S. veteran's hospital. I cannot respond to your claims until we are shown that all of those involved are atheists. I tried to find your State Health Secretary's religion. It's not even listed on Jeremy Hunt's own webpage.

This starving of people is wrong on so many levels. I am atheist and here I am telling you that this practice serves no purpose. It doesn't decrease the population and only fills the hospitals when these people could be sent home with pain medication to die in their own beds. That's what I'd want.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by jiggerj

Sorry if I came across a bit, but you know how I feel and I see that now, thankfully I still have my mother, she just turned 80 and this all happened about while she was 79 so not long ago at all, Maybe I am wrong to single out a single factor as the real reason is greed trying to veil itself as compassion, my mother is fully in charge of her faculties but has as a result only had one course of treatment and refused to continue it after what she suffered so I do not know how long I will have her but one of the nurse's told her that they could not find the tumour that she had been sent in to have treated so was it a ruse, David Cameron recently called the elderly a drain on the nations finances, he has cut tax for the wealthiest and reduced help for the poorest while his allies in the media are constantly telling story's about how certain individuals are ripping the benefits system off, I work but still can not believe the lies we are being force fed over here.
They want the old away and the young to work for nothing, the likes of Cameron and that flaming idiot Osborne are a disgrace to our country as I am afraid Blair was before them.
Sorry to get into politics here but it is just that when things like this happen to innocent people who do we blame if not those in charge.
Osborne and Cameron like most UK politicians only show there faces in a church to boost there ratings and to maintain traditional ties within the political hierarchy.
I do not think any politician in the current house of commons in any position of authority has any faith other than there own wallet.
edit on 7-7-2013 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Sorry if I came across a bit, but you know how I feel and I see that now,

I understand completely.

What I don't understand is the idea of anyone being a drain on a nation's economy? I have it in my head that money goes out from the government (let's get ridiculous and say that the money is for women to get their hair done). Every cent of this money is returned to the government via taxes. So, I don't get it? The money goes to the hair dresser, and some of it is paid back to the government in income taxes. The hairdresser spends the rest of the money on food, rent, entertainment... From person to person and hand to hand, ALL of that money is taxed right back into the government's hands. I dunno.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join