It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If The Government Admitted Aliens Existed Would That Change The Government?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I was just wondering about a scenario where the government admitted aliens existed and the truth came out that they've been dealing with them for years. Could our leaders suddenly say that the Aliens would prefer certain established politicians be allowed to remain in charge so that we have a stable relationship with them? Would that basically be the end of the democratic process as we've known it( or used to know it before institutionalized voter fraud became rampant with electronic ballot recounting and rigged elections). Could the President simply say he was going to remain in power because the aliens wanted him to and would we allow that to happen?
Anybody with a brain would be instantly suspicious of that and hopefully we'd never allow that to happen.
That's assuming the aliens didn't attack and dominate us immediately, perhaps they'd have a later timetable or would prefer to have us willingly accommodate them..
What about granting aliens voting rights? But getting back to alien disclosure, if the government admitted lying for years " for our own good", wouldn't that still be a form of treason?

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Dutchowl

Could the President simply say he was going to remain in power because the aliens wanted him to and would we allow that to happen?
Anybody with a brain would be instantly suspicious of that and hopefully we'd never allow that to happen.

I think you just answered your own question , even if it were true we'd still get people claiming False Flag .

That's assuming the aliens didn't attack and dominate us immediately

Then we wouldn't have to worry because we'd be dead ...or dinner

What about granting aliens voting rights?

Why would they wan't to vote , most of us don't .

if the government admitted lying for years " for our own good", wouldn't that still be a form of treason?

If it was for our own good then no , who's to say it wasn't especially if they attack or try to take over .

edit on 6-7-2013 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   
I think if the government was to admit to knowing about Aliens for a long duration of time there would be complete chaos. People would be accusing the government of hiding every and anything from them from that point on - and therefore, what would be the point of having a government.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   
You mean if the government admitted THEY exist in space? It's not aliens, it's sick greedy people.
edit on 6-7-2013 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infest
I think if the government was to admit to knowing about Aliens for a long duration of time there would be complete chaos. People would be accusing the government of hiding every and anything from them from that point on - and therefore, what would be the point of having a government.

I thought that people were ALREADY accusing governments of hiding every and anything from them?

But i know what you mean

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Infest

That happens now. ?

But I think of it differently. Any alien species that tells us that they need people in our government in order to have relations with us, are just not that much of a worry. No more than some random island suddenly saying "We come in peace." as they get off their dinghy and produce a pine apple as a peace offering.

It'd be "Uhh ok, you're nice. Get in line."

I much prefer the "We're here and there's not really a lot you are going to do about it. We're not too bad, have you seen our new planet?"

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   

no unless they then got us off fossil fuels and began a program designed to improve living standards all around the world. if they simply told us aliens were real and kept our technological level at the status quo we would have to overthrow them in order to live a sustainable existence. because the way we live now is not sustainable. give everybody a ufo and a smart device that allows you to travel anywhere within the solar system in the blink of an eye. Hungry? fly to Maui and pick a few mangoes on the way to Switzerland to go snowboarding with zero impact on the environment. Then I would respect and support my leaders, until then I will remain suspicious.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

I am coming from someone who has never seen an alien, so I can't from a firsthand perspective actually say that they exist. That being said, I have never seen the perimids of Egypt either, but I have heard enough people say that they exist to believe it is true.

Furthermore, recent polls have been taken that indicate that more and more people believe in the existence of aliens. Science is showing a more real scenario that Goldilocks planets do exist, and that we are not alone. It would be quite arrogant for Earthlings to believe themselves to be at the top of this intelligence chain.

Ok, now putting all of this out there, I think that if government is hiding ET's existence, that it be more intelligent for them to come out in front of this thing. because then they would be at a position where they would in a position of control and spin it: saying that they kept all this from us to "protect us"

Anyway, with more people actually thinking this existence now to be true, they could find themselves at a tipping point, where more people think that they are the lunatics (untrustworthy) instead of the other way around. In fact, I think this may be some of what is driving all of the disclosure (with a small d instead of a capital d) at the moment, in the world. Of course( it is still at a small level) because you will still have some that will try to guard this secret, for purposes of intellect and greed.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Yes. It would lead to upheaval in the political system.

If Aliens appear the government cant admit to prior knowledge, even if it has any. A lie that big must be maintained regardless of cost as the populace would not forget or forgive those who perpetrated it.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:24 AM
link   

First of all, you are not thinking nearly clearly enough and widely enough about this issue. I understand why, but it needs to be examined.

You are a citizen of the USA I am assuming. The reason I assume that, is because your FIRST thought is about the US political fallout of such a revalation, but actually it would be a GLOBAL issue, affecting every system reliant on elected governance, all over the world.

What happens with one President, no matter which nation they are from, is not nearly as important as the destabilising effect on all the governments on the planet, at the same time, by the same revalation. Never once, in the history of mankind, has the entire globe been hit with a revalation which could be so potentially damaging, in so many places at one time. You see, it is impossible that only ONE nations government and/or intelligence services would know something like this was happening. Therefore, it would mean that every leader, every party, every minister in the know was lying to his or her people about it. It would mean that for as long as every nations government knew about these things, the government itself, not just any one member of any one parliament or administration, had been lying institutionally for decades, to the entire world.

Think globally, and then you will have some idea of the true rammifications.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:32 AM
link   
most likely they would be our new leaders... if they hadn't been our leaders the whole of human history ( assuming they'd been here that long).

I'm with hawkings on this one. more likely then not we will chose to worship them and /or they will enslave or eradicate us.

Oh and to your original point. Haven't governments done that before? like us voting bush in again because we were still at war. kinda the opposite, but still the same. We often vote people in on there foreign policy

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by artemisminion
I'm with hawkings on this one. more likely then not we will chose to worship them and /or they will enslave or eradicate us.

>hawkings

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Absolutely it would change governance on this planet! Absolutely!

We, as a people, would have so many questions for them.
1. How are you getting here? We want your tech because we are sick of killing for fossil fuels.
2. Was there a language barrier on your home planet? If so, how did you guys get past it without killing each other off first?
3. What does your economic system look like? Do you even use money?
4. How long do you people live? We are sick of seeing our loved ones die of cancer.

The answer to those four questions alone would fundamentally change life as we know it on this planet.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   

To 1 many already know and have been conditioned from movies / cartoons adults children and other art showing good or bad behaving ET to the human culture. And at the same time yes perhaps many would be upset with the govs. for hiding them for what ever agenda but like a child finding out about Santa some of the species will experience madness as they process the truth and then WAKE up to REALITY.

Religions of EA*RTH yes... To 1 it can go multiple ways in favor or against the religious structures. Depending on how well the TRUTH is shared. The truth about religions and about the data they carry where it came from and how long did they know? For a LUCIFER scope doesn't get built w/o cosmic interest... BY A GOD teaching CHURCH And so :

Lucifer Instrument Helps Astronomers See Through Darkness to Most Distant Observable Objects

www.popsci.com...

And so the NAME
just saying this is what 1 means. If they the religious leaders of the leading faiths

knowing how many in the population associated NATAS deeds with LUXZAVA deeds, KNOW many see the called Lucifer as of now as the devil or evol 1, then why shock minds like this UNLESS MESSAGE... if so thanks

ALL Religions
and the others not shown / mentioned would need to work with ALL the GLOBAL govs. (known and unknown govs. if possible)
TOGETHER Collectively to bring forth strong evidence verifying or not how GOD came into existence in the minds of many here. WHO is GOD AMEN RA ... to EA*RTH who ARE THE who ancient man Labeled GOD or GODS (WHY IS MAN TAUGHT TO FOLLOW 1 GOD?)

for the depths have the answers, yes.

The answers may be hard to accept and share and yes 1 understands why not disclose but answering the OP OT.

This is what 1 ATS member known as Ophiuchus 13 feel would need done to purify the minds so the minds can progress outside of enormous amounts of illusion -deceit -LIES build up over times/periods

making the blocking mechanisms within the conscious of man

that cause man to acknowledge a GOD and further WORSHIP a GOD to the point of building militaries that eventually defend the GODs KILL FOR THE GODS DIE FOR THE GODS sad BUT YOU SEE THE CONSCIOUS BLOCKS wiii? on WE...

Which have unfortunately attacked the human psyche, as it the consciousness of man tries and tried to figure out the FAKEness over so many periods like GOD are you real* IF SO WHO ARE YOU TO ME AS A CREATION* do you care HOW WE FEEL* WHERE ARE YOU WE NEED YOU***

AND NOW MAN WITH ENERGIES AROUND THE HAS TO SHOW MATURITY LEVEL even after so much Trauma Spiritual TRAUMA from energies that played the game well, w/o realizing the more you play the game it evolves within & outside itself LIKE A VIDEO GAME THAT MAJICALLY MAKES ITSELF INTO A SERIES TO PROGRAM...(hidden truth?)

And so ATTRACTS TRUTH as so many in the game LIE .. and so THE NOW ...
THE TEST results yes SCHOOL of development and advancement/maturity. Do wiii ACT like the cream of the crop as if wheat of chaff and leave WE the real crop or wheat of the EA* in the lost zones
as wiii play the next game set/start up as the king/queen WHEATs why actually being Monsanto... and not ORIGIN or WE... and WILL wiii start to ACT/fake again as they
and evaluate?

And when the teachers OR GODS, Guides & Overseers leave will the wiii act wear off and wiii play the SAME CONTROL game with we just with new rules and tools, hmm game...

THIS IS AN INTERNAL QUESTION for wiii not we...

And so is it the faults of the taught WE by the wiii for not knowing any better 1 doubts but shall the teachers show the truth and guide or oversee as its a sick cycle that can continue up until the next test evaluations

YES 1 LOVES YOU ALL* maturity growth my be expected so it would be nice if wiii/we become actually WiEi and then WE wouldn't look so immature when proposed with the realities of disclosing to the masses or WE objective TRUTH...

NAMASTE*******
LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
The day after Disclosure. DDay...

I think that the first 24 hours the world would be in mind numbing shock. Everyone will be frozen in place, like a doe caught in the car headlights. Glued to whatever information feeds are available to them. Many, many people will be frightened badly, after diving in head first to the UFO/ET phenomena and all the "information" available. People will be terrified after their crash course into the cult aspects of the phenomenon. Then, after a restless sleep, and if the world isn't shaking upon waking, the backlash will ensue.

The religious will flock to their temples and really - alien visitation is the best thing that could happen for the religions. They've returned from the heavens. The spin is easy and already tailored into the scripture. So I do think that a certain sector of humanity will gladly fall to their knees and raise their hands skyward. We already do! It's not much of a deviation from current practice - so to speak. The situation and contingency plan is already programmed en masse. But that's just my hunch.

Now, there is that certain portion of humanity that is not religious and will have, no they will demand - answers. They won't accept heavenly messengers or masters from the unknown, with unknown intentions. They will be the thorn in our governments side - meanwhile the governments around the world....

Are scrambling and scared. (Upon assuming that they know little to nothing of the Visitors.) They then are asking themselves: Who are they? What do they want? What will they claim? How much further advanced are they? Can we protect ourselves against them? Are they making attempting communication? Is their posturing defensive or aggressive? Who are the experts we can call on? What are the contingencies? Should our elected be put in the fall-out shelters? Are they claiming our planet as their own? Is this peaceful first contact? Are they here to claim dominion over Earth and us, are they claiming to be our superiors? So many questions!!!

I'm quite sure I'd like to be a fly on the wall at that strategic defense meeting, with all the top guns of military, science, and intelligence in the conference room. I imagine live feeds to all the other world leaders in the country with their top personnel in academia - all sitting around working together just in case - SHTF.

Meanwhile, I'd be taking my kids on a camping/hiking/fishing expedition for a few weeks - get away from the city for a spell, and see what takes place far a field.

Meanwhile, in Vatican news - Reports have been verified that the Roman Catholic Church has been sitting on evidence and proof in their vaults - and declares - "God's Heavenly Angels Return and Revelations is upon us."

It would be a sight I'd not be so very surprised to see in my life time. But I don't want to see it. I still maintain, they break atmosphere at plain sight - we're in deep poo.

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

What is that? Looks like a dude chasing a snake in the desert.

Certainly the aliens will have none of that.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by winofiend

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

What is that? Looks like a dude chasing a snake in the desert.

Certainly the aliens will have none of that.

and what do you see here?

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:17 PM
link   
Yeah, I would really like to see the reaction of the crazy religious folks. They are bound do and say stupid stuff.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xenoglossy
Yeah, I would really like to see the reaction of the crazy religious folks. They are bound do and say stupid stuff.

I always figured that if aliens landed, most devout Christians would automatically perceive them as an evil force. Most would be waiting on their front lawns with firearms. The less hardcore mild Christians would probably just try to convert them or something lol.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xenoglossy

I always figured that if aliens landed, most devout Christians would automatically perceive them as an evil force. Most would be waiting on their front lawns with firearms. The less hardcore mild Christians would probably just try to convert them or something lol.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join