It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if beer will disappear....forever...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

don't forget Ye Olde Housewives Favorite:

Vanilla Extract
90% alcohol [180 degrees proof ]

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by rickymouse

Shame on you for even thinking like that Hopefully this thread does not inspire another prohibition. I think I need to go drink a beer just in case they are outlawed in ten years
When things are happening there is no time for thinking.

In ten years?

I'd say in few months.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:18 AM
link   

What if beer will disappear....forever...,

human reproductive rates would fall drastically!

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by tinhattribunal

human reproductive rates would fall drastically!
But they are already at low heights.

What more can you expect.

Death rate has exceed the birth rate in some parts of the world,and also population is aged in many countries.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:38 PM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

I better get drunk while there is still a chance then

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:40 PM
link   

I better get drunk while there is still a chance then
This is your option.

I wouldn't do that.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Oh I wish I could open a store with sunglasses.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Beer utilizes brewers yeast and yeast creates chemicals that usually kills bacteria. This chemical, acetic acid, causes our bodies to have a raise in stomach acid to kill bacteria. There is similar chemistry to vinegar aflotoxins and beer/alcohol aflotoxins. We have evolved so that they do not hurt us much, actually they can help us to create muscle and energy.

I can't see a bacteria surviving in vinegar and alcohol, that would take a lot of evolution. It doesn't stop the government from banning beer for a made up reason though. I can give many very good health reasons that drinking a couple of beers is good for most people, and only one bad one, intoxication if overconsumed.
edit on 6-7-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Beer utilizes brewers yeast and yeast creates chemicals that usually kills bacteria. This chemical, acetic acid, causes our bodies to have a raise in stomach acid to kill bacteria. There is similar chemistry to vinegar aflotoxins and beer/alcohol aflotoxins. We have evolved so that they do not hurt us much, actually they can help us to create muscle and energy.

Yeast is fungi , which most beers use for fermentation,if genetically modified and added new companion bacteria then..

But the process is more complex and heat plays a key role in it.

edit on 6-7-2013 by piequal3because14 because: a

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Hmmm...I wonder what genetic modification of grains that are used to make alcohol will do. Will the fermentation process even work? Is that what you are saying?

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
The world would most likely be a much better place.
Alcohol is an awful drink that makes people act like animals.
Oh so it makes you feel good? Doesn't negate the fact it's awful and ruins many families. Hard drug addicts say it makes them feel good too....

I do drink, btw. I'm just smart enough to realize that alcohol is one of the worst drugs on this planet.

Actually IME, people, who drink, defend their addiction even more vehemently than IVDU(look at this thread or any other). The IVDU usually admits the drug is bad.

edit on 6-7-2013 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

Alcohol is a very powerful and necessary medicine. A medicine that is often abused.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I should clarify I don't support prohibition. Just saying people need to recognize how bad it really is.
I really can't go into any detailed explanation on this forum due to the T&Cs.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

The world would most likely be a much better place.
Alcohol is an awful drink that makes people act like animals.
Oh so it makes you feel good? Doesn't negate the fact it's awful and ruins many families. Hard drug addicts say it makes them feel good too....
You are so right about that.

I guess you should see London on weekends....evenings-nights

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Hmmm...I wonder what genetic modification of grains that are used to make alcohol will do. Will the fermentation process even work? Is that what you are saying?
Same thing will happen that happened with edible mushrooms, ie irreversible genetic mutations,only at different scale even domesticated.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I had to log on....
Not to comment on this thread (although, I would make the switch over to CocaCola if beer were to disappear), but to comment on the ATS members that took up the whole first page.

How can an entire membership of a conspiracy website, where you have to be somewhat imaginative to even see a conspiracy in the first place, have sooooo much trouble answering and even realizing that it was a HYPOTHETICAL "what if"???

I did my second ever "real life" facepalm while reading some of the replies.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

funnymama.com...

How can an entire membership of a conspiracy website, where you have to be somewhat imaginative to even see a conspiracy in the first place, have sooooo much trouble answering and even realizing that it was a HYPOTHETICAL "what if"???

??? beer will disappear....forever...
Gone in the very near future....

edit on 6-7-2013 by piequal3because14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 03:39 PM
link   

but on a serios note mead or whine

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

Emo 4 beer.

edit on 6-7-2013 by piequal3because14 because: 4

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
As a Canadian I think our county would declare marshal law. Have you seen what happens here when our hokey teams loose the Stanley cup? We would first build the largest igloo ever seen to store the remaining Molson supply then we would defend it with the only weapon we have. The empty beer bottle. We Canadians know how to throw a empty. All the Canadian scientists would drop everything and try to eliminate this bacteria from this earth.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join