It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What if beer will disappear....forever...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

That is a false statement.

Let me buy you a beer!

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by borntowatch

Yeah fair point, life will be very limited, sadly limited. Trying to look on the bright side.....trying
Better building an underground facility 30 feet by 30 feet packed(but not with the wife because will not last that much ) with beer to last at least 50 years,or so.

edit on 6-7-2013 by piequal3because14 because: add

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

That is a false statement.

Let me buy you a beer!
I guess is late night and you need some night sleep AthlonSavage.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:22 AM
link   

no tears from me
beer, unless it's ice cold, tastes like piss to me [flame on!]

it would be a good thing especially for euros and their progeny

before beer came to europe, via the ME
there was

Mead (/ˈmiːd/; archaic and dialectal "medd"; from Old English "meodu"[1] German: Меt, Ukrainian: Мед, Russian: Медовуха, Serbo-Croatian: Medovina/Медовина, Lithuanian: Midus, Persian: مِی mey), also called honey wine, is an alcoholic beverage that is produced by fermenting a solution of honey and water.[2] It may also be produced by brewing a solution of water and honey with grain mash, which is strained before or after fermentation.[3] Depending on local traditions and specific recipes, it may be flavored with spices, fruit, or hops[4] (which produce a bitter, beer-like flavor). The alcoholic content of mead may range from about 8% ABV[5] to 18%. It may be still, carbonated or naturally sparkling, and it may be dry, semi-sweet or sweet.[6]

Mead is known from many sources of ancient history throughout Europe, Africa and Asia, although archaeological evidence of it is ambiguous.[7] Its origins are lost in history. "It can be regarded as the ancestor of all fermented drinks," Maguelonne Toussaint-Samat has speculated, "antedating the cultivation of the soil."[8]

Claude Lévi-Strauss makes a case for the invention of mead as a marker of the passage "from nature to culture."[9] Mead has played an important role in the beliefs and mythology of some peoples. One such example is the Mead of Poetry, a mead of Norse mythology crafted from the blood of the wise being Kvasir which turns the drinker into a poet or scholar.

then you'd see a scrambling to save the Bees
2 free lessons in ecological consciousness that even the dumbest of the dumb could Grok

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by TheMagus

then you'd see a scrambling to save the Bees 2 free lessons in ecological consciousness that even the dumbest of the dumb could Grok
Very interesting info thank you for sharing it.

Indeed we never learn our lesson and when we will I guess it will be too late for us....but not for Mother Nature.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I see the beer disappear all the time. Glasses and bottles and even friges get empty just like that.

If it also would disapear from the shops, I would replace it with a good rum.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Siddharta

I see the beer disappear all the time. Glasses and bottles and even friges get empty just like that.

If it also would disapear from the shops, I would replace it with a good rum.

Okay,and who will work then?

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by piequal3because14
reply to post by winofiend

But you are correct, there will always be FB. Fosters Brewery has had little to do with Beer for as long as it's been around
FB=Facebook,and I know you knew it....

Ahh !

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:53 AM
link   

It's ok. The kids will just start drinking bath water.

I hear it's all the rage.
Or maybe just milk.

Well there is the theory that warm milk sooths a child because of the casomorphins causing an opiate like effect on the body and making them feel sedate and cozy.

In fact there was a study done many years ago to investigate the effectiveness of caseins in autistic people in hospitals, to help them relax and calm down rather than feed them benzodiazepines.

So you may be onto something there. Damn milk addicts.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by AthlonSavage

Oh I know Australia is a colony of New Zeeland as my friend Muzzy told me,and indeed freezing temperatures Australia has.

oh im glad your know your geology. Your friend Muzzy will also know Girls don't drink beer in Australia they are too civilised.

They do if you put a dash red cordial in the beer bottle, like a tooheys new or a carton cold. Makes a red shandy and a rather swish dainty treat!

But this means that the kids will all drink them so they have to make them $40 for 4 of them in a cardboard pack, and that will teach the kids that binge drinking is wrong. Paying the taxman is the only way to remedy this situation. Alas, they will just go buy a $40 bottle of stolly and mix it with red cordial anyway. We need more taxes but the stupid pollies just wont tax everything enough.

So the only real solution is to make red things illegal. And pink, orange and blue things. All colours of alcohol..

For the kids...

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I always remember one night when a friend passed me a pint of some yellow stuff that was rather warm...first i thought it was a pint of p**s then i realised the barstewards were really after me and they'd given me fosters

American beer is like making love on a canoe....its f---ing close to water

But if beer disappeared the Obi Wan would be able to sense it as if a million drinkers suddenly went NOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo!!!!

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch
Get a grip, alcohol can be sourced from wine and spirits, life is not over, just limited.

Better up my beer intake, thanks for the heads up.

This guy can think on his feet!

Never mind that beer is about to become extinct, we can make beer out of cheap wine!

Lmao, hopefully we can stay away from synthetic alcohol. They make that stuff out of laboratories and beakers.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Well there is the theory that warm milk sooths a child because of the casomorphins causing an opiate like effect on the body and making them feel sedate and cozy.
Nope because it must be served cold ,very cold in order to replace beer

But you knew which my answer would be.

So you may be onto something there. Damn milk addicts.
Better than beer for kids.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by borntowatch

reply to post by borntowatch

Get a grip, alcohol can be sourced from wine and spirits, life is not over, just limited.
This is true but beer will be an unforgettable lost war for humanity.

Yeah fair point, life will be very limited, sadly limited.

Trying to look on the bright side.....trying

www.google.com.au...

Colloquialy known as wife basher beer

We grew up on Emu Export Lager (before they killed it and took the Lager off the label) and it was the only beer worth drinking.

When they killed it and made it Emu Export, it was a pale comparison. We went to a duty free shop once, and saw they had an old carton of it in display. We had a carton of beer with us, and we actually talked the guy in the shop to letting us swap the crap emu for the good emu.

Man.. that wouldn't even be legal today. some law would be applied.

Back when Perth used to be good old Perth and not "look at us we're not even Melbourne but we'll act like tossers anyway!"

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

But if beer disappeared the Obi Wan would be able to sense it as if a million drinkers suddenly went NOOOOOOOOOOoooooooo!!!!

Not as long as Darth Vader is around him and....Yeeeeees.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Mouth wash or spiritus.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Maxatoria

American beer is like making love on a canoe
Nope

“We old folks have to find our cushions and pillows in our tankards. Strong beer is the milk of the old.”

Martin Luther

If you are old of course...

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by voudon

Young you are at heart apprentice voudon,to know that the "schwartz" doesn't allow to use her dark side on these lands.

Many things you have to learn before you will became a ˈdʒɛˌdaɪ.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Shame on you for even thinking like that
Hopefully this thread does not inspire another prohibition.

I think I need to go drink a beer just in case they are outlawed in ten years.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join