It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The World may be reaching a nexus point......

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Finally, the power hungry Military/industrial/organised crimeplex has shown its true paranoid schitzophrenic darkside. The Snowden Affair is an affront to virtually everyone.
With more and more countries publicly announcing offers for the safety of our latest and greatest whistle blower....The tide of world opinion seems to be tipping.
Public pressure is unseating governments......the invasion of the worlds privacy , is , perhaps the greatest single offensive move ever undertaken, Now the implications are striking home....I think the unity shown by the various friendly governments by offering asylum en masse....not only deflects any retaliations, but implys a condemnation that is sweeping in scope.
Not that I expect Snowden to be the battle cry that brings down the NWO, but it seems a good place to build the unity of revulsion that is required to reject the agendas we are presented with.
The swelling list of countries signifys the outrage of the governments and people whose privacy has also been breached.......In fact the entire worlds privacy has been scooped up and thrown in a "bag" by the US and associated governments, for detailed examination at NSAs leisure.
Perhaps this one act of overbearing power tripping, has given every man woman and child in the world some cause to be upset with the way the PTB are pushing the applecart.
Further testimony, and deeper revelations, or harsh treatment of the whistleblowers, will only serve to unite world opinion as never before against such activity, and against those whose power mad schemes require it,
Is this then the beginning of the end of the hedgemoney?.......the initial single crack in the giants armour, that may lead to a groundswell of humanity with no desire to participate further in the grand chessboard schemes.......
any opinions where this could lead to?

edit on 6-7-2013 by stirling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 06:35 AM
link   
Hi stirling

The whole world is going tits up

and I am ashamed that MY GUV is giving us Brits a bad name.

My country is the laughing stock of the world, an image perpetrated by them NOT US
At the mo the sun is out and the godiva festival is underway, so their is a feel good factor this wkend
Next week it will doom n gloom as usual.

But im happy (sort of)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

Wall....of.....text......

Some paragraphs would be nice.

But yes, I agree with you. I think that all the world really needs is a uniting factor like hating the US. And maybe this is it.

Than again, maybe not. I guess time will tell.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 07:28 AM
link   
It comes as no surprise to anyone in government anywhere in the world that spying is going on, internally and externally. The shock you see being expressed by governments is all about face. It is posturing. No one is surprised we spied on them, they all spy on us.

Citizens of any country with cell phones and internet should also know, as we have been told time and time again that these devices are not private.

Don't think this is your tipping point. That will most likely be economic.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 08:48 AM
link   
The governments are NOT what im talking about though...its the people I am thinking who will reject the bull# that they have been force fed.
The governments are merely posturing for points, but the people are not .

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:30 AM
link   
This is all just one huge distraction from what's really going on. The hardcore CT crowd has known/intuited this level of spying for at least the last decade. The only people who are shocked are the lemmings.

Apparently telling the rest what a chunk already know, and what would have gotten out eventually, sooner rather than later, is a tactic to keep things not yet well understood by a chunk, from entering the sphere of public awareness.

Make sense? Then it was or was not meant for you.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Alex Carey studied corporate propaganda. He inspired others to do so. His book titled “Taking the Risk Out of Democracy: Corporate Propaganda versus Freedom and Liberty said:

“The twentieth century has been characterized by three developments of great political importance: the growth of democracy, the growth of corporate power, and the growth of corporate propaganda as a means of protecting corporate power against democracy.”

State-sponsored propaganda works the same way. Americans in particular are the most over-entertained, under-informed people anywhere. They believe most anything they’re told ad nauseam.

They’re easy marks. Big Lies seduce them. They launch wars. Media scoundrels repeat them. They’re weapons of mass deception. They convince people wrong is right. Alternative voices are marginalized. End Quote:

IMO separating the masses of the world from the propaganda they have been spoon feed all their lives is a monumental task. For every inch gained thousands must be made to drink the bitter taste of the waters of truth and knowledge; no easy task. The question then arises on whose version of the truth will be told.

Which voice can stand above the many voices all wanting a hearing? Religions and their once held monopoly on their version of truth are even losing the control of the masses in many countries. Only in the poor uneducated countries do they seem to get away with the total control of the masses through fear and intimidation if not out right worldly punishment by some religiously directed punisher....

Interesting times we are living in and for sure the questions are many yet the answers are hard to come by.

Yes there are more and more believing or waking up to the fact that the world has changed. They are just now noticing a new world where things are not as they once thought and feel impotent to effect a cause for change.

Egypt with all it's faults has shown the world change can be made if and when the people unite. Their future is being written by the people.... yet I fear it will be the same old smooth talkers who ascend to the thrown of power to subjugate the populaces once again; only time will tell. Given "time" it always seems the corruptible rise to the top regardless of the language or country. Maybe a pessimistic view but a view nonetheless gathered from those who were once looking down from on high.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by 727Sky
Egypt with all it's faults has shown the world change can be made if and when the people unite. Their future is being written by the people....

Egypt's future is being written by those who have the guns. Let's be realistic here.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Egypt with all it's faults has shown the world change can be made if and when the people unite. Their future is being written by the people.... yet I fear it will be the same old smooth talkers who ascend to the thrown of power to subjugate the populaces once again; only time will tell. Given "time" it always seems the corruptible rise to the top regardless of the language or country. Maybe a pessimistic view but a view nonetheless gathered from those who were once looking down from on high.

This is all kinda a circular blast of reasoning.

What these Arab uprisings show, is that nothing really changes, except on the surface of things. People can feel as if there's a difference, and delude their selves into perceiving it as so, but in reality, the same games, and stories are told with slight variations.
edit on 6-7-2013 by QuantriQueptidez because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET

Egypt with all it's faults has shown the world change can be made if and when the people unite. Their future is being written by the people....

Egypt's future is being written by those who have the guns. Let's be realistic here.

When the US is finally financially broken and the empire is tossed into the dustbin of history, who will make and distribute the guns that determine who the "winners" will be? No one knows the future of Egypt, or even the future of their own country.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

They can't financially break until another country has a superior army.

Our military influence secures the petro-dollar, which secures our ability to run the game of civilization.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by QuantriQueptidez
reply to post by frazzle

They can't financially break until another country has a superior army.

Our military influence secures the petro-dollar, which secures our ability to run the game of civilization.

Like that is a guarantee of the future of the petro dollar?

27 March, 2013

President Vladimir Putin is expected to meet with his Egyptian counterpart Mohammed Morsi for the first time on the sidelines of the BRICS summit [Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa] in Durban, South Africa, on March 27.

"We have had no personal contacts with the Egyptian leadership for a long time. But Egypt is playing an important role in regional processes. Therefore, the decision has been made for the two presidents to meet in Durban," Kremlin aide Yury Ushakov said at a press briefing in Moscow on Monday.

He said the situation in the Middle East and North Africa, first of all the Syrian topic, will be among the key issues to be discussed.

"I think Syria will be among the key issues in the Durban discussions, especially with Morsi," Ushakov said.
Read more: english.ruvr.ru...

You can delay the future temporarily, but you can't destroy an idea with bombs and guns.

BRICS could run out of alphabet before they run out of countries that want a piece of that action.

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

That just leads to world war.

(why do you think there is such a push to get people fit ??)

You do realize our trade, economic, and military agreements vastly trumps any upcoming possible agreements?

Puhleaaze..

posted on Jul, 6 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuantriQueptidez
reply to post by frazzle

That just leads to world war.

(why do you think there is such a push to get people fit ??)

You do realize our trade, economic, and military agreements vastly trumps any upcoming possible agreements?

Puhleaaze..

The US is waging world war as we speak, they're just not calling it that. The fact is that most nations don't want the petro dollar anymore, its a fraud against humanity.

Getting fit? Get real, being able to bench press double your weight and do hundreds of push ups won't save anybody from a drone attack.

Military agreements (like petro dollars) aren't worth the paper they're written on. If you don't believe me, just ask some sheep herder in Pakistan.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Every country spies on its own citizens. Always has.

As for the swelling list of countries willing to take on Snowden, what is it up to? Two?

For the record the Australians and the French seem to have MUCH worse (and in the case of the French, illegal) spying than the US, internal spying.

As for allies spying on each other, that's something that's always happened - it's simply now also happening electronically.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 07:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by superannoyingreality

Every country spies on its own citizens. Always has.

As for the swelling list of countries willing to take on Snowden, what is it up to? Two?

For the record the Australians and the French seem to have MUCH worse (and in the case of the French, illegal) spying than the US, internal spying.

As for allies spying on each other, that's something that's always happened - it's simply now also happening electronically.

Every country does it? So just get used to it? Is that what you/we really want? Are you willing to settle for a government that tracks you day and night? It is supposed to be the reverse, remember? WE pay THEM for their dubious services and hired employees don't tell the boss how business is done.

So what about those alleged 11 million illegal aliens the government says they can't find or track or watch or tax or regulate? What is it about this particular segment of society that it isn't all buttoned down, buttoned up and regulated like branded cattle? Oh yeah, they haven't waived their natural rights with a million and one signatures on a million and one official documents. So naturally they need to be cajoled and coerced into accepting the branding iron just like the rest of us have done. Just put your X on the dotted line Pedro and we'll "take good care of you."

To all those people who say that they don't mind being watched because they're not doing anything wrong, I would say, NO, you are not doing anything right.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

Not DOES IT, but does it and has been doing it for centuries and isn't going to stop doing it.

Believing they will is delusional.

The US has literally been doing this since 1776. And it's survived.

The only achievable goal is more transparency and oversight to try and limit abuse.

There's no hope for stopping intelligence work or stopping domestic surveillance. It's literally not an option.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:00 AM
link   

reply to post by frazzle

Not DOES IT, but does it and has been doing it for centuries and isn't going to stop doing it.

Believing they will is delusional.

The US has literally been doing this since 1776. And it's survived.

The only achievable goal is more transparency and oversight to try and limit abuse.

There's no hope for stopping intelligence work or stopping domestic surveillance. It's literally not an option.

You were here in 1776 to know the government was watching the people? We can know for sure that they were watching their slaves and indentured servants with an eagle eye to take note of any infraction that warranted hauling out the whips. And they probably did get away with it to a certain degree in the more populated areas which is exactly the reason so many people fled the cities for remote regions where they could not be hovered over, to be "free", dontchaknow.

How are you going to get more transparency from them if you can' get them out of your back pocket because they OWN your pocket.

And its noted that you neglected to respond with your explanations of why UNDOCUMENTED aliens cannot be tracked and regulated like cattle. I'm sure that was just an oversight.

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by frazzle

I know what Franklin et al got up to because its common knowledge. And because I care enough to learn about the things I talk about.

A cursory glance at the history of US domestic spying will open your eyes, I'm sure.

As for the bizarre claim that people fled out of cities to escape government, well it's laughable really.

There's no single cause for the numerous waves of people leaving the east coast and heading west, but there's NO evidence that a major factor was people upset at domestic surveillance.

As for why undocumented aliens can't be tracked (to the same extent); first I didn't understand your question; second, now that I do, it's pretty obvious isn't it? PRISM is about collating data; if there's no or little data, it doesn't work.

Pretty obvious.
edit on 7-7-2013 by superannoyingreality because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 7 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   

reply to post by frazzle

I know what Franklin et al got up to because its common knowledge. And because I care enough to learn about the things I talk about.

A cursory glance at the history of US domestic spying will open your eyes, I'm sure.

As for the bizarre claim that people fled out of cities to escape government, well it's laughable really.

There's no single cause for the numerous waves of people leaving the east coast and heading west, but there's NO evidence that a major factor was people upset at domestic surveillance.

As for why undocumented aliens can't be tracked (to the same extent); first I didn't understand your question; second, now that I do, it's pretty obvious isn't it? PRISM is about collating data; if there's no or little data, it doesn't work.

Pretty obvious.
edit on 7-7-2013 by superannoyingreality because: (no reason given)

Common knowledge. It would have been darned hard for Franklin to keep an eye on the colonists all the way from France where he was from 1776 through 1783. Shoot, it took about three months for a letter to span the ocean blue with all that intelligence gathering he did. On the French people, I suppose.

So you can't tell me why people DID flee the populated areas of the colonies but you sure as heck know that it didn't involve nosy busybody neighbors.

Collecting data, my point exactly. We kindly provide them with all the data they could possibly want and that's why they created all those official forms, so we could do that to ourselves.

Spying on the people didn't catch fire until the income tax form was invented.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join